PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Third Party Gold Sellers

Amberaptorr
May 7th, 2016, 01:15 PM
This is a reminder that BUYING gold from a third party website or purchasing gold with real money is a bannable offense.

1roha
May 7th, 2016, 03:02 PM
Lets see if youre actually capable of tracking them ;-)

RuRuRuRuRu
May 7th, 2016, 04:46 PM
Select account_name from players join trade_transactions on Player_ID where transaction2_money > 0 and trade1_item_1 is null or transaction1_money > 0 and trade2_item_2 is null

not even knowing how their db and logging system works I could tell you its not hard to spot trade patterns that don't look legitimate.

KappaPaladin
May 7th, 2016, 06:27 PM
Select account_name from players join trade_transactions on Player_ID where transaction2_money > 0 and trade1_item_1 is null or transaction1_money > 0 and trade2_item_2 is null

not even knowing how their db and logging system works I could tell you its not hard to spot trade patterns that don't look legitimate.

^
What about people using dual client to open booth on a side account while they're playing on their main account? There's going to be lots of trades done where large amounts of gold is traded from booth side accounts to main accounts.
Especially those selling high end equipment or items from cash shop, I had 15m gold in sales just last night traded to my main account from selling gems, costumes and lv3 pets.

Also the gold sellers probably store the gold on different accounts from the throwaway ones that they use to bot advertising messages.
And they could have tried to laundry the gold by having it pass through several accounts through different means from trading (gold-> junk items) to booth sales.

If you opened a booth and asked the gold sellers at their website to buy the random 300k item inside for 10m gold, can it be proven that you actually bought gold from the gold seller? I mean anyone could just put an overpriced item in their shop for fun, yes the gold seller bought it from your booth but there's no evidence to prove that it was a purchase of gold from the gold seller behind the scenes and not a random purchase from the guy.
The gold seller can randomly buy cheap small stuff from every booth and maybe buy overpriced stuff now and then from legitimate players to implicate them as false suspects and drag them through the mud making it harder to identify who is innocent. They have so much gold reserves (since they get them for free), it doesn't hurt them to waste 10m 20m 30m gold to throw the GMs/Devs/Tech crew off-track.
The most they can do is just deem it as a trade with illegitimate gold from a gold seller and reverse the transaction, but what if it's already spent then? Or the 30m they bought has already been passed through several hands eg. B> Suba Points xxxxx gold per 100 on megaphone -> some guy who then uses the gold to buy gems to reinforce equipment -> gem seller using the gold to upgrade guild level etc?

Not saying it's impossible to trace but I don't think it's as easy as you imagined.
Even in real life there's multiple ways to laundry money.

Why do you think the gold sellers can farm the gold without getting banned? Why do you think hackers can keep hacking the game? Why do you think they can keep stationing advertising shout bots in alker 24/7 without being stopped? 1 gets banned they just put another 1 up, the GMs can't be there to ban them 24/7 (and you can already see they are really short-handed from the CBT rewards delay / multiple events and information not conveyed to players properly until recently ---- the 2x exp event was a step in the right direction where they had an in game message saying that there's double EXP and also having a forum thread to inform players about it, good job). Trace IPs? They are likely using VPNs to protect themselves so you can't stop them through their IPs either, they can just change IP addresses after getting blocked.
Even the best blocking system will miss some VPNs. If large companies like Hulu can't catch all VPNs, all the more Suba Games won't be able to do anything about it.

TL;DR
Things are not as simple as you think, there's always ways to get away scott free or turn things into a ****fest that complicates everything.
Gold sellers have been around on every single mmo and they can't really be stopped that easily.

Rettle
May 7th, 2016, 09:41 PM
I'm still seeing the same bot here at alker days ago, spamming gold selling site

KaizerD
May 8th, 2016, 01:26 AM
Wish something could be done about the gold sellers since i no longer can have my shouts turned on.

RuRuRuRuRu
May 8th, 2016, 07:55 AM
^

TL;DR
Things are not as simple as you think, there's always ways to get away scott free or turn things into a ****fest that complicates everything.
Gold sellers have been around on every single mmo and they can't really be stopped that easily.

You using a dual client does not stop there being a transaction log.
If I knew the tables and column names I could write a script that parsed all transactions and pulled out ones that stand out. In fact there are already CoTS analytics that will do that for you.
Data analytics is what made Google huge and its not a super complex concept.
All you need to do is find the dodgy transaction and pull on the thread it leads to. You can think of a thousand ways to try be sneaky about hiding your transaction but how many years do you think finance has been a thing? How long do you think people have tried to hide their dealings? A simple of the shelf software can break your plans in seconds. then you get banned and because you tried to hide it, there is no consideration about it.
The fact of the matter is, you have to get the gold that was sold to you to your main. there is a trail that leads to you. Unless you have admin privileges in the database you will never be able to hide the trail.
Sure you *Might* get away with it.
But if you don't, you're banned and you paid money for nothing.
And no gold seller can ever guarantee they are safe.

CrazyMinMi
May 16th, 2016, 02:38 PM
Something need to be done about the gold seller he online shouting everyday the way it's going I might as well add him as a friend cause he is going no where anytime soon

Glato
May 17th, 2016, 02:38 AM
@RuRuRuRuRu
You reminded me I have to get back to working. lol :) But this was a great read. And yup, it is pretty much as you said: Suba can track and trace the whole thing very easily. Of course legitimate trades could also stand out (like the 2 accounts trade thing the other guy mentioned), but the query you posted would be a start. Of course, other accompanying queries would filter everything else out, no matter how much they try to hide or divide it with multiple characters, accounts and whatnot. Or even trying to add a junk item to the trade to bypass that basic query you wrote earlier. And so on.