PDA

View Full Version : pet afk botting

SeriousBusiness
April 12th, 2016, 02:24 AM
so you completely removed botting .... exceppppppppt you didn't.

literally, just made a new char... and all i am see'n is people afk, sitting down, with their pets attacking things. if you don't think people can script to press ONE button to feed pet... your nieve.

this needs to be stopped, there is nothing that is stopping anyone from getting a 3-5 star pet and literally making the pet level them up. buy pet with aoe>set to aggresive>afk>free botting win.

seriously... this is a JOKE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6MExjcVsEs&feature=youtu.be

if your removing the autohunt in the name of SOCIAL interaction, and less afk like all the purist old luna players wanted... this needs to be looked at.

either remove xp and drops from mobs killed by pets.... in some fashion... or make it so that pets ONLY start attacking things that YOU actually hit first.

AshleyMD
April 12th, 2016, 02:48 AM
I find it amusing as pets don't keep up as well or kill nearly as fast as a bot.

The event coupons for staying logged in is more worth it then the pet experience from killing things.

if we really wanted to get into the technical details of things most gaming keyboards could be set up outside the game to hard press keys and bot within a small area with tab alone.

the difference between a mechanical bot or home user and say a gold farm is gold farming bots are scripted ontop of the game allowing the user to run multi clients in closed settings repeatably across several accounts all at the same time within one operator platform.

tl:dr pet botting is hardly a problem you can not only out dps a pet or take the pets mobs but the end user isnt even pressing a key and without a skill picked any range mage pet hardly needs feed within a typical day.

Your magical fix? afk auto kick on the player after 30 mins, your magical fixes concerns? Open store shops and afk players in Alker harbor. that shouldn't be affected.

Overall let the pet kill its 1 mob at a time its not a big problem and no where as bad as a bot in any shape or form. they are off to the side and usually not taking up any space. Pets cant aoe farm and can't kill nearly as fast as any character bot can so.

SeriousBusiness
April 12th, 2016, 02:52 AM
soooo because they take 5-10 seconds longer to kill.. that makes it ok?

you have some twisted logic my friend.

JayceSpace
April 12th, 2016, 03:12 AM
I'm with Ashley on this. Most pet afk players I see kill like 1-2 mobs a minute. The pet bot breaks often and will get stuck. It can't keep up with multiple agros and will either perish or yourself if they're lured too close. In areas where this isn't a concern you aren't getting enough actual benefit. Low exp. Honestly if they dig out a level or two in 6 hours while at school or work, who really cares? Most likely though they'll die at some point and that will be that. Afk petting was a part of the old game, didn't cause an issue then, can't see it causing one now.

AshleyMD
April 12th, 2016, 03:16 AM
I could go to sleep for 7 hours while a pet hunts for 8, in the 1 hour difference of sleeping I could out level everything the pet did.

comparable to botting the pet is far from an issue. For simplicity we will call it petting.tm players who are petting are not ksing, not taking up space, not aoe killing grinding or last hitting other players, not making nearly has much income or killing bosses, basically all the bigger complaints of what the bot was doing. There is no auto revive or anything you can easily train a pet and kill them comparably to a bot.

most pets kill 1 at a time. Both with auto hunt and without my rogue and majin can group pull and kill around 8-14 mobs at a time with repeating potions.

Pets are also stationary and do not roam. Lets remove pets cause its not fair, now lets remove pots cause its not fair to the non pot buying people. Then lets remove leveling and monsters all the time and just fish :XD:

Darkling88
April 12th, 2016, 12:09 PM
i watch anime while my pet kills the mobs i just sit their and feed him their is nothing wrong with it. if you don't like it, gather a lot of mobs go where he sits then teleport and he gets killed. that's 1 way of doing it, The pets stay only for certain of period of time before they disappear if somebody is not watching it. And don't tell me your not using pets to help you kill mobs that's the same crap. And nice video i was sitting their too....

Darkling88
April 12th, 2016, 12:11 PM
Why do you want to remove pets complete, how about we remove all the costumes and all the items. To make it fair.

SeriousBusiness
April 12th, 2016, 06:55 PM
who said ANYTHING about completely removing pets?

no one.

"i was sitting there in the video, and i was watching anime while this was going on"

that basically PROVES my point.

KaizerD
April 12th, 2016, 08:26 PM
I don't think the technical issue is about botting, it's about afk people sitting taking up a possible grind spot for no reason then. where everyone knows as soon as they hit the same enemy you do it cuts exp drastically especially if you're in a party.

GodofGames
April 12th, 2016, 08:32 PM
the only real problem is that when higher lvl players pet farm lower end bosses, and if they are doing this they already have a 3 star pet that can take on any mobs even if they get train. yea u can also just sit and pet farm the same boss with him out of party. hey free xp for u but u will mostly likey not get any items. But i do agree that u should get auto kick after 30 of not moving your toon. and maybe 2 hours if you are in town with shop. if u have stuff to sell stick it in the auction house. no reason to flood and make lag in towns.

AshleyMD
April 13th, 2016, 12:21 AM
the only real problem is that when higher lvl players pet farm lower end bosses, and if they are doing this they already have a 3 star pet that can take on any mobs even if they get train. yea u can also just sit and pet farm the same boss with him out of party. hey free xp for u but u will mostly likey not get any items. But i do agree that u should get auto kick after 30 of not moving your toon. and maybe 2 hours if you are in town with shop. if u have stuff to sell stick it in the auction house. no reason to flood and make lag in towns.

Boss don't drop anything anymore no one does this, i have yet to see a single person pet any boss, most pet monster 1-5 levels lower then move on.

I don't think the technical issue is about botting, it's about afk people sitting taking up a possible grind spot for no reason then. where everyone knows as soon as they hit the same enemy you do it cuts exp drastically especially if you're in a party.

afk people using pets don't take up any room what so ever there always along the edge of the map and pets only pull singles most the time.
Grind spots are going to be tight cluster areas or easy to pull boss not the edges.

either remove xp and drops from mobs killed by pets.... in some fashion... or make it so that pets ONLY start attacking things that YOU actually hit first.

Going to play stubborn here. what happens when your in a group solo,raid,etc and a pet last hits a mob,boss,raid etc and you just ruined all exp and drops for everyone?

pets only attack what I attack cool, give me 45 secs to set up my mouse or key bored to rotate between tab and auto attack once every 60 secs to pull for my pet to kill while i sleep.

I'm going to play devils advocate for my own solution for auto kick as well,let me again set up my whatever mechanical side(non banable non detectable etc do hicky) to send a fake pm to someone or into my family or whatever every 5 mins to stay logged in and "active"

Lets not fight a pointless fight you pick and choose what to fight and what needs changed, a couple people using there pets in a corner doesn't affect much if at all compared to bots/hacks/any other REAL problem.

The fight against "boting" is not winnable there is not a single mmorpg you can't bot in, and any form of mechanical botting is the perfect example of this unwinnable fight.

I could flat out program a lego mindstorm set to press keys on my keyboards with a timer if I really wanted to hell.

MIRG
April 13th, 2016, 01:24 AM
IGN: Benediction and Worthless? you really did post this huh. Crying out loud because you could not join the party.. Crabssssss.......... hahahaha. Go to your mother and cry. :D

KappaPaladin
April 13th, 2016, 06:35 AM
I actually saw this HakunaMatata in Blue channel botting with a macro program at Kairess in Moon Blind Forest, the character was spamming heals on herself for hours straight non-stop even when there was no mobs around.

I guess the real bots are coming back (although this is a relatively simple one, no auto kill/pot and going to sell items at NPC like the gold farmers)..

Urthemiel
April 13th, 2016, 07:05 AM
Just as i stated before, they only created more headache for themselves by removing the legit bot.
And this is only the beginning of that headache.

DarkDragonM4ster
April 13th, 2016, 07:37 AM
it don't matter if players that are afk petting are barely in the way or thay barely get any benefit from it
it is still a form of botting an yes ppl can program a macro keyboard to bot as well, botting is botting no matter how benign it may seem
it is still annoying an discouraging to other players!!!!
all forms of botting if caught an reported an found to be that the account was botting it should be an actionable offence an the account gets banned for a period of time and with each repeat offence the ban time is longer till perma ban/account deletion

yes other mmos have bot issues so did all the other lunas but when a bot was found an reported it was banned
this is the most viable way to deal with any form of botting

an you may ask what about programmed keyboards or devices to auto press keys.... well....
like mentioned above botting like that you will eventually see a chr that is spam pot/healing/skill for a unreasonable amount an their not attacking any thing and that is a dead give away of a bot an should be banned

an as for players that tab attack an grind that way you may ask well.... since i am one of these type of players to test if its a bot is simple try to talk to them if there a player like me an not a bot you should get some kind of response back
an any gm or admin of any mmo can an probably will check the game an accounts chat logs to see if there was a response
so to see if its a false bot report or not
[this is known as my wife was a gm an bug tester for another mmo (NDA forbids listing the games name an her gm name)]

SeriousBusiness
April 13th, 2016, 07:48 AM
"Boss don't drop anything anymore no one does this, i have yet to see a single person pet any boss, most pet monster 1-5 levels lower then move on.."

apparently you didnt watch my video ashley.

they've been there for like 24 hours. can go check now on red. prob still there. same 4-5 peeps.

once i read that i didnt read any more of your babble... as it probably doesn't make sense.

the problem is, is that this is a real thing. and it needs to be looked at. if all it takes, is a few days of playing, to get a high lvl pet, and then afk with strike first pet your way to items, gold, and xp... it is no different that setting up the legit bot program they removed and doing the same thing and CAN and WILL be used by farmers.

im cool with the legit bot they had, and im cool with it removed if they so choose. i am not cool, with basically the same thing happening with it removed via pets. wouldnt take more than a few days to get the gold to buy a 4-5 star pet in OBT/launch and legit farm anything up to level 50 probably, and if its not addressed, it will be looked at as perfectly fine to do when it isnt.

KappaPaladin
April 13th, 2016, 07:49 AM
Just as i stated before, they only created more headache for themselves by removing the legit bot.
And this is only the beginning of that headache.

It's pretty saddening, you're either gonna get screwed by gold farmers destroying the in-game economy or have a mass botting game that heavily reduces interaction between players which is the point of a mmorpg.

Personally I would rather have the in-game economy destroyed than play a dead game that everyone is botting and no good old mmorpg party times for manual grinding, raids and boss fights etc where people are enjoying the game together.

And then there's the normal players who start hacking and botting.

It doesn't look like there's a real solution to this is there?

If they made it such that gold and item drops are not so relevant, and all costumes/mounts/pets/map transfer scrolls/auto hp mp pot are from cash shop only.
Do you think it will work?

If a game is too P2W (Philosopher's stones / enchant protection etc) it will eventually die, but if the cash shop is aimed at improving quality of life (whether it's aesthetics or playing the game) I think it might be sustainable revenue for subagames without killing the game?

AshleyMD
April 13th, 2016, 08:12 AM
The funny apart about banning people, you can't ban someone for using a tangible object like keyboards and mice, or better yet LEGO's since there is nothing happening outside of activation of inputs. You could in theory argue to ban them from using a computer at that part...

any one who is smartly doing this will most likely be alt tabbed or within the area, and since Luna has a large amount of players who don't speak English they will not reply to it, if someone talks to me in an alternative language I generally do not reply unless given a good reason to or happen to speak that language.

Most macros or mechanical timers like Lego mind storm set ups can be set not to activate unless the key input is active like visual que fro mindstorm camera of a tabed target, or successful skill input since if you cant hit something it cant be used.

The soul objective behind the anti bot movement in mmo's is largely do to gold bots and the effect they have, most common player bots go bothered for ages if ever and hardly effect anything on a large scale.

This case with using a pet however doesn't fall into any of the bot categories what so ever, its fully in game system and with said system and the way Luna monsters respawns and pets are set up isn't fixable without a massive overhaul to both of them.

The problem here is nothing is impossible and if man desires to find a way then by hell or high water we will, while I was behind the removal of auto hunt and the mass of player bots, you can not use one choice across the vocal majority to cause witch hunts for every single thing relatively close to comparison.

XMonogatari
April 13th, 2016, 09:04 AM
Afk kick? what about fishers and shops in Alker? And don't tell me 'But there's an auction house! let's do that!' Does anyone even use that? I couldn't get it to work.

SeriousBusiness
April 13th, 2016, 09:06 AM
This case with using a pet however doesn't fall into any of the bot categories what so ever, its fully in game system and with said system and the way Luna monsters respawns and pets are set up isn't fixable without a massive overhaul to both of them.

tell me what is so hard from removing a checkbox next to first strike, and making pets only attacked defensively or when you attack something? if they can remove a whole tab of auto hunt on a whim... a checkbox would literrally be a sneeze.

it would literally take seconds to do this and then there would be no pet botting while watching anime. case closed.

and the even cooler side effect of this... is now you dont get attacked by 3 pets while waiting to get invited by opposite factions to farm stuff with people.

JayceSpace
April 13th, 2016, 09:53 AM
Pet botting is still not viable. It's not the same, they can't do the same output as a human under any circumstances. It's a time sink and won't get you a profit, at least in closed beta. My level 3 dies if more than 3 enemies are agroed on them. I die after since my pet brought them in. Pets that can do aoe are not efficient enough with cool downs and will die. But we say again, killing one enemy a minute will not break the game, or the economy. I've seen a full party in the area of question grinding out that boss for hours, I've done it. How is that different than the pet slowly poking at it for a few hours? As for getting rid of first strike, what about if you have to go afk in a dangerous area, would you leave your party hanging? Or how about when solo grinding for a bit of back up if you're also a single target? It was there in old Luna, it was there in Luna plus. It's the most harmless form of 'botting' there really is. And as for the pets attacking on the pk zone, just kill them yourself. Problem solved. Same as if you don't want them grinding a spot.

KappaPaladin
April 13th, 2016, 12:17 PM
Afk kick? what about fishers and shops in Alker? And don't tell me 'But there's an auction house! let's do that!' Does anyone even use that? I couldn't get it to work.

I always thought that the player booth is a really stupid feature. It encourages dual clients because people can't play the game while trying to sell items.

They should let people setup booths without having to stay there and rendered unable to play the game.
Like they could sell a 7 day stand alone booth in cash shop that stays there 24/7 while you're offline or elsewhere in other maps questing.

AshleyMD
April 13th, 2016, 08:30 PM
I always thought that the player booth is a really stupid feature. It encourages dual clients because people can't play the game while trying to sell items.

They should let people setup booths without having to stay there and rendered unable to play the game.
Like they could sell a 7 day stand alone booth in cash shop that stays there 24/7 while you're offline or elsewhere in other maps questing.

I would hate to see that, the harbor would be flooded with them and lagy and congested.

tell me what is so hard from removing a checkbox next to first strike, and making pets only attacked defensively or when you attack something? if they can remove a whole tab of auto hunt on a whim... a checkbox would literrally be a sneeze.

it would literally take seconds to do this and then there would be no pet botting while watching anime. case closed.

and the even cooler side effect of this... is now you dont get attacked by 3 pets while waiting to get invited by opposite factions to farm stuff with people.

cause it would be no effort at all for anyone wanting to bot to make there key bored or mouse tab, auto attack every 60 secs to pull a monster for the pet to kill. And still not break any rules since you cant ban someone for using a mouse or key bored no more then you can ban someone from living...

KappaPaladin
April 13th, 2016, 08:59 PM
I would hate to see that, the harbor would be flooded with them and lagy and congested.

Maybe an individual marketplace map inside alker like the farm maps?

SeriousBusiness
April 13th, 2016, 10:21 PM
cause it would be no effort at all for anyone wanting to bot to make there key bored or mouse tab, auto attack every 60 secs to pull a monster for the pet to kill. And still not break any rules since you cant ban someone for using a mouse or key bored no more then you can ban someone from living...

you dont think before you speak apparently.

that would be a pretty obvious tell and dead give away to botting. much like the continueous healing of one self with the autohunt. your obviously forgetting the fact that they are standing still, in one spot, for in this case, days.

i report dude pet botting>gm shows up at character in question>dude attacks once every minute>pet kills>gm takes action.

i thought engineers were supposed to be smart?

AshleyMD
April 13th, 2016, 11:14 PM
you dont think before you speak apparently.

that would be a pretty obvious tell and dead give away to botting. much like the continuous healing of one self with the auto-hunt. your obviously forgetting the fact that they are standing still, in one spot, for in this case, days.

i report dude pet botting>gm shows up at character in question>dude attacks once every minute>pet kills>gm takes action.

i thought engineers were supposed to be smart?

under CoC you can not take action on someone not doing anything wrong, owning a keyboard or mouse without using any 3rd party programs is not breaking any rules, hell there are console controllers that can macro buttons, and again with the point of LEGO's you have a tangible object pressing the key and you cant tell some to put the LEGO's down or suffer a ban.....

Let's not start insulting people when you run out of defending points please, keep it civil ;-)

Also I watch my screen if I'm in game like many other player if a GM showed up I would say hi and talk to him about being falsely accused and have a laugh about it cause the difference in rather or not my input is being pushed by me or not would be pure here say.

zzzzZzzzzz

XRakuj
April 13th, 2016, 11:16 PM
Well one person afk and pets killing is whatever, but a whole party afk and hording a boss for the whole day is a little to far. Honestly its something i dont like and doesnt give someone a chance a it.

Kohpii
April 14th, 2016, 12:03 AM
Well one person afk and pets killing is whatever, but a whole party afk and hording a boss for the whole day is a little to far. Honestly its something i dont like and doesnt give someone a chance a it.

I've seen people in a party afk at Zakandia dungeon while their pet kills mobs. Is that still considered legal botting?

AshleyMD
April 14th, 2016, 12:20 AM
I've seen people in a party afk at Zakandia dungeon while their pet kills mobs. Is that still considered legal botting?

The problem with this is that it isn't botting, since there is nothing being done. It's just a pet killing stuff. It's when if per say pets lose first strike option that then it will turn into a form of "fake" botting using something like a simple macro or even recuring auto attack to trigger the pet that it moves into botting territor.

People using pets in this manor has been a thing since they came out and never caused any problems or anything it wasn't even concern compared to real bots and hacks.

The reason this has thread has progressed has been from a player chosen which hunter for the topic after defending auto hunt to no success and being declined party invitation from there peers.

in worst case if you want to fight a boss or something thats being held by a whole party of players or pets, get a map scroll and gather a large amount of monsters and train them, however be warned this can be taken as hostility and griefing.

On old luna this would turn into a PK battle or something fun between pvp but those days are looking bleak.

SeriousBusiness
April 14th, 2016, 01:25 PM
The problem with this is that it isn't botting, since there is nothing being done. It's just a pet killing stuff. It's when if per say pets lose first strike option that then it will turn into a form of "fake" botting using something like a simple macro or even recuring auto attack to trigger the pet that it moves into botting territor.

People using pets in this manor has been a thing since they came out and never caused any problems or anything it wasn't even concern compared to real bots and hacks.

The reason this has thread has progressed has been from a player chosen which hunter for the topic after defending auto hunt to no success and being declined party invitation from there peers.

in worst case if you want to fight a boss or something thats being held by a whole party of players or pets, get a map scroll and gather a large amount of monsters and train them, however be warned this can be taken as hostility and griefing.

On old luna this would turn into a PK battle or something fun between pvp but those days are looking bleak.

i don.... i jus....

i give up. your beyond saving...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCU36pkH7c <

and fyi, i get into parties just fine.

Darkling88
April 14th, 2016, 02:15 PM
This topic is pointless. Please close this thread..
If you don't like something, go to the suggestion forum and suggest how it could benefit and fix the problem. If they like it they will change it, if they don't like it..... well suck it up princess. Rampaging about it is pointless.

MIRG
April 17th, 2016, 06:43 PM
There is a lot of anti-social people playing and don't want to be disturb. This Ahole made this thread out of bitterness. Sorry, the party was full that time and you could not join LOL.. By the way you can not say that person is afk when you could talk to him/her. Cry more Benediction. see you at OBT and I will make you cry more ¤_¤

MIRG
April 17th, 2016, 06:47 PM
There is a lot of anti-social people playing and don't want to be disturb. This Ahole made this thread out of bitterness. Sorry, the party was full that time and you could not join LOL.. By the way you can not say that person is afk when you could talk to him/her. Cry more Benediction. see you at OBT and I will make you cry more ?_?

ShoRRaWS
April 18th, 2016, 11:58 PM
this is system pet. old luna can do this to, with only attrat circle lv 1, physical pet, and use aoe skill.
pet is our partner, just deal with it.

Domq
April 19th, 2016, 12:52 PM
this is system pet. old luna can do this to, with only attrat circle lv 1, physical pet, and use aoe skill.
pet is our partner, just deal with it.

That's different. In the old Luna you had to use your pet skills manually, which means you couldn't really AFK grind with it. Right now you can set it to automatically attack, so you can just sit someplace safe and let your pet do all the job while you, I don't know, watch a movie or something.

SeriousBusiness
April 19th, 2016, 02:31 PM
That's different. In the old Luna you had to use your pet skills manually, which means you couldn't really AFK grind with it. Right now you can set it to automatically attack, so you can just sit someplace safe and let your pet do all the job while you, I don't know, watch a movie or something.

someone who gets it. at last.

XMonogatari
April 19th, 2016, 02:59 PM
It's not really much different since even if we reverted to the old pet system ppl can still set up macros to use the pet skills.... e.e people will always find loopholes, remember that.

KaizerD
April 19th, 2016, 03:20 PM
It's not really much different since even if we reverted to the old pet system ppl can still set up macros to use the pet skills.... e.e people will always find loopholes, remember that.

It would deter most avid players from doing it since it wouldn't be provided to them with no effort--not that i'm saying i want the old pet system back, but it's going to take a while to get used to this new one considering certain pets will be more valuable because of different skills than others. Maybe if we could get skills some other way like pet equipment coming back and having skills on them. That way they could make it rare drops from things.. But I digress, the point is yes i agree lots of people will do it anyway but if we can take out the first strike function I don't think it would make a difference to the more serious players and at the same time reduce people who afk with their pets. Because you know as soon as they give a boss a rare drop people are going to be all over grinding that and afk'rs are going to be terrible if they don't have to jump through any hoops to do it.

XMonogatari
April 19th, 2016, 03:46 PM
Personaly I found the old pet system more attractive because we could have attract circle or heal on the pet and it allowed for some solo play aswell whenever you couldn't get a party + you could put costumes on your pet, that was my most favorite thing about it but I'm fine with the current pet system too. Btw I do remember the old system having an aggressive mode too where ur pet attacks anything in sight first so I doubt they'll change that x.x I just wonder why they had to change it so much and keep the customization of pets to a minimum....

KaizerD
April 19th, 2016, 03:58 PM
Yeah...skills, armor, costumes..now it's just pre-packaged pets :\

Paliden
April 24th, 2016, 03:58 PM
Or jerk off? XD

SammyTheSammich
April 24th, 2016, 10:13 PM
I just started OBT and there's a level 19 char afk in the slime area of the Gate of Alker afk with his pet killing slimes and Busts that get close. That's kind of stupid. A Level 19. In the newbie area. Afk with his pet killing level 1 slimes and Busts... why? It doesn't make any sense. .-.

KaizerD
April 24th, 2016, 11:40 PM
People are dumb with their afk pets, Rin. IDFK why it is just so inconsiderate when they do it e.e

Paliden
April 25th, 2016, 12:11 AM
I just started OBT and there's a level 19 char afk in the slime area of the Gate of Alker afk with his pet killing slimes and Busts that get close. That's kind of stupid. A Level 19. In the newbie area. Afk with his pet killing level 1 slimes and Busts... why? It doesn't make any sense. .-.
Is it a Nimmomary? O_o

KaizerD
April 25th, 2016, 12:13 AM
Is it a Nimmomary? O_o

*They said with a guilty conscience* lmao

LastDonut
April 25th, 2016, 12:33 AM
I don't support this either but...theres no work around it unless they pretty much make pet useless that or make the pet go afk if you go afk too long lol

CoffeeBeforeTalkie
April 25th, 2016, 01:44 AM
It's not really that bad for me.

Pets kill slow anyways and like others mentioned, they only kill one at a time. I don't think you'd level as fast with an afk pet rather than just play the game.

Paliden
April 25th, 2016, 03:23 AM
*They said with a guilty conscience* lmao
Guilty?
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/970/007/c0c.gif

Finalhecate
April 28th, 2016, 03:24 PM
Meh I do it, It's to boring to play, Don't think private server has it so I do it here ^,^. it's perfect set up for playing other games, currently afk pet at lvl 20 and I'm only lvl 31, while playing dirty bomb or looking into update for a wipe on albion online. Enjoy the game XD

ChronicOffender
April 28th, 2016, 07:55 PM
i think the guy posted this is just mad, because no one wants to invite him to party while grinding with the pets.. wahahaha.. i feel you bro i feel you whahahahaha..

Finalhecate
April 28th, 2016, 08:22 PM
i think the guy posted this is just mad, because no one wants to invite him to party while grinding with the pets.. wahahaha.. i feel you bro i feel you whahahahaha..

I seen that, 5 people with pets afk grinding ^.^

Krechar
May 31st, 2016, 01:03 PM
People are saying that this isn't a problem, and honestly if it wasn't people wouldn't be addressing it.

Krechar
May 31st, 2016, 01:09 PM
This topic is pointless. Please close this thread..
If you don't like something, go to the suggestion forum and suggest how it could benefit and fix the problem. If they like it they will change it, if they don't like it..... well suck it up princess. Rampaging about it is pointless.

this is part of the game and people want to discuss it. if you don't want to read about it or be in the thread, by all means leave.

I personally am having a good read.

Krechar
May 31st, 2016, 01:11 PM

this is what I remember about pets.

KaizerD
June 2nd, 2016, 11:23 AM
I used to love my pet in the old version haha could give it skills and gear and it was just fun p:

FoxyLynn
June 2nd, 2016, 02:14 PM
I used to love my pet in the old version haha could give it skills and gear and it was just fun p:

Now they are nothing but boring ways to bot without actually botting..... I miss so many things about original Luna.

BTW Ashley is the WORST kind of Devil's advocate. The kind that you just wanna chuck into a drowning tank.

KaizerD
June 2nd, 2016, 03:58 PM
Now now days it's like, oh you have that pet?....huh okay *pet party*

=-=;; *facepalm*

IvanaDragmj84GH
June 10th, 2016, 01:22 PM
I think the best course of action would be to make afk pet fighting against the rules just like normal botting. that way we get to keep our pets for those of us who use them as allies and that way leveling up and getting loot is equal to the amount of time and work a player puts into the game. because you joined this game to play it, so actually play the game!

KaizerD
June 10th, 2016, 01:36 PM
in ToS there is a function where you can right click on someone to "Report Bot" and then it just sends into the gm's to kind of highlight the account to watch for and shows how many people have reported them. something like that could be nice when reporting pet botters/botters since the autonote was such a failure and this would just let the team see people to check into

JayceSpace
June 11th, 2016, 09:49 AM
in ToS there is a function where you can right click on someone to "Report Bot" and then it just sends into the gm's to kind of highlight the account to watch for and shows how many people have reported them. something like that could be nice when reporting pet botters/botters since the autonote was such a failure and this would just let the team see people to check into

I actually really like this idea. Luke it gives players some power and initiative but it's ultimately the GM's call. My vote is for this.

Wjiang9662e0Y3S
June 11th, 2016, 11:19 AM
The funny apart about banning people, you can't ban someone for using a tangible object like keyboards and mice, or better yet LEGO's since there is nothing happening outside of activation of inputs. You could in theory argue to ban them from using a computer at that part...

any one who is smartly doing this will most likely be alt tabbed or within the area, and since Luna has a large amount of players who don't speak English they will not reply to it, if someone talks to me in an alternative language I generally do not reply unless given a good reason to or happen to speak that language.

Most macros or mechanical timers like Lego mind storm set ups can be set not to activate unless the key input is active like visual que fro mindstorm camera of a tabed target, or successful skill input since if you cant hit something it cant be used.

The soul objective behind the anti bot movement in mmo's is largely do to gold bots and the effect they have, most common player bots go bothered for ages if ever and hardly effect anything on a large scale.

The problem here is nothing is impossible and if man desires to find a way then by hell or high water we will, while I was behind the removal of auto hunt and the mass of player bots, you can not use one choice across the vocal majority to cause witch hunts for every single thing relatively close to comparison.

Actually in about 99% of mmo these days, macro, keyboard, mice are all considered using third party program. Any kind of botting would be considered a bannable offense.

Wjiang9662e0Y3S
June 11th, 2016, 05:06 PM
Speaking of which is afk pet botting a bannable offense here? Would gladly report half the population botting in moon blind forest lawl :D

IvanaDragmj84GH
June 11th, 2016, 05:29 PM
Speaking of which is afk pet botting a bannable offense here? Would gladly report half the population botting in moon blind forest lawl :D

I am so with you on this, and they placed the moon blind forest off the pvp list so I can't kill the people see afk pet botting.

CrazyMinMi
June 11th, 2016, 07:26 PM
Pet bottling is no offense here but by all means lol drop mobs on them and poof out that's what I do

Wjiang9662e0Y3S
June 12th, 2016, 12:44 AM
i actually saw a pet party near the bear boss in moon blind forest and unfortunately the mobs aggro isn't long enough to reach them lol