Thread: Good class for a newbie? Tell me a bit about em. Also questions.

Question Good class for a newbie? Tell me a bit about em. Also questions.

Hi there, I am thinking of giving this game a shot,

Tell me a general bit of info about the various classes.

Can the priest classes solo decently enough? or are you forced to party all the time?

On a scale of 1-10 how pay2win is this game if you wanna do all content including pvp?

Any general advice?

Tips to make money?

Can I reuse a char name immedatly after I delete a char? I ask this cuz some kr/jp mmo's have this thing where it takes a week or sometimes never releases names.

Thanks All.

Didn't like the lack of responses so I'll try my best to answer the questions I can as a former player.

Quote Originally Posted by Sivera View Post
    Hi there, I am thinking of giving this game a shot,

Tell me a general bit of info about the various classes.
    Welp being a while since I played this game here's what I can remember:

-Moon Flame Envoy: Mage that nukes a lot, focuses on fire and water. Branches off from Wizard.
    -Galaxy Sage: A more utility and speed focused mage, focuses on air and earth. Branches off from Wizard.
    -Nova Sentinel: A "leader" type gunner that buffs their teammates and gives them forms. Branches off from Gunner.
    -Comet Marksman: Purely focuses on shooting with a skill with a range going as far as the eye can see. Branches off from Gunner.
    -Dawn Prophet: A mix of healing, debuffing, and fairly decent damage. Branches off from Priest.
    -Sun Commissioner: A pure healer. Branches off from Priest.
    -Solar Guardian: A freaking bruiser and tanky. Branches off from Knight.
    -Celestial Templar: A "leader" type knight that buffs their teammates, gives them forms, and supposed to be the tankiest. I don't know if this is still considered one of the weakest/most outclassed class in the game. Branches off from Knight.
    -Phantom Warlock: Pretty much the most versatile class in the game; has the qualities of a mage, healer, and knight through the forms it can transform to. Does not branch from any of those four classes, has a qualification that must be taken early on.

Can the priest classes solo decently enough? or are you forced to party all the time?
    As far as I'm concerned every class can solo decently enough in this game. Based off of experience Dawn Prophet can definitely do a fine job soloing.

On a scale of 1-10 how pay2win is this game if you wanna do all content including pvp?
    Giving this a 9 because unlike DoMO, certain pets here get absurd to the point where it affected PvE and PvP. The Pet Squad system (allowing you to summon up to four non-combat based pets at once, getting all their passive stat/skill effects) pretty much encourages that. Just pay up a bit and boom, you've dominated the game. It gets that extreme.

After a certain point, you will need cakes to feed your pets to get them to maximum power. It can take dozens of cakes and they're all cash shop exclusive.

There's also must-have craft items you get from there because getting good gear in this game has a very low natural chance of succeeding.

What prevents me from giving it a 10 is that I'm pretty sure gear itself isn't entirely paylocked. I can only pray this is still the case now.

If something is perfect, it doesn't exist. Therefore, we need to face reality and set expectations accordingly.

Games & IGNs:
    -Lucent Heart (Rikkardo, Moon Flame Envoy|DeadlyLoli, Nova Sentinel) -remaining inactive-
    -Dream of Mirror Online (Veigar, lvl 75 Wizard main) -active-

Just a Black Mage

Feel free to drop a question, though I am mostly limited to DOMO related content.

Sounds like I am giving LH a pass then, even more so when I seen the mutant for a female char design it has for the player chars. Don't get me wrong I don't mind spending a bit, but if the game is bascally going to force it down my throat like LH and DOMO i'll pass. Was told in Domo past 50 everyone starts to become a elitist dirtbag, which means a new player like me will get crapped on. Its just a proven example of what you need to properly balance the cash shop. I don't mind priston tales cash shop, only somewhat pay2win item is the ageing protection thing to prevent item from poofing on a fail past +5. The body costume is nice too, as it has its own slot. The rest mostly is just stuff to make early game easier, and I am glad for it (Speed boots to name one/costumes) as there are pretty much 0 new players at all. Game really could use a shot on steam. People have played worse.