Thread: Mage another improvement

Default Mage another improvement

I want to suggest some improvement plan for mages family.
    1. New heavenly accessories for enhancing spells, let's call it Yin Yang Orb that gives +10 to all elemental attack. +10 value is decent I think, not too overpowered and it can't be abused by phys DPS. It gives same value as level 1 elemental Sprite. Still useful for Hunter that have completed elemental weapon and Sprite (like the rich Vela ) but their elemental attributes is capped mostly.
    It isn't better than Shang Yang Tears, just for novelty and has a wide application both for Hunter and MDPS.
    2. Assist bug and Secret Skills Bug for Sorcerer. Looking forward nice and creative effect to make Sorcerer more appealing Personally I suggest [4% Magical Damage Strengthen + 4% Reduced Magical Damage Taken] for Assist bug. And probably some kind of non elemental aoe damage with m.atk+m.def debuf for Secret Skills bug.
    3. Raise magic damage cap please
    4. A good onyx lv 60+ weapon on slot 2 or 4 I guess o.o

That's it. Please put constructive feedback only without sodium

IGN : iroha "Overseer" (Lv 75 Wizard - Lv 70 Shaman Doctor Musician Dancer Sorcerer Witch Doctor)
    IGN : oriha (Lv 75 Blademaster - Lv 70 Thief Hunter Mercenary Witch Doctor)
    IGN : AceCocytus (stall) "Sovereign Abyss"
    IGN : Elegant.Sprite (Alchemy Helper)

Quote Originally Posted by 1roha View Post
    Please put constructive feedback only without sodium
    good luck with that

1. This item may as well be a metal enhancer. When multiple elemental values are tied, it uses the highest element based on the following list: metal, wood, earth, water, fire. Therefore, metal would always be the primary element unless you had other sources of elemental attack. I feel like you're imagining this as if it would boost all the elemental spells at once, when it really won't.

It would actually be used by physical DPS frequently enough even knowing their value would already hit the soft cap via weapon + sprite as they actually don't have a damage enhancing heavenly accessory.

2. I've personally asked for this a year ago. Nothing has been done.

3. We've asked for higher caps via better base damage or adding magic attack amplification. Softstar is apparently "too concerned" to do this.

4. Slot 2 onyx I could probably agree with, but the HP/MP recovery slot 4 onyxes are must haves on any weapon.

If something is perfect, it doesn't exist. Therefore, we need to face reality and set expectations accordingly.

Games & IGNs:
    -Lucent Heart (Rikkardo, Moon Flame Envoy|DeadlyLoli, Nova Sentinel) -remaining inactive-
    -Dream of Mirror Online (Veigar, lvl 75 Wizard main) -active-

Just a Black Mage

Feel free to drop a question, though I am mostly limited to DOMO related content.

I never tested that as well whether multiple elemental value work together in spells, but frost never said dominant elemental attributes worked in terms of spell. So I fall into assumption that spell work with any elemental value you have. If that's the case, enhancing magic spell from shaman/wizard with various elemental property in last patch would be less interesting (since you can only invest certain spell, fire spell for example)

IGN : iroha "Overseer" (Lv 75 Wizard - Lv 70 Shaman Doctor Musician Dancer Sorcerer Witch Doctor)

My understanding is that if you have elemental attack matching the spell's element, it will be added to the spell's element even if it's not the highest elemental attack you have. In this case the suggested item actually would be a boost to elemental attack for all spells as well as change your normal attack to metal.

As stated, however, it will still benefit physical dps more.

Sodium, atomic number 11, was first isolated by Peter Dager in 1807. A chemical component of salt, he named it Na in honor of the saltiest region on earth, North America.

Quote Originally Posted by DOMOAKFrost View Post
    My understanding is that if you have elemental attack matching the spell's element, it will be added to the spell's element even if it's not the highest elemental attack you have. In this case the suggested item actually would be a boost to elemental attack for all spells as well as change your normal attack to metal.

As stated, however, it will still benefit physical dps more.
    I can confirm it applies the element similar to the spell. I have a wand with 60 fire and 30 metal, and both my metal and fire spells are boosted (Snow Shower and Scorching Scroll). This could perhaps be that it adds the 30 metal to the base of Snow Shower and it exceeds the 60 fire. I have not tried spells like Rolling Thunder to see if both are amplified at the same time, nor do I know how much element is in Rolling Thunder.
    IGN: Meyera
    Guild: Illustrious
    Main Job(s):
    Dancer - subs: Witch Doctor-Blood Cure Poison + Wizard-Spellcasting
    Mercenary - Subs: Blademaster-Martyr Arts + Wizard-Spellcasting

Quote Originally Posted by Meyera View Post
    I can confirm it applies the element similar to the spell. I have a wand with 60 fire and 30 metal, and both my metal and fire spells are boosted (Snow Shower and Scorching Scroll). This could perhaps be that it adds the 30 metal to the base of Snow Shower and it exceeds the 60 fire. I have not tried spells like Rolling Thunder to see if both are amplified at the same time, nor do I know how much element is in Rolling Thunder.
    https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=93314

Sodium, atomic number 11, was first isolated by Peter Dager in 1807. A chemical component of salt, he named it Na in honor of the saltiest region on earth, North America.

Here's where I don't get it then: Do the mixed values have to be from the same source type (in this case, a weapon)? While doing Chess Elder, the Spirit of the Fallen Rabbit Army can give you a 100 Wood attack (de)buff. Without a sprite, my fire wand gives me a value of 90 fire attack. Scorching Scroll should add 25 fire. Even while that passes the 100 soft cap, the resulting value should be 106, which is higher than 100.

By this logic, my Scorching Scroll should still have been boosted during the (de)buff, but the damage actually dropped significantly. Keeping my sprite up where my default fire attack is 135, the boost remains regardless. There must be something I'm not understanding then. Would I be better off testing in a more controlled environment with a wand with mixed elements?

I'm not opposed to the idea of an accessory with all the elemental attacks, but I still cannot confirm that spells of different elements can be boosted at the same time.

If something is perfect, it doesn't exist. Therefore, we need to face reality and set expectations accordingly.

Games & IGNs:
    -Lucent Heart (Rikkardo, Moon Flame Envoy|DeadlyLoli, Nova Sentinel) -remaining inactive-
    -Dream of Mirror Online (Veigar, lvl 75 Wizard main) -active-

Just a Black Mage

Feel free to drop a question, though I am mostly limited to DOMO related content.

Another idea, this should be 5th point.
    5. Remove penalty on Sorcerer passive. So it can be used at full potential in another job o3o (20% Magic output and 100% mp at most)
    6. Err not related to mage but can you change solid defense buff effect to match frog force field instead? Having box under your feet is lame (reminding me of Nozaki)

This one is kinda BIG, well

7. Improving shaman elemental spell to apply boosting to next spell, according to Wu Xi elemental theory.

We know so well that several mobs immune to elemental shift (including Boss).
    Elemental shift kinda make mdps super powered (It doubles magic output with correct rotation!) so yeah if its used against Boss, its gonna doubled what mdps currently do average in mostly raids
    Not to mention it can be abused by phys dps as well.

Here is another rotation applied with shaman elemental rotation.
    While applying debuff (+elemental defense to target) which is sometime negated.
    It applies self-buff elemental attack based on Wu Xi theory!

For example: Snow Shower (metal) apply +30 metal defense to target, and +30 water atk to yourself!

So, current elemental shift is Metal > Fire > Water > Earth > Wood > Metal
    Alternative shift is Metal > Water > Wood > Fire > Earth > Metal

Some point need to be taken:
    1. Non matching elemental atk, wont affect your spell. So if you use Metal and then Fire, +water buff wont have effect
    2. Only shaman spell apply to this improvement
    3. The buff doesn't stack with Wizard Spirit and Fencer AoE. They are still superior (means the shaman buff will always be overwritten)
    4. This rough idea need some adjustment as well.