PDA

View Full Version : Luna GM Events

Alectronas
February 9th, 2016, 04:13 PM
I know its posted somewhere on facebook about what events players would like to see happen in Luna Reborn, but I want to make a more concise listing of them..

This thread is for players to post any events they would like to see happen! I will be taking note of which ones players want most, so please, even if you don't suggest any events, make it known which of the ones previously posted you would like to see.

Xkiraster
February 9th, 2016, 05:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2iXUM8DNYo

hint hint

Puddingcess
February 9th, 2016, 05:12 PM
this isn't a suggestion but..

Some people have low-end PC or Slow internet...

try to think about those two during your events <3

Puddingcess
February 9th, 2016, 05:12 PM

Alectronas
February 9th, 2016, 05:18 PM

Lol, yea np. We're used to that. Our office computers suck.

XMonogatari
February 9th, 2016, 06:46 PM
Fashion Events, Hide & Seek with the GMs events, server vs GMs, summoning events that end with a raid boss being summoned or ones where a large amount of mobs get spawned on a map and some of them drop different items, forum events such as Player of The Month, costume design and fan media contest events... I can't think of anything else @.@

RuRuRuRuRu
February 9th, 2016, 06:54 PM
You could do treasure hunt. The GM's give an ambiguous clue with more than one answer, each of those answer takes people on a different path sort of thing?
ie "Hidden at the Big Stone", then a gm account newbie has a shoptitle at 3 locations that have big stones with another clue etc.

OmattseseQY6x0Y
February 9th, 2016, 07:41 PM
Just for additional idea, I want to see a Bambooboo Event wherein you'll gonna summon tons of Bambooboo in a specific area, with decent drops (think for those drops). As we all know it takes time to take down a Bambooboo! DoT skills will be useful on these event.

Kohpii
February 9th, 2016, 08:30 PM
Since most of the events are said by monogatari I can't actually think of anything, (damn you mono).

*But yeah, a bring me would be awesome, like a carp, and the first person to find the gm and trade the carp gets something in return.
*Some in game quiz, although that would be unfair to new players.
*Guess the NPC, monster, or item name, give hints from the most hardest to easiest until someone guessed it.
*Go in a disguise as a regular player in one map, randomly give clues that you are the GM or the event master, like before, the one who guessed that its a GM wins.
*Have a Fair once in a while, free rides (If we're including in Luna Reborn the rides from Luna Plus) that's longer than usual time for the buffs.
*And last, the all time Exp and Drop rate bonuses randomly!

I actually encourage to not give costumes and/or OP items, if costumes are given it is better w/o stats, if its an item it would be better if it was a mats that's hard to get.

Amberaptorr
February 9th, 2016, 09:14 PM
Fashion Events, Hide & Seek with the GMs events, server vs GMs, summoning events that end with a raid boss being summoned or ones where a large amount of mobs get spawned on a map and some of them drop different items, forum events such as Player of The Month, costume design and fan media contest events... I can't think of anything else @.@

You guys named everything I could think of so xD But These events I enjoyed the most/ thought of as well

Also what Kohpii said with a Trivia sort of game where GMs ask questions about Luna Lore and first to pm wins.

D3monicSh4dow
February 10th, 2016, 12:39 AM
We could also have an extra map as sort of a testing ground or maybe events map... when u need a new event spawn/ build a ton of stuff there for stuff like hide/seek, race, puzzles or just plain old GM v server stuff. Again.. this is on the far side of the possibility spectrum but just putting it out there..

NoobCakess
February 10th, 2016, 01:15 AM
The GIF below is just a test.
http://i.imgur.com/8Z38tM7.gif

Monster Hunting: GM asks for a certain item drop from a specific mob, players go kill it and try to obtain the item and hand it to the GM.

SomeKickassTank
February 10th, 2016, 06:59 AM
~Copypasted this from my facebook post

I really liked the "hide and seek" events with GMs giving out hints to where they were hiding. As long as they're not too easy. It's much more fun and rewarding if they're tricky and takes some time to figure out.

Also the thing I was looking forward to every week was the regular maintenance, with the respawning of bosses with accompanying lucky boxes.
Maybe not really an "event" as per say but I think it'd be cool to have some sort of weekly or monthly "lottery" of some kind.
Opening the boxes and hoping for that random really low percentage loot was one of the most enjoyable things about Luna in my opinion.

Monster Hunting: GM asks for a certain item drop from a specific mob, players go kill it and try to obtain the item and hand it to the GM.

^Also this sounds amazing, might get a little crowded when all players try to kill the same mob though. :)

Amberaptorr
February 10th, 2016, 02:46 PM

You'd just have to make sure you can't buy the item from a merchant xD Would be kind of wrong if someone was grinding mobs trying to get an object and I just went up and bought it.

KuroYami
February 10th, 2016, 03:02 PM
Heya! I'm a fan of different Events where everyone can participate, I second the Hide-n-seek events, they are pretty awasome.

Also I kinda have a list of different events you can where everyone can participate.

1) Mr and Mrs whatever: Every month you guys can give 1 prize to a guy and a girl for being the most famous, or stylish, or funny, etc.

2) Cap the pic: You guys take a screenshot in an awkward situation or something, and the users create the dialogs, the most original ones get a reward

3) Comic Fest: We users take screenshots and add dialogs to our characters to create a comic based on the theme of the comic. Of course you guys pic the theme or subject of the comic.

and... that's all I can come up with right now... I thought I was going to think on more stuff but brain kinda dead ._.

XMonogatari
February 10th, 2016, 03:46 PM
Heya! I'm a fan of different Events where everyone can participate, I second the Hide-n-seek events, they are pretty awasome.

Also I kinda have a list of different events you can where everyone can participate.

1) Mr and Mrs whatever: Every month you guys can give 1 prize to a guy and a girl for being the most famous, or stylish, or funny, etc.

2) Cap the pic: You guys take a screenshot in an awkward situation or something, and the users create the dialogs, the most original ones get a reward

3) Comic Fest: We users take screenshots and add dialogs to our characters to create a comic based on the theme of the comic. Of course you guys pic the theme or subject of the comic.

and... that's all I can come up with right now... I thought I was going to think on more stuff but brain kinda dead ._.
I love all of these~~
The first one sounds kinda like Player of The Month but for couples xD
I remember there was something like the last one back in gPot because I remember entering a contest where the theme was 'fairytale' and we had to pick a fairytale and recreate it/a scene from it in Luna and take a screen shot, that one was nice too!

Amberaptorr
February 10th, 2016, 05:52 PM
This idea isn't original because I remember a private server doing it xD but a GM may give a "theme" like I remember the themes being elements like fire or water and the players take a screenshot that best suits said theme and whichever fits theme best wins. I liked it because it caused me to think outside of the box and try to be creative with my screenshots :D

KuroYami
February 11th, 2016, 10:28 AM
Also... Since everyone is in hype for new costumes, gender swapped costumes and all that, it could be a nice idea to have a fashion design contest, like you give us a picture with a mold and we the players create different outfits, accesories, backpieces and even pets. I think it would be nice to make this like a seasonal event, and to have 3 winners, one for creating a costume, other one for a backpiece and other one for pets related to the season.

CountLudovici
February 12th, 2016, 05:17 PM
You guys named everything I could think of so xD But These events I enjoyed the most/ thought of as well

Also what Kohpii said with a Trivia sort of game where GMs ask questions about Luna Lore and first to pm wins.

I especially like this , but I think it should be in the public chat =)
Maybe create a specific channel and call it..*BADUMTSS* the Event channel! xD

Also I think we should have 3 to 2 winners on most events =) like 2 on the screenshot ones , good remembering on that one btw ^^ And maybe 3 on slay that monster/bring me that item , and again maybe 2 on a round of hide and seek ^^ and so so ^^

VuCreppa
March 17th, 2016, 08:19 PM
It was a long grinding in LUNA. Quest won't solved this, and requires too much Dev effort.
I suggest that we should add something that make grinding fun and complex

- Add Capchar with significant buff reward

- Ask players to kill different 10 kinds of mob in 5 minuts after announcement --> with a good reward

- Special mob with the same name but clearly different appearance
:: those that aren't agressive, but will kill you if hit them 2 times --> for botter
(this won't kill AFKer that won't actively brainless automatic skill)
:: Those with very high HP with special loot list
:: Even more complex if it's those that will die only if you use the right skill that GM annouced.
:: Randomly spawn of world boss also a good idea
--> it's important to have good reward from this boss, may be very rare, but should be announced server wide to inspired the participation.

Anything that request player to break from brainless with proper reward will make grinding not so bored. I have to leave for work and will add more later.

Also please priority the security of server and prevent cheater.
- Botter will only harm hardcore players, but cheater will hard everyone.

Paliden
March 18th, 2016, 07:58 AM
Right... well, my event is much simpler, just make an event that adds some materials to certain monsters that can be farmed and turned into boxes or buff items or something, in the case of boxes they can be opened and depending on your luck obtain a random item from the event, for example opening one box will mostly likely give you a buff item such as +%Movement Speed Potion, or, in 1/100 if not less, a Costume or Glasses or another unique item.

Amberaptorr
March 18th, 2016, 05:14 PM
Right... well, my event is much simpler, just make an event that adds some materials to certain monsters that can be farmed and turned into boxes or buff items or something, in the case of boxes they can be opened and depending on your luck obtain a random item from the event, for example opening one box will mostly likely give you a buff item such as +%Movement Speed Potion, or, in 1/100 if not less, a Costume or Glasses or another unique item.

Oh yeah I do remember events like that (more holiday events) where pieces were dropped from monsters that combined into a Christmas box or something like that. +1 :awsum:

KuroYami
March 18th, 2016, 07:53 PM
Oh yeah I do remember events like that (more holiday events) where pieces were dropped from monsters that combined into a Christmas box or something like that. +1 :awsum:

Yeah! I remember that (don't know which server) we had one of those for halloween, and with the things we were able to get halloween boxes or craft pump up pumpkin, or something similar, and in the boxes we were able to get sweets (candy lol) and those halloween masks that were kinda creepy Dx (As in bad-looking / Not-the-best-fashion-item)

Yachihojo2pYQ6n
March 22nd, 2016, 07:28 AM
summoning events :)

KyoumaoSGFnoY2j
March 28th, 2016, 06:08 PM
It was a long grinding in LUNA. Quest won't solved this, and requires too much Dev effort.
I suggest that we should add something that make grinding fun and complex

- Add Capchar with significant buff reward

- Ask players to kill different 10 kinds of mob in 5 minuts after announcement --> with a good reward

- Special mob with the same name but clearly different appearance
:: those that aren't agressive, but will kill you if hit them 2 times --> for botter
(this won't kill AFKer that won't actively brainless automatic skill)
:: Those with very high HP with special loot list
:: Even more complex if it's those that will die only if you use the right skill that GM annouced.
:: Randomly spawn of world boss also a good idea
--> it's important to have good reward from this boss, may be very rare, but should be announced server wide to inspired the participation.

Anything that request player to break from brainless with proper reward will make grinding not so bored. I have to leave for work and will add more later.

Also please priority the security of server and prevent cheater.
- Botter will only harm hardcore players, but cheater will hard everyone.

thumbs up, botters -.- though

ItsLufia
March 29th, 2016, 08:05 PM
Definitely exp boost event, monster killing event like everyone is going to kill a mob and it be counted and who ever killes the most mob in a certain time span wins.Also event raid

Anthemica
March 30th, 2016, 05:24 AM
Definitely holiday events. Those were always my favorites. <3

LillWitch
March 30th, 2016, 07:00 AM
Definitely holiday events. Those were always my favorites. <3

YES! I second that ! the seasonal goodies were always a welcome treat , and the quests gave something new to do ;)

ExeBR
March 30th, 2016, 05:26 PM
I don't know if it was discussed here (too lazy to read right now, forgive me) but weekend events would rox, for those who are too busy in real life during business days, especially if it involves augmented exp, gold, drop rates. Or maybe that's too much but at least some of those would be very welcome.

MarvinWolfcub
March 30th, 2016, 05:33 PM
I kinda wanna see forum events where we can join in with drawings or write Luna-themed little stories or poems or the likes. The prizes could be in-game items, like costumes.

KoriFashi
March 30th, 2016, 07:16 PM
what is the timezone of this luna reborn?

Lucil
March 30th, 2016, 10:04 PM
Find the GM Event would be fun... like you will go to a place and try to hide from players.. the first one who spots you wins :D

Aureluxe
April 2nd, 2016, 03:18 AM
I kinda wanna see forum events where we can join in with drawings or write Luna-themed little stories or poems or the likes. The prizes could be in-game items, like costumes.

Totally agreeing with this. It'll foster more forum activity, as well. Maybe attract some of those players who play the game but never look at the forums, which can only be a good thing, as they may then leave feedback and participate in discussion about the game here.

KuroCallista
April 2nd, 2016, 04:43 AM
Forum or Facebook events would bring more traffic to the off client resources. Like a picture with a certain number of slimes and everyone gets 3 chances and the people who get super close get a rare special item, people who are more than 10 off get a different special item and participants get 100% exp scrolls

Rachcook19BYg4P
April 17th, 2016, 09:24 AM
my favourite events in game is the monster hunter events aka drop events
especially during the seasons it keeps people playing the exp grind
could have a chance to get a 1day costume and if people like it enough maybe they will buy a perm or 30d version
its like try befor you buy