PDA

View Full Version : Attention to GMs

Darkheartx
April 25th, 2016, 05:45 PM
Since playing OBT, myself and quite a few others having been making comments on different aspects of the game thus far which we strongly feel need light brought to them. Following I will have a few of the higher concern questions and will keep this particular thread up to date as we expand into the game.

1. Quest exp should be boosted to make the game more accessible to lone players. We are seeing a lot of feedback from players wondering where and how to level and that's because they are alone. While the game is very social, we can't always count on people opening up to randoms. So questing should be at least somewhat viable for the sake of lone players.

2. Monster damage output should be nerfed a tad because while we don't won't soloing to be easy and better than grouping, we also don't want it to be impossible. We understand that certain classes really aren't made to solo like a priest for instance, and those going that job should definitely know before hand where they stand as far as a guild and grouping but for classes like rogues who I have even soloed as in the past, it's completely out of question at the moment. I would say to try a 15% damage nerf for at least the regular mobs, not things like tower and such which are meant to be more difficult, and then see where it stands.

3. Rare drops and when will they be implemented in the game. We are literally relying off of lucky stats on random equipment boxes. This has resulted in just endless grinding, while being higher level is nice, those of us hunting bosses are doing so in vain. As you may notice with the surplus of shops in town, what are they all selling? Random box drops, because that's all there is.

4. 365 day costumes in lucky boxes? Why? Are we expected to buy a new one every single month when most of us had the option for permanent in the past? If there won't be permanent, many of us strongly feel that it should be in the open cash shop and not as a random box drop. People had their chances to have a permanent with the kick starter and I get that, but a lot of didn't like the option given. So please put a year long in the open cash shop, we promise it will sell because many of us want it.

We appreciate all of your efforts in making Luna great again and as caring players, we only speak out in regards to help that cause.

Xkiraster
April 25th, 2016, 05:52 PM
i agree 100000%, i wanna be able to solo and not depend on others.

right now i just log-in and stare at the screen because no tanks, and even if there are tanks, i don't even like partying so why should i have to ? and what about all the new players that don't even have guilds or know whats going on.

either give back our defense we had back then, or lower the damage from monsters. heavily. ffs i have almost the same defense as a tank and i'm a pure vit rogue, come on.

KuroCallista
April 25th, 2016, 06:06 PM
I agree fully with this, I want the flock around in a costume that is good for more then a month... As well as I used to get to at least lvl75 soloing and I can't even get a damn lvl with grouping, I have to wait like Kira for tanks because my swordman is brittle as hell...

XMonogatari
April 25th, 2016, 06:07 PM
Completely agree with all of that, Please bring back rare drops at least from bosses and maybe put a few in the Lucky Box.
Boost the quest exp on repeatable quests so if there's no party people can at least do those and get 1-2% per hand in. I mostly did repeatable quests to level back in the day because solo grinding is really boring to me and quests give a meaning to killing the same thing over and over...

XShiki
April 25th, 2016, 06:13 PM
I entirely agree with all these points. Waiting hours just for a tank to level is unbelievable. I have missed a couple of days without gaining a level because there are no tanks online. Furthermore rare drops are what helps us players advance through.Just grinding for chests with random stats can be excruciating.

XTeeez
April 25th, 2016, 06:17 PM
Good points dark, i 100% agree with everything that is said. Also to add, We need a small increase of gold gain... Especially from killing mobs.

Katiecchi
April 25th, 2016, 06:18 PM
These are all valid and good points. Should they be implemented, I think it would help the game's longevity as well as making the game more enjoyable for the lone wolfs as well as the guild socialites.

365d costumes would be *SO* nice. Limiting them to a chance drop from lucky boxes is unappealing to a lot of people and I personally would much rather be able to buy multiple 365d costumes. Ty for the post <3

DarthHelix
April 25th, 2016, 06:34 PM
I agree with everything. I've even myself tried bringing up this costume dilemma every time I hear costumes mentioned. I've tried to stay optimistic but at every turn you guys beat me back down. Us luna players new and old need our costumes. If you really don't want perms then at least don't jerk us around with a random box from a random box.
I also agree on the combat. I like to group and grind, but i also dont want to be forced to have to find a tank and a healer every day, every time i leave town for anything. I enjoy solo questing and farming and item hunting and we can't do any of that really.

Edit: I also feel that the solo difficulty is a major contributor to atk pet killing. I have a friend who hates it, but has such a rough time soloing he feels like he has to when nobody is on because his pet can solo 10000x better

Kamuisama
April 25th, 2016, 08:14 PM
I agree that mobs damage output is a bit too high and should be nerfed a bit but to make all things soloable is kinda ruining tanker/healer classes and they won't be needed as much as it is now. Look now in grinding spots you can find people ask, "Can I join your party?" or "Is there any open slot for me?" but if you can do all solo, I think what you will find is "Move, this is my spot, go grind somewhere else! @$%^#!!!" and will encourage people to "Bot" using third party program :ROLLEYES:

Eunwol
April 25th, 2016, 08:31 PM
I think the monster output is fine, makes it more of a challange.

I agree with the quest exp its kinda lame in comparisation of grinding

Xkiraster
April 25th, 2016, 09:16 PM
I think it would help the game's longevity as well as making the game more enjoyable for the lone wolfs

thisssssss ^

KuroCallista
April 25th, 2016, 09:42 PM

I agree with the quest exp its kinda lame in comparisation of grinding

I'm a lone wolf and I dislike this.

RuRuRuRuRu
April 25th, 2016, 09:46 PM
One of the issues with boosting the quest xp too much is that for some repeatables, grinding parties will hog the area and use that to supplement their grinding. Having played the previous version where the quest xp was good, this is what ended up happening. So unless they make it that quest loot is also dropped in a round robin sort of way it would be abused. Even then it might get abused.
I do agree that the game is significantly harder to solo now compared to before, but seeing as I played the previous version as a literal glass cannon, the damage isn't that different merely the way skills works is. This version of luna has mostly static boosts for passives and actives. Gpot luna was mostly percentage based, and because of that you'd have effectively 3-4x multipliers (and if you knew how to abuse a certain combination of buffs, you could hit way higher for patk especially, ie I had 12k patk pre plus and about 19k post plus) on your stats.
There is no honky-tonk perm that's breaking the game balance. the % boost potions are quite limited. So yes this version is harder. Because gpot luna was EZ Mode. Maybe if everyone dies 1000 times each we'll get the easy mode unlock :D.

Aerondo
April 25th, 2016, 09:56 PM
For the monster stats. Simply make a monk and you know you cannot lvl anymore

Fervid
April 25th, 2016, 10:11 PM
Nice constructive post Darkheartx. It's important for the community to voice their opinions. It's a positive approach for all parties. GM's and Players.

Paliden
April 25th, 2016, 11:19 PM
One of the issues with boosting the quest xp too much is that for some repeatables, grinding parties will hog the area and use that to supplement their grinding. Having played the previous version where the quest xp was good, this is what ended up happening. So unless they make it that quest loot is also dropped in a round robin sort of way it would be abused. Even then it might get abused.
I do agree that the game is significantly harder to solo now compared to before, but seeing as I played the previous version as a literal glass cannon, the damage isn't that different merely the way skills works is. This version of luna has mostly static boosts for passives and actives. Gpot luna was mostly percentage based, and because of that you'd have effectively 3-4x multipliers (and if you knew how to abuse a certain combination of buffs, you could hit way higher for patk especially, ie I had 12k patk pre plus and about 19k post plus) on your stats.
There is no honky-tonk perm that's breaking the game balance. the % boost potions are quite limited. So yes this version is harder. Because gpot luna was EZ Mode. Maybe if everyone dies 1000 times each we'll get the easy mode unlock :D.
Thank you not, had enough of that in SMT:4...

DaveFederiso
April 25th, 2016, 11:29 PM

Tell that to your tank. and let's see what happens.

Rettle
April 26th, 2016, 12:56 AM
Tell that to your tank. and let's see what happens.

^ THIS

Pure VIT, wearing 1hand and shield, still having a hard time mobbing normal monster.
We are at LUNA PLUS HARD MODE, where normal monsters hit like trucks, even worse for boss monsters.
My pet can solo much better than me tbh... :ehh:

Aethalides
April 26th, 2016, 01:04 AM
If there could be an auto pot feature like in some other games like say AK. It would make soloing much more pleasant. My fingers get annoyed tabbing to ctrl to use pot hotkey all the time.

KuroCallista
April 26th, 2016, 01:08 AM
If there could be an auto pot feature like in some other games like say AK. It would make soloing much more pleasant. My fingers get annoyed tabbing to ctrl to use pot hotkey all the time.

That isn't the problem, the stats are ****ed and that is making the monster mobs unbearable. Healing is fine

Skelduzz
April 26th, 2016, 04:07 AM
1. Quest exp should be boosted to make the game more accessible to lone players.

i have to agree with you, simply because some people like to solo and you just can't force them to party. one of the solutions to the issues RuRuRuRuRu stated would be limit repeatables (like ToD at the moment) to a certain reasonable amount which would refresh daily and prevent abuse, everybody wins? yay?

2. Monster damage output should be nerfed a tad because while we don't won't soloing to be easy and better than grouping, we also don't want it to be impossible.

I do agree that the game is significantly harder to solo now compared to before, but seeing as I played the previous version as a literal glass cannon, the damage isn't that different merely the way skills works is. This version of luna has mostly static boosts for passives and actives. Gpot luna was mostly percentage based, and because of that you'd have effectively 3-4x multipliers on your stats.
There is no honky-tonk perm that's breaking the game balance. the % boost potions are quite limited.

those two arguments go hand in hand and have a simple solution,
change the stats to percentage based and leave the damage as it is since we have the plus aggro system (the more you lure the more damage you receive). tanks will be happy since they will actually be able to build defense and solo players would be happy since they'd be able to solo to an extent depending on their stats

either give back our defense we had back then, or lower the damage from monsters. heavily. ffs i have almost the same defense as a tank and i'm a pure vit rogue, come on.

Pure VIT, wearing 1hand and shield
My pet can solo much better than me tbh... :ehh:

^ this right here nuff said

3. Rare drops and when will they be implemented in the game.

THIS RIGHT HERE YES PLEASE, rare drops is what made the difference at low and high levels it gave you that little bit extra defense or extra physical/magical attack, but you had to spend hours/days/weeks to get that little edge and that hard work is what made it all worth it.

Now to add some to the list

1. Gold rates

lets be honest enchanting costs a lot, potions cost a lot with how many we usually need . . .
a slight increase to the gold drop would be greatly appreciated, since we'd finally be able to enchant our own gears or buy some from NPC to get those +7 and withstand the current monster damage for a tad longer before dying like a scrub . . .

2. GM-Community communication on forums

we have kickstarter/CBT give away and unless you were in the Skype group chat, you weren't able to know when, who, or what was given since there was no announcement on forums, some more communication with the community through would be great and would prevent a lot of unnecessary posts from people that simply have no idea whats going on.

i believe most people here understand that this is still OBT and there is a lot of work still to be done, but still going that little extra to announce things even if they are minor would be greatly appreciated

CrazyMinMi
April 26th, 2016, 10:59 AM
I'm ok with my tank I don't mind running around like a dummy letting healer heal me having the only thing that makes me a tank is the attract circle it's just when I was a dps class str did nothing not even having a + 10 weapon means anything just a tiny increase of phy

DarthHelix
April 26th, 2016, 12:26 PM
2. GM-Community communication on forums

we have kickstarter/CBT give away and unless you were in the Skype group chat, you weren't able to know when, who, or what was given since there was no announcement on forums, some more communication with the community through would be great and would prevent a lot of unnecessary posts from people that simply have no idea whats going on.

i believe most people here understand that this is still OBT and there is a lot of work still to be done, but still going that little extra to announce things even if they are minor would be greatly appreciated

This. so much this. the most frustrating thing about this cbt+ is how little information we get on whats going on. All it would take is a simple post, we are working on blah blah blah, we plan to whatever, we arent going to impliment so and so.
A little post every once in a while telling us whats up would ease sooooo much tension and concern. Look at how many forum posts are pleading for information on the same major subjects to no avail

DaveFederiso
April 26th, 2016, 12:41 PM
I'm ok with my tank I don't mind running around like a dummy letting healer heal me having the only thing that makes me a tank is the attract circle it's just when I was a dps class str did nothing not even having a + 10 weapon means anything just a tiny increase of phy

It's OK if you're not lagging and pinging the server on Canada with 100ms-ish. But when you lag, no heal can save yo arse.

Xkiraster
April 26th, 2016, 12:59 PM
http://i.imgur.com/KtAdxLP.jpg

Paliden
April 26th, 2016, 01:21 PM
Don't forget the Fish Head, it gives +50 Charisma to Speech Checks ^^

Donton
April 26th, 2016, 02:25 PM
+69 to everybody

Zaraphin
April 30th, 2016, 08:50 AM
I totally agree with everything. Ofcourse, grinding should be challenging or else the game would be no fun.
But even same lvl monsters or 4 lvl's under do really high damage.

The exp gain is ridiculous too.. they should really take care of these concerns fast. Otherwise i think people will lose interest in this game quickly

FairLight1337
April 30th, 2016, 02:11 PM

The only way I've been able to tank monsters right now is with making my armor +10 or try for higher but it's so much freaking money for the enhancement crap.

Also even with my +8-10 set up they still hit like freaking trucks @lv.47 atm (Tanker/Geared to the teeth)

ISH4LLHEAL
April 30th, 2016, 02:52 PM
Well back in the old days tanker was the only class enable to tank taking 1 dmg lets say.. all other classes used to solo with dodge (wich was removed), so tankers could still be the same eh? iono

Lycory
April 30th, 2016, 04:16 PM
i agree with exp rate and monster dmg i get hard time leveling because exp gain too small and my mage have high chance get dead if 2/3 monster getting agro even i not hit them :(
low exp gain and high penalty dead gain.

Zaraphin
April 30th, 2016, 04:18 PM
The only way I've been able to tank monsters right now is with making my armor +10 or try for higher but it's so much freaking money for the enhancement crap.

Also even with my +8-10 set up they still hit like freaking trucks @lv.47 atm (Tanker/Geared to the teeth)

I'm also a tank and i have the same issue.
Not to mention you have to keep spamming your hp pots to actually be able to decently grind...

ISH4LLHEAL
April 30th, 2016, 05:02 PM
I guess if you had your entire gear +10 enchanted with vitality gem and like atleast 30-50 vit on every piece you would take 1 damage, but thats kind of hardcore mood haha

they removed a few gems or atleast I didnt see yet:
http://i68.tinypic.com/2dkifiw.jpg

KaizerD
May 1st, 2016, 02:04 AM
I guess if you had your entire gear +10 enchanted with vitality gem and like atleast 30-50 vit on every piece you would take 1 damage, but thats kind of hardcore mood haha

they removed a few gems or atleast I didnt see yet:
http://i68.tinypic.com/2dkifiw.jpg

I miss a lot of the old items. Remember crafting items? Crafting basically serves no purpose now other than new pets and accessories
#BringThemBack

LastDonut
May 2nd, 2016, 11:00 PM
I dislike how solo can be hard at times or rather risky and almost impossible in some places like tod to name 1.
basically it turned into get a group,squad,gang,clique,team or just gtfo. I rather not rely on people.

also is it just me or DOT skills don't ignore defense in this version? and it's now based on your actual stat aka if your a rogue/fighter/phy then str if your magic/mage=int so if you don't stack them stats dot will be real low numbers than what it says on the skill...

MentosOfficial
May 3rd, 2016, 06:45 AM
I miss a lot of the old items. Remember crafting items? Crafting basically serves no purpose now other than new pets and accessories
#BringThemBack

yea i miss so much the old feature. killing specific monster for getting the crafting item. and now every 5 level only have 1 option weapon. all player have same gear and same weapon at same level and same job

ChronicOffender
May 3rd, 2016, 08:06 AM
yea monster damage is hell.. I am a tanker with vit gears and +5, but the monster still hit like crazy. I don't know if they call Infantry a tank, but in old luna both plus and preplus.. if you're a tank then you're a tank you can bare all the hard hitting monster.. but here.. I don't know what happend... bring back our defense or lower the monster damage output.. they hit like hell.. thank you for listening!

RuRuRuRuRu
May 4th, 2016, 10:08 AM
no more lazy 1 damage from every mob on the map tanking.
Tanks have to kite and play properly now.

MentosOfficial
May 4th, 2016, 02:08 PM

i hope i can play properly with that lag

SeriousBusiness
May 4th, 2016, 02:56 PM

except outside of attract circle, literally, ANYONE can do this. therefore, making tank that much less special and only wanted because of one single ability. tanks in general, on most mmo's, dont just run in'a circle all day long.

taunts.
stuns.
aggro switches.
positioning.
kiting.
actively avoiding abilities.
stopping something/someone from casting a spell.

literally tanks in this game do... none of that.... well.. except for kiting.... in a circle... and pressing one button...
(which might have something to do with the fact there are no tanks right now, cuz who BLEEP wants to play a game for 2-6 hours a day running in a circle pressing one button? i've tried it here... its NOT FUN...AT ALL.

ISH4LLHEAL
May 5th, 2016, 08:55 PM
except outside of attract circle, literally, ANYONE can do this. therefore, making tank that much less special and only wanted because of one single ability. tanks in general, on most mmo's, dont just run in'a circle all day long.

taunts.
stuns.
aggro switches.
positioning.
kiting.
actively avoiding abilities.
stopping something/someone from casting a spell.

literally tanks in this game do... none of that.... well.. except for kiting.... in a circle... and pressing one button...
(which might have something to do with the fact there are no tanks right now, cuz who BLEEP wants to play a game for 2-6 hours a day running in a circle pressing one button? i've tried it here... its NOT FUN...AT ALL.

are you nuts?
1- they have taunt (whats taunt for you? drag aggro?)
2- they have stun
3- aggro switches, what you mean? they can drag aggro, they have two skills for that
4- kiting? are you a ranged class to kite?
5- what? this game never had dodge for magical attacks, and on this version so far dodge has been completely nerfed. meaning not only your special tanker ass can't dodge, everyone can't do it properly even the poor rogues.
6- what else do you want, a miracle? there's other classes that can "silence" targets lol

forgot to mention tanker have reflect (still weak as hell, maybe will get buffed) and shield barrier wich increases your def and mdef drastically for some time (still think this skill need a very lower cooldown, like from 90 to 30-40).

plus paladin has a slow movement debuff/dmg skill, and you can use deep risen spin to drag someone to you if thats the case. and if you use da brains u may get more than one stun.

I don't get your point, I do agree though monsters are too strong and its getting balanced eventually with everything else.3

SeriousBusiness
May 6th, 2016, 01:34 AM
the point is there are no mechanics to counter in this whole game outside of a stun and a cone melee aoe.

tanking is literally running scared in a circle for hours on end pressing a single button trying not to get hit.

hows that for a point?

kite.. kite.. kite.. lalalala

i heard you like kites ?

KillahBskap04gy
May 6th, 2016, 05:05 AM

Tank kiting ? lol whos your crack dealer cause i wanna try that stuff, your beyond out of your mind with statements like this

RuRuRuRuRu
May 6th, 2016, 09:49 AM
Tank kiting ? lol whos your crack dealer cause i wanna try that stuff, your beyond out of your mind with statements like this

Do you even play this game? Or are you talking based on some other mental model you've construed from another experience?
My guild's highest level tank does a full party mob without a healer because he can mitigate damage taken by kiting. Luna tanks are less T57 and more M18-Hellcat. If your tank can not run faster than what ever is chasing him, they are going to die. Your party tank should be holding aggro so that the dps can kill stuff without taking damage. In fact if we run with a healer, its more to do mop up heals and damage control. Honestly, do people just refuse to learn how to play under the new system or is the level of intelligence on these forums really that low?

ISH4LLHEAL
May 6th, 2016, 12:25 PM
I wouldnt mind tankers tanking 1 dmg, afterall they have no physical damage at all, that should be their prize for picking this path (just like a full dex rogue should have HIGH EVASION and a full wils healer HIGH HEAL, but things are drastically nerfed atm). I personally don't like the way it is now, healers would still be needed to heal the tankers if they used to take 1 dmg because at some point the defense breaks, for example you could mob 20 monsters tanking 1 dmg, at 21+ you start taking 30-50 dmg per monster or more, and at 30 monsters you would be taking 150 dmg per monsters and increasing the more you lure (thats how the game mechanics works if u take 1 dmg, just like evasion used to "break" aswell). so that way they could mob more and would still need to run, still need a healer and they would be able to lure more monsters. but since we're already "used" to that running thing meh...... but they already said they're "fixing" things, let's see what's comming next.

the way it is now

healer = setup a bot
other classes sit and wait to press their attacking skills

tanker= the only one 100% awake and doing the job, this human has to run in circles for hours!

so if they have the "hardest" work, they should atleast deserve to be stronger, since they have no dmg and can't lvl up alone just like full wis healers :p

I also think int shouldnt add heal power, tht should be exclusive for the WIS stat (wish needs a buff, wis is increasing a very low heal power, its worth going full int atm even for a support)... but oh well, im crazy

ISH4LLHEAL
May 6th, 2016, 01:12 PM
Also if they aint adding an anti-bot system, they should bring back the old one from cbt before people start playing with somenthing they shouldn't. lol

LastDonut
May 8th, 2016, 10:16 AM
so tank=run away and avoid tanking damage now? okay then guess by that logic everyone is a tank.

Amalric
May 8th, 2016, 07:42 PM
Full wis healers right now are too squishy my friend, it´s better to go 2:1 wis and vit, also I have one and im not a healing bot, I can use useful DoT skills to help my party end faster with the mobs, but yea tankers should be able to stand still and resist damage.

Amalric
May 8th, 2016, 07:43 PM
I wouldnt mind tankers tanking 1 dmg, afterall they have no physical damage at all, that should be their prize for picking this path (just like a full dex rogue should have HIGH EVASION and a full wils healer HIGH HEAL, but things are drastically nerfed atm). I personally don't like the way it is now, healers would still be needed to heal the tankers if they used to take 1 dmg because at some point the defense breaks, for example you could mob 20 monsters tanking 1 dmg, at 21+ you start taking 30-50 dmg per monster or more, and at 30 monsters you would be taking 150 dmg per monsters and increasing the more you lure (thats how the game mechanics works if u take 1 dmg, just like evasion used to "break" aswell). so that way they could mob more and would still need to run, still need a healer and they would be able to lure more monsters. but since we're already "used" to that running thing meh...... but they already said they're "fixing" things, let's see what's comming next.

the way it is now

healer = setup a bot
other classes sit and wait to press their attacking skills

tanker= the only one 100% awake and doing the job, this human has to run in circles for hours!

so if they have the "hardest" work, they should atleast deserve to be stronger, since they have no dmg and can't lvl up alone just like full wis healers :p

I also think int shouldnt add heal power, tht should be exclusive for the WIS stat (wish needs a buff, wis is increasing a very low heal power, its worth going full int atm even for a support)... but oh well, im crazy

Full wis healers right now are too squishy my friend, it´s better to go 2:1 wis and vit, also I have one and I´m not a healing bot, I can use useful DoT skills to help my party end faster with the mobs, but yea tankers should be able to stand still and resist damage.

SeriousBusiness
May 9th, 2016, 04:15 PM
did this guy just say healers can bot?

i am unaware of this feature and/or function. as the ingame bot wasn't able to heal outside of a possible spam of group aoe spell.... which.. doesnt... do much.

tanks should be able to absorb more damage than they do, or you scale the dmg of monsters down. not rocket science.

CrazyMinMi
May 9th, 2016, 04:26 PM
Yeah tanks should have more def or monsters need to be weaker I have to run around for hours when higher lvl healers/some dps are using bots

Servanda
May 9th, 2016, 09:01 PM
many player when they're hunt use ilegal program like bot to hunt and they'r will leave pc and get sleep lol :O

RuRuRuRuRu
May 10th, 2016, 12:09 AM
Yeah tanks should have more def or monsters need to be weaker I have to run around for hours when higher lvl healers/some dps are using bots

many player when they're hunt use ilegal program like bot to hunt and they'r will leave pc and get sleep lol :O

Report it. Click the record button and report them.

KaizerD
May 10th, 2016, 01:27 AM
I'm thinking this thread needs to die now e3e;; All these things have been noted and some addressed.

KuroCallista
May 10th, 2016, 01:38 AM
I'm thinking this thread needs to die now e3e;; All these things have been noted and some addressed.

At least it got some attention!