Thread: Interested in getting involved in the modding.

Default Interested in getting involved in the modding.

Having been back less than a week now after having possibly a near 10 year break, was completely un-aware the game still existed, I tried finding it several years ago only to find PT2 had just launched, tried it, it sucked, gave up assumed this had been shut down. Now having found it completely by accident and to find my account still exists, super happy!
    Having seen a lot of things have changed, been happily making my way to 100,
    Now seeing there's lots of cute little things that can be graphically tweaked client side I'm quite curious in getting hands on and involved with this.
    Graphically not concerns there, looking over the mods already released etc, I am following the concept of what needs to be done etc. I am however having a little difficulty finding a suitable way of opening and editing the smd files, Could someone point me in the right direction please?

First you want to get the smd into a readable formate like ase.
    Then you can use the ase plugin to open the model in 3ds max.

Looky here: http://forum.ragezone.com/f399/sandu...verter-736316/

ok excellent starting point, next thing I would like to ask is how the pristontool is toggling flags on and off, as its sorely in need of an update, given the simplicity of how modifying and adding flags etc is, making a new executable that does this is not beyond the realms of my expertise so I may look into that also

Think i may be missing something, Im really struggling with this converter its failing to read any files regardless of directory and pathing its provided

I joined the discord server earlier btw waiting for approval
    Last edited by phantom0165; November 25th, 2017 at 07:41 AM.

Just open the program and drag the smd file into it.
    Being command prompt, it does not handle spaces in the folder/file path well.
    So make sure there are no spaces in the names of the folder path or file name.

c:/smd-conversions/cheese.smd <-- Will Work
    c:/smd conversions/cheese.smd <-- Won't Work

Never mind, I realised what i was "missing" it wanted an output path *smacks forehead*
    Biggest issue i am having now is the import plugin is not prepared to co-operate with 3ds max 2017, it comes with an ascii export plugin that i am assuming will work. in the list of plugins to load I cant find a suitable alternative, getting a module error when manually trying to load both the plugins on that thread. having read through a bit it seems they were compiled using a now defunct software version of ms run times that were obselete some 6 years ago or so let alone now.
    following the advise of one post saying to have the export plugin in the stdplug and the import in the plugin directory generated an even nastier error

3dserror2.jpg

I am fairly certain its due to a too recent version of sdk that its not liking the 2012 version dli from your updated post on there.
    (having the 2017 version for free on a 3 year "student" license lol)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by phantom0165; November 26th, 2017 at 03:46 AM. Reason: wrong ss

Nah, get 2012, plugin doesn't work in newer versions.
    It's a miracle we managed to get a 2012 plugin working.
    Before we were using 3ds max 7/8 horribly buggy and ****.

Old ass game mate.
    Last edited by SunnyZ; November 26th, 2017 at 04:02 AM.

Hi Phantom! Welcome back and I am glad to see another modder on the scene.

Okies, Ill get onto finding a not so legit source later during maintenance, (vpn I have isn't so stable/compatible with using crystals in-game)

I was looking into the work on buffs someone else did, think it was bob? Obviously I will end up going through and converting all the files and seeing what is there to work with, but can you give me a general number region of files to be looking at for the buff animations etc to save me some time?

nvm, found the relevant directory
    Last edited by phantom0165; November 27th, 2017 at 03:30 AM.

got exactly the same error trying to load the updated plugin with 2012 version..... *smacks head against wall*