PDA

View Full Version : Is it against the rules to afk level pets? :/

LinaCake
April 23rd, 2016, 09:34 PM
Noticed some players in Draconian Ruins just standing and not responding to chat whose pets are fighting everything that spawns in the small area. (Including a quest boss)

KaizerD
April 23rd, 2016, 10:30 PM
It's not against the rules but a lot of people are against it, myself included.

KuroCallista
April 24th, 2016, 12:49 AM
Honestly it's not a big deal, it helps people who are in guilds to lvl while their asleep, you need a boss for a quest change change the channel.

Artenie
April 24th, 2016, 12:57 AM
Honestly it's not a big deal, it helps people who are in guilds to lvl while their asleep, you need a boss for a quest change change the channel.

The entire point of removing the bot was to stop this happening, and now it's happening again. It doesn't help when on all three channels a group of like 4 people sitting are just letting their pets run rampant. It takes exp from those that need it and the pets take the boss kill credit at times as well, so those that need it for their quest don't get it.

KuroCallista
April 24th, 2016, 01:05 AM
The entire point of removing the bot was to stop this happening, and now it's happening again. It doesn't help when on all three channels a group of like 4 people sitting are just letting their pets run rampant. It takes exp from those that need it and the pets take the boss kill credit at times as well, so those that need it for their quest don't get it.

Then Ask the devs to get rid of pets then if you are so pissed off at botting! It's not a problem unless you are being a whiny little twit like you are being about a simple feature, yeah botting was a bit broken but when a pet dies, you have to manually revive it. If it's a SERIOUS problem then bug the gms but this is pathetic, there are a billion other grinding spots and 3 channels. DEAL WITH IT.

Artenie
April 24th, 2016, 01:39 AM
Then Ask the devs to get rid of pets then if you are so pissed off at botting! It's not a problem unless you are being a whiny little twit like you are being about a simple feature, yeah botting was a bit broken but when a pet dies, you have to manually revive it. If it's a SERIOUS problem then bug the gms but this is pathetic, there are a billion other grinding spots and 3 channels. DEAL WITH IT.

The point of a game is to actively play it. That isn't happening when you're sitting and letting your pet do everything automatically. Don't attack me because I have an opinion. I'm not pissed off about anything, I'm merely stating my opinion.

Sometimes people are still there at the keyboard but just sitting, and they'll revive their pet when it dies and just sit down and do nothing again. And no, there aren't many effective grinding spots anymore because of this. Sure you can grind like two mobs at a time, but does anyone really want that? Besides, even on three channels most boss grinding spots are taken, by both active players and pet grinders.

Stolzieren
April 25th, 2016, 01:22 AM
it wouldn't bother me if it wasn't happening on EVERY channel and I have to kill the boss numerous times to get the quest to count

NinaLynn
May 3rd, 2016, 04:12 PM
I know I am guilty of this but I try to stay in one small area and I am usually alone. I do it to farm pet stones or mount stones or just to it to help my friends out when I can't be active. But I also do it to get family points up as well. Its not easy when your game is crashing a crap ton.

Paliden
May 4th, 2016, 12:09 AM
I know I am guilty of this but I try to stay in one small area and I am usually alone. I do it to farm pet stones or mount stones or just to it to help my friends out when I can't be active. But I also do it to get family points up as well. Its not easy when your game is crashing a crap ton.
You should be proud your part of the Bot race!
Let the plebs grind all day while you can just do something more productive, grinding is overrated anyway.

NinaLynn
May 8th, 2016, 02:33 PM
You should be proud your part of the Bot race!
Let the plebs grind all day while you can just do something more productive, grinding is overrated anyway.

pfft I love grinding. Sadly people do have lives. Its a"Feature" in the game. :)

DemonLordAkuma
May 8th, 2016, 06:48 PM
I'm also guilty of afk pet botting like NinaLynn is. However, I only do it if I need to multi-task at the same time. While it is annoying if you're just trying to quest and get EXP yourself (considering the fact too it's extremely hard to find a party on all channels since they're either full or ignoring you because they're afk), it can be convenient as well for people who are trying to get other things done too in the meantime. What I think should happen is there should be a limit to how long you do it like if you're afk for too long, you get automatically disconnected from the game or it forces you to stop after so long by making you unable to unseal your pet and use them. That second option probably wouldn't work for long though as with how the game it is now, most people need their pet in order to mob or just kill a boss.

1roha
May 8th, 2016, 06:54 PM
you can always KS afk players, PK works too.

LinaCake
May 8th, 2016, 11:35 PM
Okay, looking back at this topic I'm a bit more forgiving of it depending on where the afk pet leveling is.

Also keep in mind I made this topic about a quest boss being constantly killed as soon as it spawend without truly understanding that quest exp isn't really worth it in this game at this time.

I still don't like the idea of afk leveling very much, but I can kinda understand it to an extent.

Mr0shan
May 9th, 2016, 03:06 AM
just a time limit on how long first attack can be used on pets would work ... .i doubt very much if better exp for mobs/quest would stop or bring down the numbers of pet afkers ... after all some of those are working for the gold sellers most likely

Paliden
May 9th, 2016, 08:44 AM
just a time limit on how long first attack can be used on pets would work ... .i doubt very much if better exp for mobs/quest would stop or bring down the numbers of pet afkers ... after all some of those are working for the gold sellers most likely
Wait, bot sellers ACTUALLY sell gold?! And here i thought they just scammed you, took your money, hacked your computer and gave you AIDS.

Sylvain256leW7c
May 9th, 2016, 04:20 PM
Pets should be a support and nothing else. This fame failed before and unfortunately, it will fail again.

RuRuRuRuRu
May 10th, 2016, 08:58 PM
For people who need bosses for quests, get aggro on the boss and lure t away from the pets.

RadiantRay
May 10th, 2016, 10:55 PM
It's funny how the pets are stronger than our own characters in this game...isn't it supposed to be the other way around? xD

RuRuRuRuRu
May 11th, 2016, 12:17 AM
They can take more abuse from full health, but they are definitely weaker than a PC. Early On though, your char probably doesn't have decent stats yet.

Krechar
May 25th, 2016, 12:18 PM
they obvious need to take this feature out. I honestly don't care if people are too busy to play this game. it's laziness and your ruining it for players who actually want to play. Botting so you can go about your business for hours isn't OK and never will be OK, and most likely they are going to change it because if it becomes such a huge issue they will lose players and money and Luna will be gone again. If your just going to Bot then you might as well just quit the game now. Your effecting the entire game play for other people if your purposefully killing bosses over and over which takes time to respawn and if players have to KILL IT multiple times to even get the quest completion. So stop whining that you want to bot because you simply can't be bothered actually playing the game.

Krechar
May 25th, 2016, 12:19 PM
exactly its bs. I didn't come back to play to see this ****.

UmbyZero
May 25th, 2016, 12:30 PM
Someone was doing this where I wanted to grind so I just took over and the pet stood down. I was like, "Yeah, that's right! Umby's here now! BOOYAH!"

IvanaDragmj84GH
June 9th, 2016, 10:12 PM
exactly, you get a game to play said game. i'm fine with the AFK fishing and stores because you can't do anything else while fishing/selling. but if you are just sitting off to the side and having your 3-5 star pet kill everything in the vicinity, you are just flat out lazy. if you don't have time to play a game, don't play the game. and I don't think that the first strike command should be taken out, I use it to help me lure away single enemies so I can't be swarmed as easily. but it's still stupid to just let said pet do everything for you. the gold, items, and other things you get from fighting are (in a sense of pride) worth more when honestly earned. if you're to busy, don't play the game or just set up a shop/fishing spot. don't take credit and exp away from people who are actually trying to earn it.

Anthemica
June 10th, 2016, 08:59 AM
It actually doesn't bother me much. The reason is because I know they're afk. So, if I need the mobs they're pet-botting, then I KS it and move along. A player does more damage than a pet, anyway. So you'll get credit for the kill. It's nice to afk pet-bot while you sleep, and wake up to see several armor/weapon boxes in your inventory, plus a bit of exp earned. :)

Someone was doing this where I wanted to grind so I just took over and the pet stood down. I was like, "Yeah, that's right! Umby's here now! BOOYAH!"
Lmao, exactly! ;D

KaizerD
June 10th, 2016, 11:01 AM
It actually doesn't bother me much. The reason is because I know they're afk. So, if I need the mobs they're pet-botting, then I KS it and move along. A player does more damage than a pet, anyway. So you'll get credit for the kill. It's nice to afk pet-bot while you sleep, and wake up to see several armor/weapon boxes in your inventory, plus a bit of exp earned. :)

Lmao, exactly! ;D

But the point is, they are still draining some of the exp from your kills. it's like being sucker punched by someone who isn't there. You're putting in the work while they are just "attempting to ks afk" I have a huge problem against the afk pet sitters to be honest, needless to say i think it is the wrong way to play the game, even when you are sleeping. There are afk things implemented in the game instead of it like fishing. Clear up grind areas to go afk fish and make a ton of money instead.

Anthemica
June 10th, 2016, 11:12 AM
But the point is, they are still draining some of the exp from your kills. it's like being sucker punched by someone who isn't there. You're putting in the work while they are just "attempting to ks afk" I have a huge problem against the afk pet sitters to be honest, needless to say i think it is the wrong way to play the game, even when you are sleeping. There are afk things implemented in the game instead of it like fishing. Clear up grind areas to go afk fish and make a ton of money instead.
You have a point. I completely forgot about the fact that they still get some of the EXP from their pet attacking the mobs. Though, I still don't have much of a problem with it, maybe the pet botting should be taken out since the majority of the community dislikes it. I agree with taking out anything to keep the majority happy. Happy players = successful game.

KaizerD
June 10th, 2016, 11:22 AM
lol if only that could make the players of luna happy -facepalm- xD Some people will never be satisfied

ArtsOfAlchemy
June 11th, 2016, 11:27 PM

The entire point of removing the botters was to stop people from being utterly st***d by botting with a foreign software when all they had to do is get a pet and do it there in my opinion. This version of luna has way too many weaknesses everywhere and now it's also turning in a pay to win game on top of it. But talking about pets only, It absurdly went from "moderatelly usefull pets > Totally useless pets > If I don't have a pet I die misserably everywhere" wait, what?

NOTE: Fishing int this Luna is complete garbage, you cant catch the good things and get the good drops anymore so... I dont see how I'll be a millionaire with that. THOUGH If you know the way please do let me know!

GoDKingX
June 13th, 2016, 07:39 PM
I've killed alot of boss that was being afk-hunted. Just last hit it and you will get the credit. Pets generally do not have nuke power so its quite easy.

GoDKingX
June 13th, 2016, 07:43 PM
You have a point. I completely forgot about the fact that they still get some of the EXP from their pet attacking the mobs. Though, I still don't have much of a problem with it, maybe the pet botting should be taken out since the majority of the community dislikes it. I agree with taking out anything to keep the majority happy. Happy players = successful game.
Happy Players? Seeing this community makes me want to throw up. nothing but bashes against the GM's. No respect at all. They themselves do not even know how hard programming is. It requires a lot of time even just to locate it, and even more to fix it. The majority base of the players just whines all day complaining and demanding that the GM's should blah blah blah. Not even willing to HELP THEM.

Anthemica
June 13th, 2016, 11:24 PM
Happy Players? Seeing this community makes me want to throw up. nothing but bashes against the GM's. No respect at all. They themselves do not even know how hard programming is. It requires a lot of time even just to locate it, and even more to fix it. The majority base of the players just whines all day complaining and demanding that the GM's should blah blah blah. Not even willing to HELP THEM.
Yeah, I agree. I'm sick of seeing constant complaining.

ArtsOfAlchemy
June 14th, 2016, 02:11 PM

I will answer this the same way I answered an another topic.

Everybody in this world has problems and stress and we as players have no need to know what their problems are, I'm sorry, I know this sounds very cold and blunt, but I don't go arround telling my clients to bear with me because I'm too stressed, they don't care about that even when they can prettend to care. People won't just start saying:

"Oh poor thing has too much stress, don't worry take your time, i'll be fine though I needed the work done by today but -sigh- I completelly understand your situation and there's nothign I can do."

No one can possibly expect other people to constantly be in their shoes. I'm a designer, I also work at a company, and I also know what "stress" is with one hell of a mountain of deadlines and constant obstacles that require a lot of thinking to get them solved.

Hey, I'm note saying you don't know what you're suggesing, you seem like a fairly inteligent person that wants the game and community to be better. My comment I do agree that is very stiff but I'm not saying it that way just for you but for everyone that likes to think being buddies with the GMs is something they can take advantage from.

I also said it that way because the person calling "Salt" at other people's problems is a gm, and as I found it funny a couple of times because it was well placed as a once in a while joke, it was often missplaced where problems that made sense were being made fun of, which is in my opnion a bit too much.

I do agree with the friendly GMs you're asking for though, every comunity should be like that. I just wanted to show another side to it since I believe it's important to have several points of view into one matter. Or... however it's called... Sorry :x

I do agree there are people bashing at the GMs in a very rude manner and that's wrong but now you tell me, if you had an issue with your game client or someething and sent tickes and got no answer, then complained at the forums because you see no solution to your problem, and then you find out this whole time the GM was talking about you saying that you were spreading "Salt" all over the place, how would that make you feel? It's disrespectful, my good fellow.

On a side not, GMs are not the ones Coding, it's Eyasoft, all they have to do is find the issue, explain it as detailed as they can in a letter, then I guess send whatever file they have to send to eyasoft and then just wait until they recieve an answer with a new patch fixing the problem. Now I am not saying it is exactly that way but I do know it's somewhere along the lines.

Also, when there are not only a dozen but already houndreds of players complaining about you, then it's time to re-evaluate yourself because that many people seeing the same issue on you can hardly be wrong. It's a simple mater of attitude.

Krechar
June 23rd, 2016, 01:07 PM

Lmao, exactly! ;D

yeah imagine you killing a boss and were originally getting 10k exp then it goes down a couple of ks because of a pet leeching. Especially when you ask them to move and there not afk and they don't. you're are spending the money for hp and mp to kill a boss solo which cost a lot of gold. your basically letting them leech for free.
its a couple of factors into this. but I also haven't seen people pass 40 pet partying bosses, yet.
http://i.imgur.com/DqsCjlE.gif (https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=88931)

Sondzark0pNtklY
June 23rd, 2016, 02:42 PM
yeah imagine you killing a boss and were originally getting 10k exp then it goes down a couple of ks because of a pet leeching. Especially when you ask them to move and there not afk and they don't. you're are spending the money for hp and mp to kill a boss solo which cost a lot of gold. your basically letting them leech for free.
its a couple of factors into this. but I also haven't seen people pass 40 pet partying bosses, yet.
http://i.imgur.com/DqsCjlE.gif (https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=88931)
this will never be a problem with the game fixed, killing bosses never has been the main solution to level up, and the fact that right now it is, shows how many problems there are, grinding mobs should be the real way to gain exp and item drops, bosses should be there for quests and rare items, the pet system is maybe the only thing that Reborn has better than plus, for the rest every change has been a disaster, so i guess when it will be fixed (if it will before the server will be empty) this problem will not exist and afk pets will not be a problem, so i think the pet system i think just work great.

Raulersonl7p06c
June 23rd, 2016, 04:03 PM
If you are going to afk pet level at the moment, form a full party and then find your normal area of grind. Make sure pets are level 3-5 and just let them grind for you. Make sure you use the SIT function because you can get a ton of hp back for free. If you are a mage, make sure you use the skill that uses your mana for HP and have good wisdom gear.

At least you can get your money back and level a little doing this.

I'm not a big fan of the pet leveling, but its about to get bad if they don't fix things. Some people have figured out a way to bot without a botting program by use of things such as targetless aoes and a sewing machine or other device that can do the same function (YOU WOULD BE SUPRISED WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH SCIENCE DRINKING BIRD). Also note that there is nothing against using xpadder either to map a controller to your function. So you just watch anime and spam targetless aoes for a few hours.

Anthemica
June 23rd, 2016, 05:34 PM
If you are going to afk pet level at the moment, form a full party and then find your normal area of grind. Make sure pets are level 3-5 and just let them grind for you. Make sure you use the SIT function because you can get a ton of hp back for free. If you are a mage, make sure you use the skill that uses your mana for HP and have good wisdom gear.

At least you can get your money back and level a little doing this.

I'm not a big fan of the pet leveling, but its about to get bad if they don't fix things. Some people have figured out a way to bot without a botting program by use of things such as targetless aoes and a sewing machine or other device that can do the same function (YOU WOULD BE SUPRISED WHAT YOU CAN DO WITH SCIENCE DRINKING BIRD). Also note that there is nothing against using xpadder either to map a controller to your function. So you just watch anime and spam targetless aoes for a few hours.
Lmao at sewing machine and science drinking bird. :XD: That's not a bad idea, lol.

KaizerD
June 23rd, 2016, 11:02 PM
gg i remember the days where you would play an old PS game and rubber band the buttons/control stick to do things for you. Other games you just press buttons and look away from the screen haha. Specific games that come to mind are certain spots in FF8 and Chaos Legion :P people could get crafty with that bird i tell you what

ArtsOfAlchemy
June 25th, 2016, 11:51 PM

I had one of my characters reach lvl 49 almost 50 entirelly based on pet botting tho :v