Thread: Piercing Ice

Default Piercing Ice

Is there anyone try to use Piercing Ice 10 yet ?
    With its damage compare to MS 10, i think PI is the best 1v1 skill we can get to kill mobs in high level map.

From what I hear Prs is pretty bad in the 1v1 maps, MS just doesn't kill fast enough, and aoe is pretty much a nogo there. The major diff is how most other single target attacks get effected by Force buffs, however the mage/prs/probally shaman skills too do not get effected by it. Kinda unfair IMO. As they are based on spirit+weapon base damage. While this is great at low levels, since you'll aoe harder than most other classes as mage/prs, it sucks later on when your single target damage is just lacking and you can't easly boost it up like the physical attackers are. I think they can use Magic Sheltoms but they are REALLY rare compared to how common the normal ones are.

You also need to consider the mana cost of PI, for example on my 65 prs with the lv 40 quest weapon, my lv 10 ms can hit from 248-326 min if 2 hit, 372-489 if 3, hit and 496-652 if 4 hit. Btw lv 10 vigorball with my same stats/weapon does 308-416. So how many Ms's can you get in for that same mana. Looks like you can fit 3 almost 4 for 1 cast of piercing ice. Not to mention lv 10 PI will most likely have a after cast delay so it'll not be spamable either. I honestly think the prs/mage/shaman damange formulas for skills needs to be changed, so they hit harder and can match what any physical attacker can do with single targets. I did hear that the makers of PT don't seem to ever test how the classes work at 100+, because alot of the skills, like the summons seem extremly weak for how much health monsters start to have.

The Ata/Archer summon I feel is more used as a port-a-tank than actual damage, where as the priestess one would be more to help with offense and provide buffs.

A prs I was talking about was having a bad day, lost her aged stuff on a age attempt, and if that wasn't bad enough she also just can't seem to kill stuff in the 1v1 hunt maps. Well I am sure she can kill its probally just horrendosuly slow with the prs single target. People don't party her either, since they got their own Pocket prs usually, and all they want is the buffs.

As an example of the sheltom issue, Ata's X Rage has 160% bonus dmg at lv 10, now if I am right and I use a force thats +200 damage, I think that will add around 520 or so damage to that attack. Mage/prs/I think shaman, doesn't have a easly accessable version of that, so their damage falls off hard later on, and it gets worse the higher they go. Least this is how it seems to be to me anyway.

Wow you're so enthusiasm with prs I think. U are right, melee chars have much advantages than magic chars like prs/mgs/shaman. Finding magic force is hard I saw.

Besides, all map is now overwhelm of melee, and they actually don't want to party with prs/mgs, they have their mule for VL and many kinds of buffs.

Yeah.. thats kinda why I shelved my priestess on my main account, I may level one on a alt account, as with the event bosses its easy as hell to level these days. Even if they changed the damage formula to use spirit/1 insted of the usual spirit/8/6/4. it'd still not fix the problem, what would fix it is if it used their total attack insted of just weapon damage, this way normal forces would effect it. For stuff like multispark it'd only effect 1 spark.

It also bugs the hell out of me that if I wanna use proper armor for my Ata/archers level I have to kill my damage, its always seemed unfair to me. Since it only effects those 2 classes like that.
    Last edited by Sivera; October 13th, 2017 at 04:24 PM.

Priestess in sl, i can get by in hs mobs there if i use monster xtals but it's hard trying to kill just one monster by myself. I can manage two sometimes but hard to do. Priestess is a dead class now i think because alot of high level melee characters have one for buffs and no need to party a solo priestess anymore. I think most high levels have a priestess, mage, sharman, archer and use them for buffs in high maps. Priestess is good to level your characters with and good at events. I have a high level pike coming up and that helps me with him using my priestess as buff. Not much anything else besides a buffer sorry to say.
    Last edited by KirbysoftLBjeW6; October 18th, 2017 at 03:43 PM.
    Level 114 - Priestess - GrandDutches
    Level 110 - Pike - sampson
    Clan Grind4Life former member
    Clan OhxR Former member

You right, but sad. I really love my Prs, little lovely girl.

Hope in the future we'll have a new rebalance, or new formula damage for magic char

Quote Originally Posted by Iam4rever View Post
    You right, but sad. I really love my Prs, little lovely girl.

Hope in the future we'll have a new rebalance, or new formula damage for magic char
    Yeah at least make some of her skills work for undead in higher maps and a little more aoe on skills would help. Not asking to be strong as a melee character but being useful other then a buffer would be nice addition to a priestess and make her a sustainable character to use in higher maps. It would not hurt to have a more robust priestess that could kill on her own and survive such places in higher maps. With a little imagination and some thought she could be awesome. As of now nobody wants a priestess that can kill on her own and the fact she is the way she is. Nobody wants the morion race of magic to be equal to a melee which is understandable and i agree with that myself but like i said the way the priestess is now nobody would want one other then using for a buff. She hasn't a role anymore being a help mate to her friends or clannies when so many others have a priestess to use for buffs so she is on her own in higher maps if that is your main character. No worries it's what i call the madness of the game. If you don't like her the way she is go to a melee character and problem solved. An easy fix but with alot of grinding to get another character back up to yours. Either way you will have a buffer if nothing else. I wish it was a little different myself too but it is what it is.
    Level 114 - Priestess - GrandDutches
    Level 110 - Pike - sampson
    Clan Grind4Life former member
    Clan OhxR Former member