14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 50.00%
  • No

7 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Redrafting the Buff-Botting Policy

Default Redrafting the Buff-Botting Policy

Currently, it is okay to buff bot at any time, except during an SP or Mothership. I've been told that players wanted to update/change the times that buff botting is allowed and when it is not allowed. If you'd like for the rules surrounding buffbotting to change, feel free to post what you would like to be changed.
    http://puu.sh/ws0iN/a6f48e12d9.jpg

Question: What if it's an SP but you buffbot while grinding? That is, you don't attend the SP and just grind as if the SP was never there but you don't go to war.

Old days had it where you had to town or log off your MG if PvP broke out in grind maps. Can you still buffbot during wars like that?

KING of Pandea chain 6 times
    KING of FF/RN chain 8 times
    CO-RULER of ANI 3/6/14~3/12/14, 3/27/14~4/2/14, 8/7/14~9/11/14, October 2017, November 2017, and January 2018!
    Most MS damage: 5/5/18
    ANI Chairman November 2018!

Gained immortality in 9/29/14
    Semi-retired/semi-active February 2015-July 2017; returned on July 22, 2017

Can't edit previous post, so I'll add more detail to the one before:

I'd personally want to see where and when it is explicitly allowed or not allowed to buffbot. I'd say that it should be allowed when grinding or boss farming but not for organized PvP (SP, MS, OP, event) or for item duplication (2:25 event, AFKing in SP/MS/OP for WP).

KING of Pandea chain 6 times
    KING of FF/RN chain 8 times
    CO-RULER of ANI 3/6/14~3/12/14, 3/27/14~4/2/14, 8/7/14~9/11/14, October 2017, November 2017, and January 2018!
    Most MS damage: 5/5/18
    ANI Chairman November 2018!

Gained immortality in 9/29/14
    Semi-retired/semi-active February 2015-July 2017; returned on July 22, 2017

Ban all MGs, lol
    Variabilis - lv110 IG
    _Grok_ - lv104 MG
    Vitrol - lv110 BG
    ANI

Teams op, pls nerf. I shouldn't have to town.
    Variabilis - lv110 IG
    _Grok_ - lv104 MG
    Vitrol - lv110 BG
    ANI

The problem is bots, not that it's ez enough a script can do it.
    Variabilis - lv110 IG
    _Grok_ - lv104 MG
    Vitrol - lv110 BG
    ANI

its easy to solve

add all buffs NPC

he gives you all buffs include A gear air siege (so u could not fly anywhere)

for 1 milion SPI

its fair price

wanna get buffed ? pay 1m and go.

buff bots need perma ban , same way as they banned slipknot for no reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by rainm4kr View Post
    ppl over Prelude roll their mouth way less then you guys do because we are actually having fun in game and not bored enough to raid the forum 24/7 so yea keeping waving your e-peen on the forum and we we will keep playing the game

Quote Originally Posted by Phiops View Post
    wenn du merkst das wird nix , zack fenster zu leck mich welt! xD

Exclamation

I dont think buffboting is such a problem since form ragings were cuted 1/2 for other gears. Well you definetly can see those alt MGs parked high alt on every SP but not that much in the wars ... definetly seen a MG cohing himself behind the enemy lines to the backdoor map.

But ... there is no way to get any proof on those cheaters.

Problem is using alt gears to gather WarPoints, that goes hand in hand with things said above.

I know there are many people, families who plays from one place so making it IP dependant is not a way but there has to be some sort of a solution. Definetly would help to take down sandboxie.

I am curently happy with buffbot policy as we can´t improve it and if you do make it more strict, you will not catch those cheaters anyway.

I mean GM needs the name of both gears ... thats the problem. I remmember older GMs were okay to know just one name and they were able to take actions.
    Last edited by Michier; December 1st, 2017 at 04:01 AM. Reason: typooooooooooooo
    Mkos - FLIGHT BRIGADE HAX - BCU

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/m8ch8/

Block the sandboxie, and solve 90% of the problems.

Quote Originally Posted by MhEy View Post
    Block the sandboxie, and solve 90% of the problems.
    You do realize this is practically impossible, right?

First, the developers would have to come up with a reliable means of detecting if the game was sandboxed. People then respond by modifying the sandboxed environment so slightly that the detection fails, or they patch the detection logic to ignore it.

Say they manage to pull it off, and Sandboxie no more. People spin up local VMs instead, or use separate computers.

The devs then decide that an arbitrary number of concurrent logins (say, 3) from the same IP address is indicative of alting. Bye bye LAN parties, and people intent on their shenanigans will use VPNs instead.

Or they could spin up Amazon EC2/Microsoft Azure/etc. instances in different datacenters all over the world and install the game client on each...

Any client-side security measures will always turn into a game of walls and ladders.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast