PDA

View Full Version : Grow and Shrink Pills

TheorangehW3RJ8
April 5th, 2016, 05:02 AM
I don't know if it is just me, but I hate these things. They didn't bother me at first. Then I did some PvP.

So a quick background on my character. I am a healing-focused mage. I am lvl 38 currently.

Back to the PvP thing. I would be in an area where PvP is on - so I knew I would end up fighting someone. But to start taking damage out of no-where to find it is some tiny dude - who is incredibly hard to click on - is the worst. The same goes double for "teammates". Not party members, but members of the same camp. I see them getting chased around and, as a healer, I want to help, but lord forbid I click on them.

On the other side, I think the growth pills are simply obnoxious, but that is just my opinion. They don't have any real effect on the game like the shrink ones do so I can just deal with them.

Paliden
April 5th, 2016, 05:12 AM
True, in PVP all player's size should be at default value.

Kamuisama
April 5th, 2016, 05:21 AM
I don't know if it is just me, but I hate these things. They didn't bother me at first. Then I did some PvP.

So a quick background on my character. I am a healing-focused mage. I am lvl 38 currently.

Back to the PvP thing. I would be in an area where PvP is on - so I knew I would end up fighting someone. But to start taking damage out of no-where to find it is some tiny dude - who is incredibly hard to click on - is the worst. The same goes double for "teammates". Not party members, but members of the same camp. I see them getting chased around and, as a healer, I want to help, but lord forbid I click on them.

On the other side, I think the growth pills are simply obnoxious, but that is just my opinion. They don't have any real effect on the game like the shrink ones do so I can just deal with them.

I think I know who it is.. that shrink pvp abuse mage guy

LordFiq
April 10th, 2016, 07:30 AM

I have to agree with this. Size changing was an old feature in Luna Plus and it was a feature we hoped would not be brought over to Luna Reborn. The growing pill doesn't really hurt anybody but the shrink pill, meh this one is really an annoyance and have been abused too many times!

Please GM remove the shrink pills, before going open beta. Everyone should be of equal size in Luna to ensure fair visibility in PvP. Or at least, the smallest size should be the standard height when we create our first toon.

PyroFlare
April 10th, 2016, 10:48 AM
Just right click the tiny person 2 target them it's not that hard :/

LordFiq
April 10th, 2016, 11:14 AM
Yeah and that person will just stand still and wait for you to right-click on'em right? :rolleyes:

PyroFlare
April 10th, 2016, 12:07 PM
U can also press the tab key 2 lock on2 them

Globbyastro
April 10th, 2016, 12:52 PM
True, in PVP all player's size should be at default value.
And in PvP all characters should have the same stats and same skills. /sarcasm

Sorry, but they are a mechanic in the game that is actually a strategy to PvP. Tab targeting aside, it's actually smart for a main DPS to be tiny while a tank is huge in a guild v guild or castle siege situation, it ensures the one built to take the damage is much easier and more likely to be targeted than the glass cannon. Unlike PvE, there is no
Aggro system based on heals and such, and this actually counters it to an extent.

As for targeting party members, you can click on their name in the party list, for targeting non party members you can target anyone targeting that player and switch to target their target, and therefor target your faction to heal them.

This is like asking to remove ranged attacks from mobs and players because they can attack you before you can attack them with a fighter.

Darkling88
April 10th, 2016, 03:37 PM
why not bring an option in menu like costumes on or off, while wearing it. I am sure it wont be much trouble implementing Players size off or on

EVInezca
April 11th, 2016, 01:53 AM
why not bring an option in menu like costumes on or off, while wearing it. I am sure it wont be much trouble implementing Players size off or on
+1
Though can't test on this version, players are in normal side on Caste Siege and GT in plus.
While in preplus, those who were tiny got it from winning the 1v1 championship. Their size didn't change even on GT.

RuRuRuRuRu
April 11th, 2016, 02:26 AM
As one of the original Chibi's from pre-plus:
In all pvp that requires you to change to a specific pvp tournament ground, your size will be standardised. This was brought in at Plus. Whilst I loved running at people stealthed in pvp as a midgit that no one could click on even if they saw me, this is a fair change. as for world pvp. That isn't one of the main components of this game. That pvp leaderboard is so easily cheezed that it's not worth even considering.
Guarantee that endgame, any world pvp will end in a single attack since you will easily deal more damage than any player has health.

LordFiq
April 11th, 2016, 09:39 AM
As one of the original Chibi's from pre-plus:
In all pvp that requires you to change to a specific pvp tournament ground, your size will be standardised. This was brought in at Plus. Whilst I loved running at people stealthed in pvp as a midgit that no one could click on even if they saw me, this is a fair change. as for world pvp. That isn't one of the main components of this game. That pvp leaderboard is so easily cheezed that it's not worth even considering.
Guarantee that endgame, any world pvp will end in a single attack since you will easily deal more damage than any player has health.

For me, world pvp isn't about rankings or leaderboards. You can totally remove leaderboards for all I care. But world pvp is still important for guilds to test their strength, come up with strategies and practise them. And since everyone's sizes will be standard in tourneys, having size shrink in world pvp is quite superfluous really. So if you have the advantage of hard to spot/click in world pvp, what good is that if in tourneys, you're going to be same sized as everyone else anyway?

And for the single hit KO in the past, that was Luna Plus. It may be different in Reborn. We'll see ;)

Just to share my old Luna videos of guild wars below. This was open-world pvp back then, without all that size shrinking issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Wafy7s1W4Io

SeriousBusiness
April 12th, 2016, 02:51 AM
shrunk people are nearly impossible to click on. usually takes me 6-10 clicks to view a shop of a shrink booth character.

if im trying to invite someone... forget about it... 6-10 clicks.

nevermind world pvp clicking that 7 pixel tall character of my color to heal them. or invite them to a group.

its a cool cosmetic thing, that really gets in the way of real mechanics and intended actions of the game.

imo. remove the hell out of it.

LordFiq
April 16th, 2016, 02:05 PM
If the devs are not going to remove shrink pills, then I would suggest making the effects temporary only. Like 30 minutes at most and counts down even while the user is offline. Don't make the effects permanent.

Trust me, its gonna be difficult trying to kill a tiny-sized PKer who PKs newbies for fun.

LordFiq
April 16th, 2016, 02:07 PM
Sorry for the double post. Can a forum mod delete this please? :P

AllNicksTaken
April 16th, 2016, 04:21 PM
Remove the effin shrink pills thank you.

KappaPaladin
April 16th, 2016, 06:19 PM
The mod already explained that it's an intended part of the game to make pvp more strategic.

You can shrink yourself to play against shrink pvp-ers in pk channel or just avoid the pk channel.

But still, if there's enough unhappiness voiced out against the shrink pills they might consider to remove it.

Personally I think it's irritating too, when clicking on people to invite them to party or to click on their booths.

Domq
April 16th, 2016, 06:45 PM
I'm new to this server, although not to the game. I hope it's fine if I make a few suggestions.

How about capping the minimum size to a bigger one? That way people will be able to get small, but they won't get ridiculously small.

http://i.imgur.com/s1MmqPq.jpg?1

I used only one pill and turned into this. Which is nice, sure, as a healer I will almost never get targetted, but it wont be fun for those who are against me or a similarly sized enemy.

Additionally, it should also be hard to get so small (Low % chance), and if pills aren't rare, make it so that they are.

DarthHelix
April 16th, 2016, 08:34 PM
The shrink and giant thing amused me at first, i like the idea of slightly ajusting my characters height. i wanted to be just a little shorter. so i used a pill. and poof im super tiny. ok, irritating. i use a growth and im a little taller than normal. i use a shring and back to normal. try a shrink again and tiny, use a growth and suddenly giant.
Personally i dont pk, so i dont care about the impacts it has on pvp. Yes its annoying trying to invite tiny people to party or trades, and huge people block npcs sometimes. but thats player preference.

what i would like to see is a little more predictability on them. If you want to be super tiny make it so you have to use X ammount of shrinks. or X amount of grow for giants. that way the rest of us can still just tweak height slightly like a normal person and not have to keep getting put into the ridiculous giant or micro options.

LillWitch
April 17th, 2016, 04:39 PM
A little more variation in sizes would be nice ;)

BradwardenOj8r3
April 18th, 2016, 12:44 AM
it should be remove! :)

Cutioner
April 18th, 2016, 01:26 AM
Yeah it should be remove.

Or at least there should be a penalty for using those shrink pills, for example, for every pill they use, it is should reduce their physical attack, magic attack, physical defense and magical defense by 30%, I repeat, 30% is per every pill used (1 pill used: -30%, 2 pill used: -60%...).
If it is difficult to aim, then at least make it easier to kill, to make it fairer. Because currently, so small that it is very difficult to click it which is very unfair, but also lose nothing of attack or defense, which makes it still more unjust.

Although it is best to be removed.

Aerondo
April 18th, 2016, 01:57 AM
Actually. I liked the not all char has the same size feature. But yes. Clicking them like that is not a fun thing to do. Just either make a cap for smallest size, or make it easier to click by enlarge the targetable area but ignore their current size

AshleyMD
April 18th, 2016, 02:02 AM
That is a god awful idea to give negatives for cosmetic wow, anyways long story short prior to Luna Plus grow/shrink pills where only given out very very rarely by GMs during events(maybe 1-5 people a month had one) they where not trade able and disappeared on log out.

Was never an issue this way and its how it should stay, Much like how only GM's had siren light hats do to how heavily they draw attention(I'm all ready worried about the amount of these in OBT)

Also Grow pills where the most common between them anyways.

I would keep them just don;t give any out but rarely and make them end on log out or on a timer that's all.

Fervid
April 18th, 2016, 05:14 PM
Maybe you guys could make a poll about this subject to really grab the GM's attention.

SeriousBusiness
April 18th, 2016, 05:43 PM
The mod already explained that it's an intended part of the game to make pvp more strategic.

You can shrink yourself to play against shrink pvp-ers in pk channel or just avoid the pk channel.

But still, if there's enough unhappiness voiced out against the shrink pills they might consider to remove it.

Personally I think it's irritating too, when clicking on people to invite them to party or to click on their booths.

consider the voice... voiced.

its dog... sh... ya.

it disrupts pve and pvp. get rid of it.

Krechar
May 31st, 2016, 01:26 PM
The shrink and giant thing amused me at first, i like the idea of slightly ajusting my characters height. i wanted to be just a little shorter. so i used a pill. and poof im super tiny. ok, irritating. i use a growth and im a little taller than normal. i use a shring and back to normal. try a shrink again and tiny, use a growth and suddenly giant.
Personally i dont pk, so i dont care about the impacts it has on pvp. Yes its annoying trying to invite tiny people to party or trades, and huge people block npcs sometimes. but thats player preference.

what i would like to see is a little more predictability on them. If you want to be super tiny make it so you have to use X ammount of shrinks. or X amount of grow for giants. that way the rest of us can still just tweak height slightly like a normal person and not have to keep getting put into the ridiculous giant or micro options.

yeah that's why I used them didn't use the shrink one but the grow pill I just wanted my character to be taller

Krechar
May 31st, 2016, 01:28 PM
That is a god awful idea to give negatives for cosmetic wow, anyways long story short prior to Luna Plus grow/shrink pills where only given out very very rarely by GMs during events(maybe 1-5 people a month had one) they where not trade able and disappeared on log out.

Was never an issue this way and its how it should stay, Much like how only GM's had siren light hats do to how heavily they draw attention(I'm all ready worried about the amount of these in OBT)

Also Grow pills where the most common between them anyways.

I would keep them just don;t give any out but rarely and make them end on log out or on a timer that's all.

I remember that too. Idk why these servers now keep giving the pills out like candy

OneOfAllAngels
May 31st, 2016, 08:06 PM
I disagree. They should not be removed, but maybe we should make them a lot harder to obtain than what they already are. Because they are as common as all get out in today's Luna. It can be extremely annoying to have to click someone that's super duper small, and if your computer is bad it can be really annoying to have to run into someone that looks like the Jolly Green Giant.

On my stance, I feel like the pills should remain, but they should not be anywhere near as prevalent as they.

Scottyskilz
May 31st, 2016, 10:27 PM
Very ANNOYING (small booths)

Shehroz
June 1st, 2016, 12:13 AM
After reading allthe posts in this thread it was obvious that majority of the people were against the shirk pills and wanted them to be changed and what did the Devs / Publisers do about it ? ..... Nothing.

I see a bright further for this game

LastDonut
June 2nd, 2016, 07:45 PM
actually you can only get it one way now. you can't even buy them now.