PDA

View Full Version : Ata's Change

BlackChaosMage
March 9th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Were there any changes in ata skills with the new update?

SelenisAaargh
March 9th, 2010, 06:10 PM
so far my observations:
if i didnt mention a skill no changes or i dont know yet the difference.

- throwing mastery adds 50% at 10 now (33% before)
- split jav adds now 20% AR at 10 instead of 10%, damage boost remained same. as far i can say so did delay at 10.
- triumph of valhalla i think the duration was increased, damage boost remained same, didnt test yet if damasge boost adds to skills now (hopefully)
- Hall of Valhalla add way more evade now 26% at 8 instead of 19% before and potential is higher, 29% at 9, prolly 32% at 10 instead of 23% before
also duration of HoV increased (260 at 8, 280 at 9)
- Frost Jav adds 40-50 at 1 now 42-54 at 2, maybe it also got fixed finally.

so far so peachy....

BUT!!!!

Vengeance!!!! :((
no damage boost, adds instead critrate now, 16% at 7, 19% at 8!!!
ok it became cheaper on mana (45mp 67 stm at 7)
but why nerf our damage skill??????

WTF!

Bump: im gonna be soo pissed if frickin pikes got better update again....

Bump: as far i can say twist jav remained same... ill prolly have to reskill to twist build now....

GAH!

Bump: nop ToV still doesnt add damage to skills :(

oh and x-Rage also has no damage boost anymore

Bump: i cant ****ing believe it!
so all classes got only improvements only we got our main atatck skill nerfed?

archers got avalanche damage increased, mechs god grand smash damage increased!

wtf is wrong with this ****ing yadang loosers!

Baaly
March 9th, 2010, 06:40 PM
about TOV:

im pretty sure that max dmg increased: its +50 now instead of +40 (at lvl 10).

so it should add +25 max dmg to party-members now instead of +20 b4.

SelenisAaargh
March 9th, 2010, 06:51 PM
youre correct, overseen this... still pissed about ven...

Baaly
March 9th, 2010, 06:57 PM
im not: that mana reduce for it is very coolio actually.

ur still overreacting ROFLMAO

SelenisAaargh
March 9th, 2010, 07:11 PM
baaly i went to i2 and tried to kill a IF with it

it made no difference if i just used normal attacks or used vengeance.

no difference at all!

except your stamina and mana usage actually increased now because you need like 100 hits to kill one now.

go ahead and try to kill a cc with ven and tell me if im overreacting!

ill change to twist jav now and will have to ditch split.

Baaly
March 9th, 2010, 07:59 PM
i can spam 6 ven now instead of 4

nuff said?

:ehh:

ed teh gar
March 9th, 2010, 09:14 PM
How is it nerfed?

I still dont get how it got worse?

I just saw an ata take out a pike 1 on 1 with veng.

SO....

Viseris
March 9th, 2010, 10:10 PM
oh and x-Rage also has no damage boost anymore

Hmm I wanted to clear up some misconceptions...X-Rage did not get weaker...the damage modifier remained the same...it does MORE damage than before considering the increase in our throwing mastery to 50% and TOV Boosts. Still 160% at level 10.

-Windy Duration Increase
-Storm Javelin now 22%+ Dmg Boost at lvl 1
-Soul Sucker 10% health steal at lvl 1

That's all that I can remember that wasn't mentioned. I did not throughly test vengeance...so I'm not what you are implying Selenis...does it only add Attack Rating and Crit now instead of Damage Boost +%?

(Anyways I'm qutting PT just this update was intriguing...)

Chislev
March 10th, 2010, 12:07 AM
Ok, let's take a deep breath and take this easy....

One by one i will try to check differences the best i can and with the previous references i've got here (PT Planner and other published skill stats, since the guide in suba's site only list the info for tier1 level 1...

Tier 1
Shield Strike: no change
Farina: no change
Throwing Mastery: @level 10 +50% boost instead of the old +36%
Bigger Spear: no change (sad, i love this skill)

Tier 2
Windy: Increased duration by 50%
Twisted Javelin: no change
Sould Sucker: Greatly increased the % of life stealing (it was 2% @ Lvl 1, now it is 10%)
Fire Javelin: Damage increased, @lvl 1 it was 10-20, now it is 20-30 (+LV/3)

Tier 3
Split Javelin: The AR penalty is now halved, at lvl 1 it was 20% now it is 10%. Damage boost remains the same.
Triumph Of Valhalla: Damage boost increased by 25% (it was +40 @lvl 10, now it is +50). Huge increase in duration, it is now 270 seconds @lvl 10 instead of the old 132 seconds :O
Lighting Javelin: no change
Storm Javelin: damage boost increased, @lvl 10 it is +76% instead of +64%. MP cost reduced to 59 instead of 62.

Tier 4
Hall of Valhalla: Increased evasion and duration (actually it has a decent duration now) @level 5 it was +13% evasion for 80 seconds, it now is +17% for 200 seconds.
X-Rage: no changes other than a miss translation in the description... it says "attacking rate" instead of "attacking power". I thoroughly tested it and i see no difference to what it was yesterday.
Frost Javelin: Major changes here. @lvl 1 the Added damage is now 40-50 (was 20-30). Speed decrease starts now at 7% (was 4%). Freeze time remains the same. Buff duration is doubled.
Vengeance: It now add critical % chances. I am uncertain about the lack of damage boost, it may just be the same translation error as in x-rage. I tried it and didn't had a noticeable difference. MP cost was reduced.

That about skills. Other than that, i am not completely sure, but i believe the MP/STM formula also changed, i've found myself using more potions than the usual today, but it may just be coincidence.

I'm not sure about this, to be honest i wasnt paying much attention to this before the patch, but i feel like if the absorb rating on mobs could have been seemingly increased now, even since all attacks deal more damage due to the increased skills, monsters seems harder to kill now. Again, it may just be an impression. I noticed the same thing when playing the archers...

Due to the repeated requests from MinkWarrior, they have enlarged our ata's boobs, so our atas cannot be called "boobless atas" anymore :evil: Nah, i'm just joking :p

Tomorrow will try to do this same job with archer skills....

Nnoitra
March 10th, 2010, 05:48 AM
@Chislev

-Fire javelin was already 20-30 dmg before the update
-Storm was already 59mp before the update at lvl 10
(these numbers are taken from ptcalc, i assume ti wa correct)

And whats the problem with veng? it gives 25% crit now on lvl 10 and has lower mp, only got better not worse....

5DMarkII
March 10th, 2010, 07:23 AM
is vengence give 100% att power any more or just add 25% critic?

SelenisAaargh
March 10th, 2010, 09:33 AM
is vengence give 100% att power any more or just add 25% critic?

all i can say is ven feels like a normal attack now, no punch to it.
dont know where chislev got his observation from...

but i also think absorb of all mobs became more... low mobs its not that noticeable at 9x but in i2 and hiher it is....

Chislev
March 10th, 2010, 10:13 AM
@Chislev

-Fire javelin was already 20-30 dmg before the update
-Storm was already 59mp before the update at lvl 10
(these numbers are taken from ptcalc, i assume ti wa correct)

And whats the problem with veng? it gives 25% crit now on lvl 10 and has lower mp, only got better not worse....

Well, as i said, i had to use the information from non official sources since our game provider does not have the skills properly detailed inthe game guides... Apparently the info on several blogs (to confirm my theory that no one would miss them is they are wiped out alltogether) is outdated as well. Thanks for the correction.

all i can say is ven feels like a normal attack now, no punch to it.
dont know where chislev got his observation from...

but i also think absorb of all mobs became more... low mobs its not that noticeable at 9x but in i2 and hiher it is....

Selenis, as i said, i am uncertain about it. I tried it on mobs in DS/s2/iron and didn't noticed a huge lack of "extra" damage, but it may be, or it may be not. The past weeks i've been in "training mode" with my ata, so i wasn't using vengeance at all, just spamming storm 10 all day... maybe you are huting and got a fresher memory about how the skill worked before the patch. I repeat, i am uncertain about the changes on vengeance, i think it will not be up to me to define the effects of these changes in that skill.

But yes, if it was effectivelly nerfed, yesterday will be remember as another dark day in the ata's history. The problem we got IF it was nerfed, Selenis, is that you and me will complain, and we both will do it out loud, but we know our environment, 99% of the other atas wont say a thing and we will end screwed again. Even worse, probably people from other classes will come talk BS at us and since no matter how many ask for justice, in this community when just one tells you s**t it seems to be enough to let the problem forgotten... just like happened the day when i asked to rebalance javelins to add the AR bonus like every other class weapons has... :ehh: bleh!

Nnoitra
March 10th, 2010, 11:28 AM
I believe veng only got stronger, ive been getting more drops in ET party, because i can now outdamage my partymembers

SelenisAaargh
March 10th, 2010, 12:08 PM
really?....
i dont know.... ill ask some one to test in bc how much damage exactly i do.
i still dont believe it really :/

maybe it wasa because i didnt use a force for the test...

i so hope ven wasnt nerfed and got this crit rate add on top!

Chislev
March 11th, 2010, 02:07 PM
I've been testing vengeance yesterday and today, both using and not using force, with and without buff. I can notice it is hittng strong, maybe stronger than before, but what i am noticing is that the second shot tends to miss a lot or just hit without doing any damage... Very strange behavior.

jhenmarie
March 11th, 2010, 05:35 PM
I'm surprised with the changes. :>;

SelenisAaargh
March 12th, 2010, 02:07 PM
I've been testing vengeance yesterday and today, both using and not using force, with and without buff. I can notice it is hittng strong, maybe stronger than before, but what i am noticing is that the second shot tends to miss a lot or just hit without doing any damage... Very strange behavior.

ive been observing that too! :ehh:
and i have to admit that my first observation about ven was indeed wrong
confirmed in BC ven still has the damage boost on top of everything else :)

Baaly
March 12th, 2010, 09:26 PM
yeh...

us atas r the hottest babes online atm :p

SelenisAaargh
March 12th, 2010, 11:10 PM
yeh...

us atas r the hottest babes online atm :p

well we always were :P
but now we're maybe not just there to look pretty :evil:

Aangy
March 13th, 2010, 01:35 AM