Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some help with my build

Default Some help with my build

Hi everyone,

im new in this game but have played luna online before.

I tried to see some builds here in the forum about the monk class but everyone was saying is not worth,
    but the last subjects about it is for the last year, so i was hoping that maybe is worth right now.

What i'm looking exactly is a way to use monk or inquisitor in my build,
    i want to do a necro and the options i thoght were:

Wizard - Monk - Bishop - Necromancer or
    Wizard - Sorcerer - Inquisitor - Necromancer

I know the second option doesnt have any supportive skill and im more inclined to do the first,
    but i want to know some opnions to help decide.

Thx in advance.

monks are up close magic, which is a little weird since magic is traditionally ranged, so in a way, they're roughly a tank version of a magic using rogue. either way, if its support you're going for, there's 2 basic things i've learned. first, mp/hp recovery is going to help you last/survive longer either solo or party, and second, depending on whether you're doing physical or magic damage.

with physical damage you'll focus GEAR towards strength and dexterity , and despite what older guides (all of them copy pasted for OLDER versions) say, the actual values, and what is dependent on them, is as yet unknown, at least to me. They are NOT one point as advertised.

magic users are going to want to focus GEAR towards intellect and dexterity . the confusion with dexterity is how its multiple value s are divided up and weighed. if you're an old school gamer like myself, dexterity adds up to dodge, critical damage/rate and attack speed, so its more of a modifier to physical or magic damage than direct damage itself.

hope that helps you with your decision, and whenever you get mixed up, hit your character button at the bottom and click any class in the class change trees to look at their skills as an indicator which direction you want to go.
    Last edited by Whymewhyno0rP3M; January 23rd, 2018 at 02:29 AM.
    What's YOUR Game Music?

I'm playing a monk myself just because i used to play monks, inqs and such as well. And indeed a real lot has changed. Criticals chances is noticable smaller, light armor cannot be used any longer, the important physical defense buf Armor Link is gone.

That said, i'm 55 now and i can say so far it's going ok, though i've to set out all sails to see if i can manage not dragging my food consumption let me loose cash. There are 2 ways for a monk to play cause of it, or u use blue coins to sell so u can eat and u can attack like everything. Or u play more like a sorcerer had to level back in the old game. U need to step back so now and then to do get the xp but not to eat to much.

Now the road to discuss which i've been thinking of myself a lot as well and actually still am not absolute clear about what my own will be.

If u want to become a necromancer 1 thing is for certain u'll need to catch up as much as physical defense and u can, cause it already will lack against what u used to have in the old luna. And i can tell u the next, in this luna, the mobs hit harder.
    A necromancer's biggest advantage always has been to be able to sololy aoe. If this will be actually possible in this luna version still has to been found out. One thing is for certain, for me that is, there's only two routes left what has a chance.

Wiz->Priest->Inquirer->Necromancer: Has the most pdef:
    Priest lvl 1 shield gives: 956.8 pdef
    Monk's robe expertise lvl 5 gives: 2996.0 pdef
    Bishop's lvl 3 shield gives: 2850.4 pdef
    Inquirers robe expertise lvl 10 gives: 8481.0 pdef

Which means priest->inq results in a total pdef of: 9437,8
    Sorcerer has no pdef advantage and will only gain inq's advantage: 8481.0 pdef
    While Monk->Bishop only results in: 5846,4
    Which is a difference of: 3591,4 pdef when u reach necromancer.
    That's a lot !

If u now consider the sorcerer->inq->necromancer route u get two handed staff training. U get 1% more magical attack from being sorcerer. U will only lack 1k pdef. My expectation is that the advantage of the power will overcome the lack of roughly 956.8 pdef, specially cause in this game the statistics really run up quick.
    At lvl 40 1k pdef seems a lot, my assumption is that around lvl 100, we'll be talking about 1 or 2 % pdef difference.

So if u still would consider to go necromancer, my final conclusion of what i've analyzed myself so far is that.
    Wiz->Sorcerer->Inquirer->Necromancer or Wiz->Priest->Inquirer->Necromancer are the roads to take. Sorcerer route will be slightly weaker but will hit harder. Though i can't promise u'll be able to sololy aoe at 100.
    And if that's not possible, luckely in this game version u can change class (even if it costs a lot, at least it can be done).
    Last edited by SireniapinEX3F1; January 23rd, 2018 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SireniapinEX3F1 View Post
    I'm playing a monk myself just because i used to play monks, inqs and such as well. And indeed a real lot has changed. Criticals chances is noticable smaller, light armor cannot be used any longer, the important physical defense buf Armor Link is gone.

That said, i'm 55 now and i can say so far it's going ok, though i've to set out all sails to see if i can manage not dragging my food consumption let me loose cash. There are 2 ways for a monk to play cause of it, or u use blue coins to sell so u can eat and u can attack like everything. Or u play more like a sorcerer had to level back in the old game. U need to step back so now and then to do get the xp but not to eat to much.

Now the road to discuss which i've been thinking of myself a lot as well and actually still am not absolute clear about what my own will be.

If u want to become a necromancer 1 thing is for certain u'll need to catch up as much as physical defense and u can, cause it already will lack against what u used to have in the old luna. And i can tell u the next, in this luna, the mobs hit harder.
    A necromancer's biggest advantage always has been to be able to sololy aoe. If this will be actually possible in this luna version still has to been found out. One thing is for certain, for me that is, there's only two routes left what has a chance.

Wiz->Priest->Inquirer->Necromancer: Has the most pdef:
    Priest lvl 1 shield gives: 956.8 pdef
    Monk's robe expertise lvl 5 gives: 2996.0 pdef
    Bishop's lvl 3 shield gives: 2850.4 pdef
    Inquirers robe expertise lvl 10 gives: 8481.0 pdef

Which means priest->inq results in a total pdef of: 9437,8
    Sorcerer has no pdef advantage and will only gain inq's advantage: 8481.0 pdef
    While Monk->Bishop only results in: 5846,4
    Which is a difference of: 3591,4 pdef when u reach necromancer.
    That's a lot !

If u now consider the sorcerer->inq->necromancer route u get two handed staff training. U get 1% more magical attack from being sorcerer. U will only lack 1k pdef. My expectation is that the advantage of the power will overcome the lack of roughly 956.8 pdef, specially cause in this game the statistics really run up quick.
    At lvl 40 1k pdef seems a lot, my assumption is that around lvl 100, we'll be talking about 1 or 2 % pdef difference.

So if u still would consider to go necromancer, my final conclusion of what i've analyzed myself so far is that.
    Wiz->Sorcerer->Inquirer->Necromancer or Wiz->Priest->Inquirer->Necromancer are the roads to take. Sorcerer route will be slightly weaker but will hit harder. Though i can't promise u'll be able to sololy aoe at 100.
    And if that's not possible, luckely in this game version u can change class (even if it costs a lot, at least it can be done).
    At bit more of my thoughts, if u consider monk->bishop->necromancer still as route. It will not contain two handed staff training,
    allthough it does contain wizardy lvl 3. Which are netto about equal. U'll get screwed spell (which is assumed to be flawed) which speeds your spells up by 7%, u do get 1 handed training instead, which if there are magical attack mobs at 100 will actually be the thing u'll be using. Cause in this game version shields supply magical defense (alot of it!). And u'll have holy barrier.
    But if the 100s are anything like they used to, there won't be magical attackers on that levels and u would like 2 use a 2 handed weapon instead. But if it turns out in this game around 100 does mean we're bugged by magical attackers suddenly monk->bishop->necromancer is not that bad anymore, allthough u still will lack some important physical defense.

In case of magical attackers, the priest->inq->necromancer will also have some one handed staff training and will be better then the sorcerer->inq->necromancer route cause of it.

To sum it all up:
    No magical attackers:
    Sorcer->Inquirer->Necromancer: almost all the pdef u can get, from the pdef routes the strongest, no holy barrier.
    Priest->Inquirer->Necromancer: all the pdef u can get and some other helpfull small bufs plus holy barrier.

Magical attackers:
    Priest->Inquirer->Necromancer: all the pdef u can get, u've an advantage having one-handed staff training, pdef route strongest plus holy barrier:
    Sorcer->Inquirer->Necromancer: a bit less pdef, no one-handed staff training, no holy barrier
    Monk->Bishop->Necromancer: least pdef of them all, maximum one-handed staff training, some helpful bufs, longest holy barrier.

If u're not into taking a bet whether there will be magical attackers or not, i believe Priest->Inquirer->Necromancer is the safest to take.
    Last edited by SireniapinEX3F1; January 23rd, 2018 at 08:33 PM.

are you saying there is armor expertise in luna online reborn post steam from suba? where would one find that and at what level? i hadn't seen any indication of it in class skill trees, which makes me further question how current or valid this information is, to this version of the game.
    What's YOUR Game Music?

Quote Originally Posted by Whymewhyno0rP3M View Post
    are you saying there is armor expertise in luna online reborn post steam from suba? where would one find that and at what level? i hadn't seen any indication of it in class skill trees, which makes me further question how current or valid this information is, to this version of the game.
    Monk, Inquirer and Soul Arbiter get robe expertise.
    If u go look in one of these 3 class guides u'll see this passive skill is there. The information above is as current as i can make it, it's valid as well.

Accusing me of just throwing in old data of the old luna game, well it's just rude.
    Besides this answer makes me wonder how good u've studied your class guide yourself, as u missed the robe expertise at all.

P.S. Do your own homework before u acuse someone else of not doing theirs.
    Last edited by SireniapinEX3F1; January 24th, 2018 at 07:11 AM.

you're right, but i wasn't accusing you of anything. its' just that a lot, and i mean a LOT of information not valid to this version has been getting reposted, FROM reposts. i did go back and check, and made a self correction in another thread.
    Last edited by Whymewhyno0rP3M; January 27th, 2018 at 09:30 PM.
    What's YOUR Game Music?

Thank u so much guys, that helped a lot i think i'll be using the Sorcer->Inquirer->Necromancer path sounds more like what i want to play.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Gaeliel View Post
    Thank u so much guys, that helped a lot i think i'll be using the Sorcer->Inquirer->Necromancer path sounds more like what i want to play.
    Is what i'm making with my alt now as well.

Turns out i was right about the pdef 100+.
    If u take the highest gear now available (body, gloves, helmet) u roughly get 21.753 + 22.291 + 39.993 = 84.037 from unplussed gear.
    We all know high enough it even doubles. So just let's assume we work with +85% plussed (somewhere +7/+8) we already would have more then 150k pdef on lvl 113. The pdef of inq would make around 5.5% of your total pdef, without even considering the vit amount around that level. So at end we're talking about 4% what u win taking the inq route on 113+. So indeed the 1k from priest is neglecatible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast