PDA

View Full Version : Southern Vermilion 101

Superstarstrike
October 25th, 2016, 12:27 AM
http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/1/1b/146Moltres.png/250px-146Moltres.png
Do you wish to take on one of the toughest challenges DoMO currently has to offer? You've come to the right thread. Be warned, for there will be a lot of bird poop.

Southern Vermilion's Lair is like Northern Turtle in the fact it's a full on 5-floor raid, but fire-themed instead of water-themed. Here's some things to keep in mind!

Almost everything is Fire element - So obviously you will want Water attack and Water defense. Ayyy, Northern Turtle drops Water Slay and a shield that has water defense! Secrets of the Water Spirit highly recommended. But Tower-Patrolling Spirits still exist and are still Water...
Annoying mini bosses - Ranging from high regeneration to random nukes to tons of firecrackers, each mini boss will be bound to make you upset.
High leveled monsters - This raid is also not a joke. Get high levels (68+ recommended) and/or be well geared.
Enslave your HLA tool again - If you're not using HLA pills here, you must be good.
Keep your DPS alive and well - Since they will be dealing the most damage, they will be the ones holding the boss aggro. Make sure they receive proper support.
Tons of (magic) damage - You might want to have good amounts of magic defense, via Dustpan Formation and Yang Frog for instance...

Don't feel pressured to finish as fast as possible; instead feel pressured to kite as much as possible.

Floor 1

Get someone to kite the Tower-Patrolling Spirits and possibly buff that person with Earth Spirits for the time being. Go to the left hall and kill the vicious Mega Mystery Mouse. Then go to the other side of the hall and kill the Giant Caskmaster and get lit for the rest of the raid. Both of these mini bosses can have surprising health regeneration, but also die relatively fast. If you struggle with these two though, chances are you can't do the rest of the raid.

Floor 2

MORE Tower-Patrolling Spirits! Yay! Same as before; get someone to kite them. Go to the left of the hallway and just drop any mob (or kill them) when you reach the large empty room. There's a Wicked Wolf Despot on this floor, but that can be ignored unless you want a bad onyx.

Start roasting the Vermilion Bird Servant Shadow. The only thing worth noting about it is the hot eggs it lays, which can explode after a while. But it's not often they explode. Even then, just have someone kite or kill them.

Floor 3

No, you're not imagining things. You're suffering from heatstroke just by being in this room. Every second or two everyone will be taking fire damage on this floor. So yes, if you don't have water defense, you're going to die much faster than everyone else. Luckily, there is this statue in the room that grants you a massive amount of HP, HP recovery recieved, and water defense. You're going to need it. Keep in mind this buff only lasts 45 seconds and the cooldown after that is 1 minute and 30 seconds.

Rune Firebird will be your main opponent, and anyone who is familiar with it should remember that it has massive nukes. Whatever you do, DO NOT move if you have the Black Fire Infusion buff on you, unless you want to kill yourself and the entire group. You can tell if it has been casted if Rune Firebird says "1, 2, 3, fire man. You move, people die."

Floor 4

Hmmm...nothing to kite, no heatstroke, just one boss enemy. This should be easy--OH MY GOD

Vermilion Bird Servant starts dropping bird poop firecrackers on top of players, and it can even teleport on top of a random player while doing this, turning this otherwise simple fight into a kiting nightmare. Firecrackers explode after 10 seconds and they WILL hurt. The closer it is to dying, the more frequently firecrackers spawn. This makes it virtually impossible for melee attackers (AKA attack speed DPS) to do their job properly. So here's how you can do this:

Everyone groups and kites clockwise or counterclockwise - This should concentrate most of the firecrackers into one area, allowing players to focus more and thus have less chaos. The explosion radius of the firecrackers aren't that big either.
Make one person hold aggro and everyone else tries to stay as far away as possible - I have yet to see this be done, but this is an idea for groups of people who are mainly attack speed. Make your TANKIEST attack speed hold the aggro, and make him/her have a water ring (just in case) and/or buff with Secrets of the Water Spirit (someone should be carrying this anyway...). Focus most of the heals on him/her and try to keep your distance so they don't have to take so many firecracker hits. Try it, idk how well it may work.
Just create utter chaos - If you don't care....

If anyone can come up with more ways for attack speed to succeed on this floor and the next, feel free to post.

Floor 5

Southern Vermilion has the same attack pattern as its servant. Yes, more firecrackers! He can also do a massive AoE like Northern Turtle, but instead of slowing your movement and attack speed, it is immediately followed with a DoT. So follow the same logic as the 4th floor, while running asap whenever he casts a giant blue warning circle. His attacks get stronger the lower on health he is.

I believe he may try to raise your metal defense (which cannot cover max level spirits) as well, so be very wary of that.

Also, like Northern Turtle, near-death he will summon Tower-Patrolling Spirits (I failed to mention this in my Northern Turtle guide). Have one of your strongest DPS AoE them, and have someone else Mega Medicine them so they keep focusing on killing the boss. Alternatively, have a tank kite them (if you brought one).

Finally, at his near-death phase he can also cast an auto attack reflect, just like miniboss 2 and 4. Yaaaaaay.

Once you have defeated Southern Vermilion, congratulations! Reap your rewards.

Closing

I hope this gives you an idea of what you're up against in this raid. There will be lots of flames and death, but with enough coordination and water, you too can succeed. Feel free to ask any questions~

http://static.pokemonpets.com/images/monsters-images-300-300/146-Moltres.png

I may be team valor but Zapdos is my favorite of the trio

Bzkid1993
November 2nd, 2016, 09:10 PM
After trying vermilion bird raid, I realized that both the Vermilion Bird Servant Shadow and the Vermilion Bird Servant have a normal attack reflect. I was hitting myself for about 1k per hit on the Servant Shadow and 2k per hit on the Servant. At max aspd, which is 3 hits per second. I have no idea what warning it has when it turns the reflect on (if any at all), and the only countermeasure I can think of is to stop attacking when you're dying really fast, and be useless for a bit.

So yeah, this raid isn't for aspd.

Bzkid1993
November 21st, 2016, 12:26 PM
Ok

It's possible for aspd to do this raid (but not really efficient). Here's what you need:

Water weapons - same as any other dps
Someone to handle adds - Aspds can't deal damage and kite at the same time, so somebody has to deal with adds on 1st, 2nd (if you opt to kite eggs), and 5th floors. Either a tank or an ss.
A support with purify - the normal attack reflect can be purified. Preferably the support will also have debuffs so that he/she can refresh after every purify.
Fast reflexes - odds are, unless your supports are normal attacking the boss instead of healing/buffing, you'll be the first to realize the boss turned reflect on. Btw, the animation is kinda like fff animation. When this happens, stop attacking immediately and ask for purify, or else you're dead.

Aspds can use the circle kiting method to deal with fireworks.

The method is risky though. If you "lag" (or if your reflexes are too slow) then there's a good chance you'll die to reflect. And because aspds are buff-dependent (much more so than ss) dying will make you kinda useless until you manage to refresh your buffs. Also, an aspd can't take aggro from a distance, so if somebody steals aggro from the main aspd while they're on top of 2-3 fireworks, your best bet is probably to let that person die and hope you can retake aggro before it gets too chaotic. If you have at least 1 ss who can maintain aggro, then the kiting gets a lot easier.

Superstarstrike
December 4th, 2016, 12:50 AM
From what we recently discovered, there is an indication of when the servants use their reflect.

It looks similar to when you cast Frog Forcefield on someone, but the color is red. Supports and aspd will have to pay attention to this animation that the birds cast so the timing of Purify is just right.

It would be a bad idea to turn off special effects in this raid.

GheyMang
December 4th, 2016, 01:39 PM
Ok

It's possible for aspd to do this raid (but not really efficient). Here's what you need:

Water weapons - same as any other dps
Someone to handle adds - Aspds can't deal damage and kite at the same time, so somebody has to deal with adds on 1st, 2nd (if you opt to kite eggs), and 5th floors. Either a tank or an ss.
A support with purify - the normal attack reflect can be purified. Preferably the support will also have debuffs so that he/she can refresh after every purify.
Fast reflexes - odds are, unless your supports are normal attacking the boss instead of healing/buffing, you'll be the first to realize the boss turned reflect on. Btw, the animation is kinda like fff animation. When this happens, stop attacking immediately and ask for purify, or else you're dead.

Aspds can use the circle kiting method to deal with fireworks.

The method is risky though. If you "lag" (or if your reflexes are too slow) then there's a good chance you'll die to reflect. And because aspds are buff-dependent (much more so than ss) dying will make you kinda useless until you manage to refresh your buffs. Also, an aspd can't take aggro from a distance, so if somebody steals aggro from the main aspd while they're on top of 2-3 fireworks, your best bet is probably to let that person die and hope you can retake aggro before it gets too chaotic. If you have at least 1 ss who can maintain aggro, then the kiting gets a lot easier.

Pretty much what you said Bz was my experience as well. Not having a good SS to tank and aggro the bosses and adds makes aspding verm near impossible, and it's still not efficient. It's hard to consistently attack the bosses as they're moving around as well. Having one or more supports dedicated to purifying and debuffing the boss can also be problematic.