PDA

View Full Version : The Legendary 1k Fuse

Superstarstrike
October 12th, 2016, 02:45 AM
I was bored. What do I do when bored? Math, apparently. Went over a lot of scenarios where 1k fuse is possible, as well as how high it can get in general. If I inspire any try-hard Musicians, I've gone too far this time.

In order to heal at least 1,000 MP with Transfusion Tune (and your target is NOT a Shaman with Ying-Yang Transform), you need at least:

Level 12 Transfusion Tune (650 base MP restored) <--it MUST be at this level
True Insturement - +20% <--manditory
Physical Gold Insturment - +20% <--manditory
Level 7 Soul Music - +14% <--MUST be at this level assuming you do not have any Musical Insturment Skill Charm

This should result in 1,001. Oh dear, odd numbers. Anyway, for level 12 Transfusion Tune and level 7 Soul Music, you will need skill scrolls for them. You will also need a skill scroll for Mystic Mantra level 16 since you need that to get lvl 12 fuse as well. All of this can be done while you're still level 70. However, you must also be level 72 for level 7 Soul Music. The physical golded true insturment is achieveable at level 65 though (True Secret Spike Zither anyone?).

That being said, can you do this on another level 65 support job (like Doctor), assuming you ARE a level 72 Musician? Keep in mind Soul Music's effect is halved on other jobs.

Level 11 Transfusion Tune (575 base MP recovery restored) <--The reason we use this level is because level 12 Transfusion Tune's penalty (http://domo.wikia.com/wiki/Skill#Level_penalty) is counted as if it were a level 73 skill, meaning it would only have 60% of its effect if you were level 65. Therefore, 11 is better (and safer).
True Insturment - +20%
Physical Gold Insturment - +20%
Level 7 Soul Music - 7% (since you are not on Musician)
Divine Musical Insturment Skill Charm - +10%
Assist Bug (Soul Music, if you get another Musician kind enough to use it) - 4%

With this, we can only get 925 MP restored. What if you're using it on a Shaman?

Level 5 Ying-Yang Transform - +10% <--Cannot be lower than level 5
Assist Bug (Ying-Yang Transform) - +4% <--without this, the Shaman in question will need to be level 72 for level 7 Ying-Yang Transform

This should result in 1,006. But this is only if another Musician and a Shaman use their Assist Bugs, while on a level 65 non-Musician support job (Doctor or Dancer). If you can't find another Musician to do this, then the Shaman will need level 7 Ying-Yang Transform for that missing 4%.

Now you for the big question: How high can Transfusion Tune recover?

Level 12 Transfusion Tune (650 base)
True Insturment - +20%
Level 7 Soul Music - 14%
Level 7 Ying-Yang Transform - +14%
Divine Musical Insturment Skill Charm - +10%
Assist Bug (Soul Music) - +4%
Assist Bug (Ying-Yang Transform) - +4%

The answer is...1,209! If you want to see that number, you and a friend need to rebirth! 8D On a non-Shaman Target? The answer will be 1,092.

Is 1,000+ fuse possible without ever having to rebirth? You're only losing 2% (4% in total if we count Shaman), but...

True Insturment - +20%
Level 6 Soul Music - +12%
Level 6 Ying-Yang Transform - +12%
Divine Musican Insturment Skill Charm - +10%
Assist Bug (Soul Music) - +4%
Assit Bug (Ying-Yang Transform) - +4%

The result is 1,183, so yes, even with level 11 Transfusion Tune (without assist bugs, it would be EXACTLY 1,000 since DoMO likes to round down!). But on a non-Shaman target? The answer is still yes, but you will defintely need a skill charm at that point, and your fuse will need to be level 12 again.

True Insturement - +20%
Level 6 Soul Music - +12%
Non-Divine Musical Insturment Skill Charm - +5%

Answer: 1,020

So in short, if you ever want to hit the big 4-digit fuse on a non-Shaman target, level 12 is a must, along with a physically golded true insturment and a Musical Insturment Skill Charm (divine or non-divine) unless you don't mind rebirthing for level 7 Soul Music. There should be enough values in this thread on skills and items that you can refer to if you want to see how much your own Transfusion Tune will do. I hope there were supports out there who were just as curious as I was.

Note: The % values are additive. After adding the % values, convert it into decimals and add 1. Then multiply that number with Transfusion Tune's base. (Following the last example: 650*1.57)

Small shoutouts to Aiya for hitting me with 1,196 fuses and Tiriel for discussing the possibility with me a long time ago even though neither of them play much anymore.

Meyera
October 12th, 2016, 09:13 AM
Level 12 Transfusion Tune (650 base MP restored) <--it MUST be at this level
True Insturement - +20% <--manditory
Physical Gold Insturment - +20% <--manditory
Level 7 Soul Music - +14% <--MUST be at this level assuming you do not have any Musical Insturment Skill Charm

Where is your proof that gold passives on instruments is 20%? Gold bonuses are 5%

Also, 1k fuse wouldn't do much for my 8k+ mp bar...

Bzkid1993
October 12th, 2016, 01:26 PM
Gold passives give different percentage increases for different effects. Something like an m-gold bow will only give an extra 5% physical skill damage, but a p-gold instrument should give 20% extra mp from fuse, as the bonus only affects fixed mp recovery given - in other words, it's only effective on fuse and mp medicines via merchant skill. And self-mp recovery skills, but a muse doesn't tend to run out of mp easily to begin with.

In general, bonuses that affect damage dealt give 5%, bonuses that affect damage received or healing give 10%, and bonuses that affect fixed effects only give 20%.

http://domo.wikia.com/wiki/Stat%20bonus

I'm more interested in the % bonus from skill charms, since that's really not well documented.

Superstarstrike
October 12th, 2016, 02:34 PM
I had to guess the values for the skill charms, since assuming they were exactly like their respective gold passives wasn't true when put into pratice (a normal insurment skill charm adding 20% made the numbers far too big).

But yes, not all gold bonuses have 5%.

Superstarstrike
October 18th, 2016, 04:39 AM
Fatal errors were made.

After further self-testing (and with a friend), the bonus of a true instrument is 10%, not 20%. The gold passive is still 20% though.

Bzkid1993
October 18th, 2016, 08:50 AM
On the bright side, divine musical instrument skill charms actually give 15% (tested using mule).

Superstarstrike
October 21st, 2016, 06:03 PM
Alright, let's redo some of the math. This time, with more accurate numbers. Let's list the numbers again for highest possible fuse and other things as references. I got various other musicians to help with this. In addition, I completely forgot to account for Lily's 61 special skill, Heavenly Voice.

Heavenly Voice - 10% from base only <--This number was difficult to try and document, because the % difference varied due to our fuse levels and soul music levels, but this was the closest we could conclude (as one result was the same with a normal charm + no lily, and with a lily + no charm). Anyway, base only means it doesn't factor in the other bonuses. Meaning you'd take 10% from the base fuse number, and add that result at the end of everything else. Domo math is weird like that.

True Instrument - 10%
Golded Instrument - 20%
Divine Charm - 15%
Regular Charm - 10% (use this only if you don't have divine)
Level 7 Soul Music - 14%
Level 7 Ying-Yang Transform - 14%
Assist Bug (Soul Music) - 4%
Assist Bug (Ying-Yang Transform) - 4%
Level 12 Transfusion Tune - 650

If all of that has been brought together (using divine over non-divine of course) and your fuse is level 12, it should result in 1,241, the highest fuse possible for now. Without the lily though, it would be about 1,176.

Can 1,000+ be reached without skill scrolls and/or rebirthing? Surprisingly, yes! The number would be 1,074. Without lily, 1,017. Though keep in mind, it won't be possible if you don't fuse a Shaman, and we know how popular that job is end-game. :troll: So realistically, you would be hitting up to 982 with non-Shaman factors considered. Time to get that level 12 Transfusion Tune skill scroll...

(The remaining factors are without Shaman for the sake of minimum results & realistic situations)

Okay, so let's say you are a god-like Musician but you don't own a lily nor have assist bugs on you (or you're simply too lazy to use them). Can you still reach 1,000+? Yes. You'd be hitting 1,033; 1,020 with level 6 Soul Music instead. So it's still possible to not have to rebirth.

On a similarly leveled Doctor or Dancer? Yes, but not without Assist Bugs (which you can't take advantage of on your own since you're on a different job) or a Lily. Otherwise you'd have 988. You can also forget about trying to reach 1,000 on magic group jobs (Wizard, Shaman, Sorcerer, & Witch Doctor) unless you're targeting someone with the Shaman passive. Finally, there is no way you can reach 1,000 on any other job, no matter how hard you try.