PDA

View Full Version : Majorly Massive Majin Master Guide!

AshleyMD
April 15th, 2016, 09:29 AM
Welcome the MMMMG
With that mouth full out of the way.
I would like to introduce myself, I am currently 45 Majin player from CBT and original Majin player of around level 13x so I don't claim to be the best but I know a good share of the class and with the help of others I have tested a solid amount of it in are version.

This guide will be split into 2 sections a MELEE and a MAGIC

Overview
Majin are a hyrbid race that has the abilty to focus on support-debuff, physical, or magical damage. They only have one tree of job advancements; Apprentice>Combatant>Expert>Master>Abyss Lord>Tyrant. They use stances between 3 Buff's;Blessing of Beelze(melee), Blessing of Lubpia(mage), and Blessing of Parsaika(support). This first section will cover the Magical build with the Physical covered in later post.

Majorly Magical Majin Build Overview!

The magical build of Majins has 4 stats to mix and match as you level your have a few basic setups.

3 INT per level - the pure path
2 INT to 1 WIS per level - the well rounded path
2 WIS to 1 INT per level - the crit path
2 INT to 1 VIS per level- the Magical tank path

*Note I prefer the well rounded path!*

Depending on the path you will focus on 4 stats of gear.
Pure INT path will want as much INT/WIS gear as they can get. DEX can take the place of WIS on gear to an extent and will add mild survivability but lose dps. 2 INT to 1 WIS will be the same, however 2 WIS to 1 INT will want to focus as much on WIS as they can as it will be your bread and butter for crit chance and damage!

2 INT to 1 VIT path falls into and odd section as your want your main gear to focus on INT main- VIT secondary stats. However your accessories Hat, belt will need to have WIS and VIT or INT to balance out health to damage based on what you currently are lacking. If you are losing aggro INT if you are taking to strong of hits VIT if both of these are okay WIS.
*Note I prefer INT/WIS on all my gear!*

As a Magical Majin you start off taking Blessing of Lupia and Blessing of Parsaika and will be leveling 1-26 with engage and Dark lighting, here you have the option to level as a Melee user till at least 40 to make best use of the skill reset or to play Mage all the way. *see Melee post below*

Ideally you will level with a friend and only 1 point into dark lightning and battle heal till 26.
At 26 you will get your main CC spam able skill Tooth of tundra, followed by 1st aoe Plague hands at 28 and 1st main Nuke Blast hell at 30 and your second aoe Immolate at 32.

The passives you will be focusing on are Evil spirit, Armored bout, and demonic gift. Do not take Dual World(wield) The Pin point passive you will level as well but do note this does not need to be maxed unless your main skills are already max and you have spare SP.

With the starting skills out of the way you have the choice to level Blood Lust,Army of Chaos, and Evil Adviser group buffs. Blood Lust is a MUST HAVE for both melee or magic builds- it gives you MP regen and magical defense.

*Note- Healing circle can be taken at level one if you prefer more group play and supportive playstyle.*
*Note- I do not level dark lighting past level 6 if I take it.*
*Note- Nightmare is a sleep cc it can be taken for pvp but I do not take it myself.

This Basic start will be your bread and butter till level 100.

Now for Level 40+ at 40 you will be picking up Dead Eye. This is a strong nuke with relatively low cast time it has a chance at sleeping, this can be used in pvp to disengage someone and heal yourself.
You have the option of grabbing one point in disintegrate for the silence chance however I do not for SP conserving and the fact the proc chance is relatively low. At 75, you can now grab a point in destruction if you feel the need for a 3rd aoe, however the other two are plenty spamable and this is not needed.

As you can see after the start there isnt to much left you have your core ready. Around 120+ you can mix and match your choice of leveling PVP skills like the 2 stuns and group heal etc its up to you!.

To much reading make it simple
Okay fine fine, You will need Blessing of Lupia and Blessing of Parsaika you will max Tooth of Tundra,Blast Hell,Immolate,Plague hands,Dead Eye in this order, with one point Battle heal.The passives Evil spirit, Armored bout, and demonic gift should stay maxed. The buffs you will take are Blood Lust,Army of Chaos, and Evil Adviser being maxed in that order.
Option pvp skills are Dark Lightning,Lightning bane for stuns and 1 or more points designate for silence and 1 or more points nightmare for sleep. Extra SP put it where you want
Best balance build will be 2 Int to 1 WIS per level.

Major Melee Majin Build Overview!
*Note I myself play Magical Majin so this will be based of my experience*

The Physical build of Majins has 4 stats to mix and match as you level your have a few basic setups

3 STR per level - The pure path
2 STR to 1 DEX per level - the well wounded path
2 STR to 1 VIT per level - the dps off tank
3 DEX per level and 2 DEX to 1 STR per level - The DEX paths

*Note I prefer the well rounded path!*

For all paths BUT off tank the focus will with STR/DEX gear, WIS can take the place of dex when need be, If you feel you are to weak VIT gear can be used to add some Cushion. Now For the 2 STR to 1 VIT path you will want to focus on STR main stat and VIT off stat for your main gear, with STR DEX accessory/belt/hat as DPS will be key on holding aggro when you need to.This also goes without saying if you cant hold aggro get more STR/DEX if you are to weak get more VIT find the balance that works for you!
*Note I prefer STR/DEX on all my gear!*

As a Physicall Majin you start off taking Blessing of Beelze and Blessing of Parsaika, Engage and Double Impact will be your main single target dps skills. Opening with Double Impact for bleed and Engage as basic attack rotating to keep Bleed up at all times. The passives you will be getting are Armored Bout,Pin Point,and Duel World(Wield). Evil spirit can be picked up when you have spare SP as later it gives MP regen.

It is a must to get Blood Lust this will help with MP regen and give you much needed magical defense, Army of Chaos should be grabbed to but only level it when you have spare SP. I again take 1 point in Battle heal, most wisdom base gear will allow this to be great pocket heal without putting to many points in it. At level 22 you will get your second aoe Penetrate I use this over blade dancer as blade dancer takes up valuable SP and Penetrate is plenty spamable by itself. At 24 you will get Lighting bane this is a ranged skill with chance to stun I do not keep it maxed but it is worth having for pvp and pulling! At 44 you will get Cursed Nail this is a must for pvp and to max it! Following that at 48 is Genocide This skill has lower damage then some at its level but it is ranged and fairly spamable and must have for pvp later in game! And coming up last will be Termination and Moon Slasher. Termination is your next big aoe that you will use along with Penetrate, Moon slasher will be your big end game Nuke.

Take a breath after that haha
*Note Ebony dancer,soul divider can be taken however be careful of your SP sparing as both fall off and this guide is focus on saving SP as you level. I do not take these*
*later in game you can put more in to battle heal as you see fit I do not however*

Now that that is out of the way the run down! max these skills in this order! Double Impact,Engage,Penetrate,Blood Lust,Cursed Nail,genocide, Moon slasher,Termination.

Max these passives in this order! Duel World(wield),Armored bout,Evil Spirit.

When unlocked get 1 point in Battle heal,watch your sp and when you have spare*no skills coming up 5x level* Army of Chaos and Dark lightning.

*note anything else is up to you and at your risk!*

Majorly Mundane Majin Bonus!

This is a bonus section covering Support build- it is a very boring party heavy build for endgame and has very little offence so dull is a understatement, it is however a fairly decent support for any party

The focus of support will be 2 WIS to 1 VIT with WIS/VIT heavy gear, Blessing of Parsaika will be your bread and butter stance and you will max the skills Battle heal,Soul Charge,Healing Circle,Evil Adviser,Army of Chaos, Blood Lust. The passives Evil Spirit and Armored bout. Your main offense skills will be Weapon break, Armor Break, and Mind break they lower damage, physical defense, and magical defense respectively. Your attack skills will be Lighting Bane and Engage.

As you can see with only 2 attacks your time will be spent maintain debuffs and buffs on enemy's and teammates, along with off healing and mana management, this build is best suited for level 120 boss and raids or world boss fights.

It is optional in between debuffs and buffs to use Blessing of Lupia with Blast hell and Tooth of tundra or Immolate. for added dps. However SP cost will be hit or miss if be for level 120.

At 120 with the core maxed you can mix and match your choice of melee or magical stance attack skills, however the build will be in favor of Magical speccs

The handy dandy terms
DPS- damage per second
CC- crowd control - sleep,slow,root,etc
Stance - a skill that effects available skills to use
Buff - increase to player or mob
Debuff - Decrease to player or mob
Nuke - high DPS burst skill
AOE - area of effect skill
Speccs - a detailed build of one type

*Closing note some things are subject to change in game!*

I hope I got everything and its all correct and doesn't need changing :awsum:
If you have any question feel free to ask, I hope you enjoy this guide, remember this is a basic run down and player skill and gear effects a lot!

Feidlimid
April 17th, 2016, 12:19 PM
Guru of majin, I thank you for your wisdom. I am now prepared!

Louistjian82R77
April 20th, 2016, 02:18 PM
which one s better? melee or magic? any pros and cons?

AshleyMD
April 20th, 2016, 03:38 PM
Melee can have stronger aoe burst and fairly strong single burst late game, is usually easier to find melee gear and works better for solo leveling.

Magic has ranged nukes, more cc and buff options, plus spam able close range aoes, however usually harder to get gear,and longer cast times. Plus usually plays a little more squishier.

I prefer melee for solo leveling and magic for everything else.

KaizerD
April 20th, 2016, 10:31 PM
@~@ so much detail i have much to learn from you Ashley-Sensei~

Question posed to you in light of a conversation starter--Do you think Majins will ever see their own individualized classes? If so, what do you think they might be split into? I know obviously one could determine a magic and melee seperation but do you think the possibility is there to make a support majin as a viable option?

AshleyMD
April 21st, 2016, 01:58 PM
if they got there own split I would assume it would end in Royal guard and court wizard, with the mage path having support built into it.

Melee would most likely see Army of chaos buff while mage has the other's

I doubt they will however SP needs reworking in hind sight of Majins.

it would be more or less 1>2>2>2>3>2 with 3 having a heavy armor or something path for Melee.

Overall I doubt it will ever happen and if they add in a full support esquire build they will need more offensive skills to use other then debuffs. and would turn it into more of a 1>2>2>3>3>3 with a Grand witch doctor as a support healer in terms of lore friendly changes to the Majin lore.

I hope that answers that correctly ?

ZevparkerY3Syi7
April 23rd, 2016, 06:36 AM
What's the point of getting two blessings if you can't use them both at the same time?

JayceSpace
April 23rd, 2016, 01:35 PM
One is for buffs and debuffs and such so you won't really use them in battle and the other is your attack type.

AshleyMD
April 23rd, 2016, 03:18 PM
Blessings act as a stance would in most games, with the SP allocated and way the class is set up you grab 1 offensive blessing and the support blessing.

This way you can choose the support buffs for melee or magic to get the most out of your class. like melee uses army of chaos, while magic uses blood lust and evil adviser.

example be for fight switch to support stance cast buffs,switch back to dps stance kill whatever.

Louistjian82R77
April 24th, 2016, 05:08 PM
About melee section, only 1 point in pinpoint passive? Thx before

ZevparkerY3Syi7
April 24th, 2016, 08:42 PM
Will I have enough skill points to max all the offensive magic skills (both single target and aoe) if i also max all the buffs?

Marrant
April 24th, 2016, 09:13 PM
Will I have enough skill points to max all the offensive magic skills (both single target and aoe) if i also max all the buffs?

i think there will be not enough SP if you max up all attacking skills including all three buffs.

AshleyMD
April 25th, 2016, 02:40 AM
No you will not, most offensive magic isnt needed anyways since they do less dmg with more cast time and more mp.

Other then what I directly listed you shouldn't need to pick any one them up unless they are changed.

Noechi
April 26th, 2016, 12:58 PM
i like this... thx for ur guide sir :D

AshleyMD
April 26th, 2016, 04:44 PM
Pin point is leveled but leveled with spare SP, around 80+ish it should be fairly easy to keep what your main skills will be maxed out just follow the order and in between skill levels put a point into it.

Mage is usually more dependent on this as it helps make the loss and dps from cast times pass melee instant cast dps.

Stat PSA and update!

I have been doing more testing with rogue and the WIS and DEX Stats. Currently it is possible to focus on 2 STR to 1 WIS or 2 WIS to 1 STR with melee builds as WIS gives better end cap on crit and crit dmg then dex does, there is enough stats on gear to cover the loss in DEX for accuracy and evasion.

As far as mages go this does not effect them as much.

ISH4LLHEAL
April 27th, 2016, 12:12 PM
"Support build- it is a very boring party heavy build for endgame and has very little offence so dull is a understatement"
so you spit on the people who heal you? U_U fine level without tanker and healer then, "boring" classes! :MAD:

I've been playing full support majin, heal is nice debuffs too, main problem you'll find out is if you have to heal someone non-stop like a tanker for example. if you time your heal properly you can keep up a infinity regen on a single person, also majin is the only class to have an aoe regen skill before lvl 145? and is the only support class with an actuall regen single target regen spell. at lvl 41 I'm healing 3x 1800 (tics 1 time per second)
wich is pretty nice for a party, and by other hands they buffs offer other things, more dmg regen and mdef, people never run out of mp with me in the group. got lvl 41 yesterday so havent tested all the other places to hunt, like havent tried the dungeon yet, and getting launcher problem now so i cant enter the game! zzzzzzz

why 2/1 stats? with gears giving 15-50+ bonuses to a single stat, seems useless o_o
also forgot to mention exactly what the "god blessings" do. like for example hellbringer is hp%/def%/wis%, also forgot to mention 3 int = 2 heal power, 3 wis = 4 heal power. not as raw since im pretty sure as you have more it doubles the power, so basically wis is the main stat for a support, if you wish to heal more and have more mdef. you could go int/wis as a sup but your supportive power would be inferior to a full sup, and your mdef would be lower, mp and mana regen amount lower aswell. (my mp never get under 95% as full support)
you kind of just rushed a guide to say that there's somenthing in this section :I , sadly not as good as the guide tittle.

I'd like to see the table between majin sup and an actual priest support, have to ask around later how much a priest heal with fast heal. well pretty sure they heal atleast a little more, but in terms of single target healing non stop they're way better. and I'd say elf sided support is a hibrid between normal healer and majin healer. but I was bored and decided to try majin so lol

AshleyMD
April 27th, 2016, 07:30 PM
@ISH4LLHEAL

A lot of salt but that is okay ;-)

Majin have strong support utilities as far as defense and regen, but mage healers offer stronger full utility buffs and heals, they also have a stronger dps presence for a majority of the levels.

The reasoning behind 2/1 is cause end game raids and content have very strong support aggro fights that require a strong VIT base line to make up for lack of VIT on gear since not everyone can and will min max these stats.

The lack of % information was left blank for future changes and over complications as most players will be in the stance for there play style, with the stance bonus being just that a bonus for there play style, since we cant use skills from other stances.

Overall with cooldowns and timers Majin is a much slower paced support since you have to rotate the 2 healing skills with little to know offensive skills and with magic being the more inline you have to take into account cast times.

Currently a Magic Majin will have the same party buffs with stronger dps and only a very small loss in single target heal strength with 1 point in battle heal and WIS as a focus stat.

Be for over criticizing a post or written content please consider the writers stand point and knowledge along with the fact not everyone will min max stats or understand terms and details of % etc math rations

It also doesn't help that all post are locked shortly after and can not be updated. This along with game mechanics and stats subject to change putting in hard numbers would compromise the guides longevity to subject changes.

Food for thought currently playing crit mage Majin I pull 1680 heal with a level 1 battle heal @lvl40, and have all support buffs with greater dps on a far. Priest also can avg greater overall healing and dps with much better healing cooldowns (time in between healing) to dps without having to worry about stances.

Any ways thank you for the input into thread.

CoffeeBeforeTalkie
April 28th, 2016, 03:05 AM
Thank you for this guide. Mage majin is bae <3

ISH4LLHEAL
April 28th, 2016, 02:22 PM
Yea I agree with that, its almost useless to be a full wis atm. difference between int and wis for a "full sup" lets say is minimal, hope they change it soon..
but since tankers have been running in circles even with a normal priest healing, I've been able to handle the solo heal in partys (but yes you have to time the battle healing with healing circle to have a continous non-stop regen). I'm full wis with only debuffs and buffs maxed+heals and I think I have like 130+170 wis atm (crap gear n lvl 42), and I'm healing like 2k with battle heal and 1.8 with healing circle. so the difference isnt so noticable atm, hope they balance wis to heal more, then it will be nice. and nightmare is bugged? I believe it was suppose to do some cool debuff or god knows what hahahaha

but if it get fixed we'll be a very nice sup =) we are still, just sucks hard at single target, thats about it. but feels like were lacking somenthing, perhaps nightmare is whats missing

AshleyMD
April 28th, 2016, 06:42 PM
Yea I agree with that, its almost useless to be a full wis atm. difference between int and wis for a "full sup" lets say is minimal, hope they change it soon..
but since tankers have been running in circles even with a normal priest healing, I've been able to handle the solo heal in partys (but yes you have to time the battle healing with healing circle to have a continous non-stop regen). I'm full wis with only debuffs and buffs maxed+heals and I think I have like 130+170 wis atm (crap gear n lvl 42), and I'm healing like 2k with battle heal and 1.8 with healing circle. so the difference isnt so noticable atm, hope they balance wis to heal more, then it will be nice. and nightmare is bugged? I believe it was suppose to do some cool debuff or god knows what hahahaha

but if it get fixed we'll be a very nice sup =) we are still, just sucks hard at single target, thats about it. but feels like were lacking somenthing, perhaps nightmare is whats missing

Nightmare is a 15-30 sec aoe sleep but has a extremely low proc chance of around 5%? When first released it was 45+% chance.

Support majin is really missing offensive skillsit should really have a solid 2-3 dps skills without having to change stances.

NasPang
May 1st, 2016, 01:16 AM
I wanna ask about that skill "weapon, armor, mind breaker".
is it stackable?
causing damage? (if yes, good or not?)
is it enough sp to get all 3 if going full support, or just 1 ~ 2 of them?

ISH4LLHEAL
May 1st, 2016, 02:43 AM
Enough to get all of them as full support, you can use all of them together on the same monster. but if you keep re-using 10% mdef reduction for example, it wont stack.
the spell doesnt cause damage, it's only a debuff. although it makes your team do more dmg/consistent damage.

Boytagbatero
May 23rd, 2016, 08:43 PM
Hello. Luna newb here.

Now that that is out of the way the run down! max these skills in this order! Double Impact,Engage,Penetrate,Blood Lust,Cursed Nail,genocide, Moon slasher,Termination.

Why do you go for a max engage? I get maxing double impact for DoT, but since engage is a low level skill, wouldnt it take more SP for it to compete to other skills in terms of damage? Since they all have low cooldown you will probably not need Engage in your skill rotation(3-4 is enough including your stun lock) and the SP could be more useful to passives or for maxing your higher level skill. Unless of course engage has OP scaling dmg in the end which I doubt, but idk as I said Im luna newb.

I took level 1 engage and maxed double impact on start for the sake of rotating skills on low level but I intend to remove engage altogether when I reset. What am I missing?

AshleyMD
May 25th, 2016, 04:31 PM
Hello. Luna newb here.

Why do you go for a max engage? I get maxing double impact for DoT, but since engage is a low level skill, wouldnt it take more SP for it to compete to other skills in terms of damage? Since they all have low cooldown you will probably not need Engage in your skill rotation(3-4 is enough including your stun lock) and the SP could be more useful to passives or for maxing your higher level skill. Unless of course engage has OP scaling dmg in the end which I doubt, but idk as I said Im luna newb.

I took level 1 engage and maxed double impact on start for the sake of rotating skills on low level but I intend to remove engage altogether when I reset. What am I missing?

You should have the sp to max your passives and those skill well into the current cap, at later patches if we get them 105+ dropping it would benefit maxing more prominent skills for that level range, but with low ping and short animation its still one of the better dps skills for the time being.

Majins have a solid overflow of skills that let you choose from preference but the class was designed for a high level gameplay and much older luna. SP changes have made a lot of that diversity into a mess of what is really worth it.

For now till 75 you should be fine either way as once you have both aoes most the time will be spent rotating them with di anyways.

Cheers to hoping Luna last long enough! I myself only keep in touch since if I wanted to play Luna Online I would have more fun on PS versions then here.

Boytagbatero
May 25th, 2016, 05:13 PM
Thanks for the explanation. I suppose I'll see how I can incorporate the new skills and their animations at 75 on my pk skill bar first, Ill re-skill then if I should remove or level engage.

Adityarezae16oH
May 26th, 2016, 06:05 AM
Hello mate, just wanna ask a simple question, i was looking for "Pin Point" passive skill.. But i can't find it. Stupid me. Could you help me mate?

AshleyMD
May 27th, 2016, 01:35 PM
Hello mate, just wanna ask a simple question, i was looking for "Pin Point" passive skill.. But i can't find it. Stupid me. Could you help me mate?

You dont get it till level 20 at job change.

Adityarezae16oH
July 28th, 2016, 06:16 AM
Hi mates, i'm Majin Mage Pure Int lv 52. Is it better if i change the stats to 2 int and 1 wis? i reinforce with either int or wis. Care to advise me? Cheers Mate ^^