Thread: Magic Accuracy Breakpoints(Assumed)

Default Magic Accuracy Breakpoints(Assumed)

Testing was done via 75 Shaman at White Monkeys. Each value was tested a 10 times just to be certain. The numbers I list are the Floor numbers, Yes it is possible to hit more than what i list but it is not very often, usually only once or twice out of 10+ attempts, at which point I increase my test to 20 tries.

MACC Mobs Hit
    3-7 6
    8-18 7
    19 8
    20-31 9
    32-43 10
    44-61 11
    62-74 12
    75-84 13
    85-89 14
    90-97 15
    98-104 16
    114 17

There is still more testing to be done for 100+ MACC but it's highly doubtful that high MACC is going to be achieved in general leveling settings. Also, more testing is needed to be done on AT LEVEL mobs. I would assume that level gap/player MACC and mob MEVA all have a slight effect on the true mob hit count.

Note: The level of an AoE does NOT matter, only the MACC matters. Level 1 and Level 8 Shaman AoE were hitting the exact same amount of mobs.

Suggestion: Make the MACC value show up over 100 MACC please.
    IGN: DaathlyHero
    75 Everything. Maining Wizard atm. Artemis Set.
    Hat:HP 16, RedI 16, Def 16. Body: Earth 16, MPR 16, DEF 16. Pants: DEF 16, Earth 16, MPR 16. Glove: RedIII 16, RedI 16, MATK 16. Boots: RedIII 16, Red I 16, MATK 16.

And this is why it's rather ineffective to pull a ton of mobs (which takes too long by itself anyway) and AoE them, instead just pulling and kill a few at a time. Looking at ya'll Eversun Instance-Pullers taking the whole map.

On a more serious note, when I'm lvling I have 87 m.acc (I think), probably hitting about ~11 xtals at a time I wanna guess. So their m.eva is indeed making a slight difference (sounds logical too).
    Veigar's Alisu <3

Hmm, i guess we can assume that max AOE hit is 8 mobs in AOE party.
    (I believe someone said that in old thread)

P.S. Thanks for buying my restats o/

IGN : iroha "Overseer" (Lv 75 Wizard - Lv 70 Shaman Doctor Musician Dancer Sorcerer Witch Doctor)
    IGN : oriha (Lv 75 Blademaster - Lv 70 Thief Hunter Mercenary Witch Doctor)
    IGN : AceCocytus (stall) "Sovereign Abyss"
    IGN : Elegant.Sprite (Alchemy Helper)

You need to factor in two things, the magic evasion of the monster and the level difference bonus.

I am pretty sure the level difference damage percentage increase also boosts accuracy and magic accuracy by equal value. I would need to test.

I am confident the formula for magic accuracy is something along the lines of your magic accuracy minus the monsters magic evasion and then compared to a constant value to determine a percentage chance to hit. That percentage augmented depending on the number of enemies in the area of effect, running the algorithm to hit each monster starting from the closest and once you landed enough hits to reach the maximum for your magic accuracy value, all remaining monsters nearby don't get hit.

Skills also have a base modifying magic accuracy value, which i think is percentage base. Wizard skills have low accuracy. You get magic accuracy from wands and get lots of magic accuracy in teams, and I think the wizard AoEs have lower percentage accuracy for scaling purposes, hitting 16 targets with every AoE would be easy otherwise.

I may not be right, but I have a decent amount of knowledge of the game and these are pretty educated guesses.

Quote Originally Posted by 1roha View Post
    Hmm, i guess we can assume that max AOE hit is 8 mobs in AOE party.
    (I believe someone said that in old thread)
    I've heard the cap is 16 targets, but it takes a lot of magic accuracy and since it scales on a bell curve its pretty much impossible to go past that.
    Last edited by Meyera; August 23rd, 2017 at 05:45 PM.
    IGN: Meyera
    Guild: Illustrious
    Main Job(s):
    Dancer - subs: Witch Doctor-Blood Cure Poison + Wizard-Spellcasting
    Mercenary - Subs: Blademaster-Martyr Arts + Wizard-Spellcasting

Im talking about average aoe party, so i doubt anyone going foggy putting that much effort to cap m.acc

IGN : iroha "Overseer" (Lv 75 Wizard - Lv 70 Shaman Doctor Musician Dancer Sorcerer Witch Doctor)
    IGN : oriha (Lv 75 Blademaster - Lv 70 Thief Hunter Mercenary Witch Doctor)
    IGN : AceCocytus (stall) "Sovereign Abyss"
    IGN : Elegant.Sprite (Alchemy Helper)