PDA

View Full Version : Flaws with current state of Luna Online/Luna Plus

Konaiko
April 15th, 2016, 03:11 AM
Hello everyone.

As most of the veteran players know, and we cannot deny it, Luna Online died because of a mayor Update which had a lot of amazing new features for the game... But also a lot of bad... BAD features, and it needs to be noted by GMs and Game Developers if they don't want to make the same mistake...

This update was known as Luna Plus, and since then, it all started to go down.

I really disliked the change of the original Music, which not only was unnecessary but it also was a really bad choice of tunes.

I also dislike the current Skill tree that makes us decide between which skills we want... sometimes it is a pain in the butt for new players who don't know which skills are great and which are useless leaving them with poor choices, while in the Old Luna you only had to choose between the Class you wanted and everything was fine... You got every skill you wanted only with Gold and that was perfect and simple IMO. It also decreases the originality since most of the people uses guides for this and that leaves us all using the same Builds and Skills time after time. It needs to be revamped, even the new changes that Reborn made are not enough.

On the other hand, pets and mounts were a really good addition to the game, even when they are kinda poor... No leveling system for pets, no customization, not even an upgrade system...

Also, I would not mind if the starter Level cap is low and the SubaGames team decides to work with everything like it is just new and fresh, since updating from a low level to absurd caps like level 200 was not a smart decision at all.

The game needs a lot of changes, like the Experience table... It is soooo low at early levels and that scares new players... Leveling up was really smooth and easy back in Luna Online (the original) but after Plus it became a chore, and that's never good since it removes the FUN factor from the players and grows them bored of the game.

More character customization options are not needed at all but would be much appreciated, even if that requires Cash Shop transactions, since one of the easiest ways of attracting people to the cash shop in an MMO is by the personal customization services.

Party matching needs to be optimized... Make it so that only registered parties appear on it, since most of the time you just click one party and it's either an AFK/Pet party or you just get denied by the leader... why to bother then?

Alker needs to take out those mount things (the roller coaster, the slime cake, etc), they are pretty much useless, they occupy too much space and they cause lag. They need to get out or moved to a different area... Why not a whole new Park theme map to socialize? I think everyone would like the idea.

Either mobs need to be nerfed or gear needs to be buffed... It is ridiculous the amount of time you waste just to kill 1 single mob right now... Bosses are even worse... and they actually cause a high amount of damage while taking none from the players... it is becoming a serious Potion-burning battle system. Even Tank-based classes suffer from this.

I know this is asking a lot, but I think these are a few of much more things that are NEEDED in order to deliver a perfect Luna like it was at the beginning, since evolving is not a bad thing, but sometimes it can go really wrong like Plus showed us.

I'm open to hear all of your ideas or personal opinions even if you don't agree with mines. That's something we need for this to work and it is called Discussion.

Have a nice day everyone!

AshleyMD
April 15th, 2016, 05:37 AM
I've coverd a lot of the concerns from in game players i've talked to and myself in these threads here:

https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=87160 - general announcement and patch post concerns

https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=87063 -My state of the game post covering variety of gameplay

https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=87511 - PvP concerns

Not going to go over them again here but they are some topics that need to be covered and addressed. I wish more players visited the forums to give there standpoint and be vocal to be Luna online good again.

Aerondo
April 15th, 2016, 07:36 AM
1. To be honest. I already forgotten the first original music of Luna Online. If most people think that was better. Then my vote is for you. I dont think changing the soundtrack is a big chores for either suba or eyasoft

2. Skill tree. Hrrmmm. Actually I prefer you could customize your own skillset and not everyone got the same skill. It makes everything unique in its own way, not only by their classes path. Just provide some reset scroll when player reach certain stage so they could customize their needs based on their exprience. So newer player wont be afraid of skillup when necessary.

3. I also really enjoy the pet and mount system. And couldnt agree more if there are more option to make pet more enjoyable.

4. Yes. If in this current state. The dev just give a maximum level cap of 150. I believe most player will quit. Either by the minor pvp or pve bug, or also the level gap between active player to those less active. And it would be hard for low level player to party.

4. I believe exp table and monster or player stats is currently being adjusted by GM. And I really hope it would be worth their effort. So player could find pve more enjoyable.

5. No comment for party matching and alker mount. I never even use these feature at all. And for a new playground, I doubt they will do it. I dont think the dev will change a lot of major change to the game. IMO they will only change how things is being calculated not adding new feature in the near future.

6. For me personally. The most important state that I really dislike is the casting ground lock. Where some skills are so hard to land if the enemy is walking away. Imagine war and all those player running like hell. No casting skill will ever land on anybody. I believe the late target skill lock is fine to me and most players.

There are still lots of things to be fixed by this game. And I believe the dev is working for the better. Thanks for bringing Luna back and cannot thank enough if this game could keep getting better.