PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on FoN...

NoMoreOrange
March 11th, 2010, 06:08 PM
Since FoN got a boost with the patch I decided to try a new build, momentarily, and lvl FoN...

Already I am starting to question the usefulness of this skill. Most people I see who cast it has it at lvl 5-6 or so, which is currently 24-27 damage boost, which really isn't much to talk about. Even at 10, 39 dmg is still not much.
It gives a nice boost when used together with an atalanta casting ToV, but solo... it's negligible.

As for the boost it gives to falcon dmg, falcon damage isn't very high, and to lvl both falcon and golden falcon to lvls where they make any sort of difference would require sacrificing lvl 10 perforation and avalanche, of which at least perf is WAY more worth leveling.

Anyways, I'd very much like to hear any other opinions about this... particularly from anyone out there who ACTUALLY uses this skill.
I really don't get the people who keep it at lvl 2 or so and keep casting it... >.<

minkwarrior
March 11th, 2010, 08:49 PM
There wouldn't be enough skills points, for me that is, to allocate FON.
I mean my 4th tier build is comprised of:

lvl10 Wolverine
lvl5 Evasion Master
lvl10 Phoenix Shot
lvl0 Force of Nature

My attempt is to boost Evasion Mastery but i'll need to be lvl118 to do so.

I didn't allocate Force of Nature because I have Force Sheltoms to boost my attack power. As for using FON to boost your party i'd pretty much rely on Atalanta's TOV.

Pray
March 11th, 2010, 09:56 PM
There wouldn't be enough skills points, for me that is, to allocate FON.
I mean my 4th tier build is comprised of:

lvl10 Wolverine
lvl5 Evasion Master
lvl10 Phoenix Shot
lvl0 Force of Nature

My attempt is to boost Evasion Mastery but i'll need to be lvl118 to do so.

I didn't allocate Force of Nature because I have Force Sheltoms to boost my attack power. As for using FON to boost your party i'd pretty much rely on Atalanta's TOV.

Plus nobody in Ept will be 118 with in any reasonable amount of time, even with all the x5 in Valento, when midrana merges those players will still be much higher level than the Valento players.

Nelaima
March 18th, 2010, 09:47 PM
I think adding FoN is a good idea. Any damage boost can't be so bad, and it makes a difference: you seem to hit critical much more often - I know it doesn't look like it adds critical rating, need somebody else to help me test this out- and of course deals more damage. I could tell because right before the update it didn't make much of a difference, but it's really worth a test now.