PDA

View Full Version : State of Player Versus Player

AshleyMD
April 12th, 2016, 04:02 AM
Player versus player, Camps and why they suck

Camps and cramps
I simply hate Camps, but be for I go out of my way here is why.

1. The split the player base between a mundane red or blue with no lore or anything behind it what-so-ever.

2. The cause huge rifts in red versus blue player per faction balance and no one has time to put everyone on a scale and keep this fixed. It will end badly for whoever has the least.

3. They really really suck for player interaction and guilds, add the whole 9 yards while we are at this its just huge communicant problem starter and balance starter compared to old Luna PK system.

PVP,PK,PKK, and everything else!

So far its all gone, no party war no open pk no nadda. just faction(see camps and cramps) and Guild(plus future guild stuff)

But wait! that is not a very good augmentative paragraph!
Wait till you see the simple change and solution!

Remove camps, bring back all the old Luna pvp and PK options. Now stop! disable open PK on x of the y channels. Now stop double time! disable Guild wars/alliance wars on those same channels!

Now keep party war open on all cause its a by request party duel only and doesn't effect anyone.

Magically everyone can play and talk together like the old days and sing alone. There is no faction balance problems or great divide.

There is no open PK for the PVE people in there channels there is no Guild pvp harassment in those same channels it can be set up to have 4 channels across all maps or more in any configuration without any problems.

Pvpers have a home pve-ers have a home, PK-ers have a home and all is well :p

Oh god I typoed the header! It's state of*

AshleyMD
April 15th, 2016, 05:30 AM
So little votes a and no post, PVP was a center focus of Luna with a very nice PK system with item loot for PKKer's and fun open world Guild battles and party battles, I would have though the with factions removing all of that and causing splits and problems more people would be interested in the pvp system.... :'(

Aerondo
April 15th, 2016, 07:46 AM
If the game got a lore behind the camp system and more system to make camp even specific. I will personally agree with camp.
But if in current state where you dont have a camp war event or camp friendly feature. I dont think camp is a good thing for this game.

What I like of Luna's pvp is only when the weekly GT and CS. Because the normal war does not even make you cooperate with your team. Every thing is 1 hit. BUT. In this reborn luna. Killing 1 player on normal pvp is already a chore. Not mentioning how high heal and potion condition is. And their cd is also absurd. Pot is cheap. No weight system. And ev 1 could bring thousands of a seconds cd potion. That is not pvp friendly IMO.

Xkiraster
April 15th, 2016, 09:35 AM
The gm's are already making the first 2 channels accessible for both red and blue with no pk in there... and 3rd one for pk in OBT

Anthemica
April 15th, 2016, 10:13 AM
I don't care what happens here as long as there is PvP. Old Luna's PvP was lacking because barely anyone wanted to guild war. I probably only participated in 2. The only good PvPing back then was when someone would PK people in Red Orc Outpost. I never knew how much I loved PvP until I killed a PKer for the first time. It was fun, and gave a bit of a rush.

Domq
April 18th, 2016, 12:19 AM
+1

I preffer how PvP worked in the old Luna. This game's current state makes it harder to socialize as the population is severely split from what I've seen. And as you said, there is currently no way to stop the camps from being unbalanced, this is a problem that has to be addressed.

Maybe let us choose whether we want to fight or not. Kind of like how it works in Blade and Soul, where you equip a faction costume, and if the enemy is using the enemy faction's costume they can PvP freely (I'd rather it be a toggeable option). This would allow interesting non-guild wars without forcing others into either fighting or leaving. Letting us switch camps would be nice as well (with a time limit or price).

AshleyMD
April 18th, 2016, 12:46 AM
A toggle-able switch would work great to, in theory you could remove pvp channels and let people just play to play, and allow a faction pvp toggle for people to fight wherever when they want how they want.

Domq
April 18th, 2016, 01:03 AM
Right? That could solve some problems, but I'm not sure how hard it would be to implement...

Should I try putting that on the suggestions sub-forum?

AshleyMD
April 18th, 2016, 01:07 AM
I have it in my suggestions post but more ideas and more against it the better. greater chance it gets changed.

BradwardenOj8r3
April 18th, 2016, 01:39 AM
Remove the camps! :)

Lolicon95
April 25th, 2016, 01:39 PM
I couldn't agree more, this camp system has made hunting, grinding, and questing a pain in the neck. I mean, 1 minute ago I was hunting Leopards in Draconian Ruins for a quest while suddenly a stupid Majin came and attacked me when I have about 25% health left. That is simply RIDICULOUS! yea we were about the same level but with the HP gap, I couldn't even call that a fight. It was a murder.

Oh yeah, a friend of mine who were a closed beta-tester quitted playing this due to the annoying PKers.

Please, remove this camp system, or at the very least, give us an option to fight opposing players or decline instead of letting PKers roam freely and killing petty adventurers like me

YumYumii
April 25th, 2016, 02:28 PM
LoL Im in the BLUE camp and atm RED camp has MORE players then BLUE and in my opinion its realy not fair. The Guild Wars back then where better, more org. you had a day, time and place, everyone respected the rules of the war.

Sure they all say "Then don't go to PK channel" Sorry to tell you this but if you havent notice guys the channels are FULL since OBT is still FRESH, it gets very hard to find a pt that has SPACE to GRIND and actualy LVL. In PK channel there are NO RULES, ANY LVL CAN GET PKED doesn't matter the LVL GAP, some a**h***s dont RESPECT, People get hated on for PK, the RACISM IS REAL (Red vs Blue) GUILDS recruit people from their OWN CAMP and soon everyone will MOVE to the RED CAMP and then WHO WILL YOU PK? The AIR? I don't think so honey.
People have been quiting already because of this PK Camp thing. I want the OLD Luna PVP System.

Suggestions:

1)Bring back Guild War.

2)Put a PVP system like in Iris Online. Let me explain this one...There was a PVP Option. When ever PVP matches got announced you could either click yes to go in or no to stay out. If you where to click yes you had to wait 50 seconds or less to enter the PVP map, once the countdown was done you where in a random team with random people and on the other side was the same(All randoms) There where no plans, you just went with it and collected points by killing the enemy. The team with the most points won the match.

3)Take the PK channel and the CAMPs and shove them up Trumps ASS. Erase it.. Let it explode , make it into nothing, evaporate it, feed it to idk who.. but feed it to something. POINT IS that they cannot exist.

If you can't do #2 Then atleast do #1 and #3 :/
I really wish for this Luna to stay around lively for YEARS and YEARS <3 I loved luna since I was 13 and still do, so if Im saying this its because I WANT LUNA TO GET BETTER NOT WORSE! >:c *takes the marshmellow bat out* *rage*

PS: Sorry for my really bad english and some bad words LOL

XMonogatari
April 25th, 2016, 06:47 PM
PvP is a major part of any MMO and the camps are only half of it there's guild wars, Castle Siege, Guild tournaments. Game wouldn't be fun without PvP and they already gave you carebears 2 PK-free channels so can we move on now? :)

Kamuisama
April 25th, 2016, 08:07 PM
I couldn't agree more, this camp system has made hunting, grinding, and questing a pain in the neck. I mean, 1 minute ago I was hunting Leopards in Draconian Ruins for a quest while suddenly a stupid Majin came and attacked me when I have about 25% health left. That is simply RIDICULOUS! yea we were about the same level but with the HP gap, I couldn't even call that a fight. It was a murder.

Oh yeah, a friend of mine who were a closed beta-tester quitted playing this due to the annoying PKers.

Please, remove this camp system, or at the very least, give us an option to fight opposing players or decline instead of letting PKers roam freely and killing petty adventurers like me

I know that feel too xD but now you can move to channel 2 or 3 which is free from PK system and open to both faction though.

YumYumii
April 26th, 2016, 02:52 AM
LoL I'm telling you ppl will start moving to the one that seems the strongest, leaving the other camp empty. It is fun to PvP I agree but I still do not agree with the camp thing :/ I wanted to join a friend in his guild but turns out I can't join because im on the "enemy" camp. It's unfair and what is even worse we cannot accompany echother in war because of DIF.CAMPS :/