Thread: Cryptocurrencies as a Payment Method for SP (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin)

Lightbulb Cryptocurrencies as a Payment Method for SP (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin)

Hello Suba and community,

Today I would like to suggest being able to use cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin as a payment method for SubaPoints. Cryptocurrencies offer a robust, simple, and secure way to pay for goods over the internet worldwide. With large groups such as the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance interested in the technology, I believe that it is safe to say that cryptocurrencies, such as Ethereum, are here to stay.

There are many ways to accept cryptocurrencies as payment. Customized in house coding solutions can be implemented over time, however, to start quickly there are many 3rd party businesses that offer a way for merchants to accept cryptocurrencies. One of these businesses is Coinbase. Coinbase easily allows merchants to transfer cryptocurrencies into CAD for a 1% fee. Coinbase also offers the ability to keep some of the accepted payment as cryptocurrency.

I feel that this could be a great opportunity for Suba to help lead the charge in cryptocurrency adoption and to benefit long term from this fledgling technology. I would like to also hear the communities opinion on this subject. Ultimately, it is up to everyone here as a community to use this as a payment method for our beloved video games to make it worth Suba's time to accept cryptocurrencies for SP.
    Last edited by JemnianyY25583l; November 24th, 2017 at 08:35 PM.