Thread: Headless/Invisible Avatar

Unhappy Headless/Invisible Avatar

I spent five and a half hours downloading and installing MAT yesterday.

Today I played it and my default avatar was either missing its head,
    or when I tried on outfits in the mall my avatar can't be seen (although the gun can).
    Also I couldn't see all of the avatars either, one of the AI bosses was invisible and another user's avatar took a while to load.

I downloaded (and installed) the latest patch, but it said "some of the update has failed" and told me to restart the game.

When I restarted the game, I still had the same problem.

I meet all the minimum requirements for the game.
    DirectX is version 12.

How can I fix this issue?
    Last edited by SThorne2; January 2nd, 2018 at 10:38 AM. Reason: fixing typo

Hi, regarding your issue this sounds like a graphics card problem. Also, are you gaming on a laptop?

I've had an issue as you described and I had tested it on multiple mid range gaming laptops, and my avatar could not be seen, and I would have random moments where the colour changes. However, this do not occur on my gaming pc(s)
    Last edited by Jazzyjaz1; January 2nd, 2018 at 11:06 AM.
    My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of MAT GM's or subagames.com

@Jazzyjaz1: I am using an all-in-one PC.
    Also, the colours do not change on my screen. I don't know if that's helpful to you or not...

Alright, it could be the fact that it is an all in one PC, assuming it's one of those weak builds, but I wouldn't point fingers to it straight away.

I would suggest trying the following:

Locate where the game is installed on your drive, assuming it is on your C Drive, copy and paste this: C:\Suba Games\MATonline you will see an application called MAT Repair, I want you to run that once; check if the issue is still there. If it is still present, run it again, as an admin and check. If the problem is still present, I want you to go in game, and join any room, and press the "o" key, this will set your games graphics to the lowest possible (not including res).

Edit: Check in full screen as well, if you have not already done so.
    Last edited by Jazzyjaz1; January 2nd, 2018 at 11:19 AM. Reason: edit

@Jazzyjaz1: It hasn't finished and so far I already have 4 instances of

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Suba Games\MATonline\MATrepair.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
    Please contact the application's support team for more information."

Hmm, try running the game, just to check what's it like now.

@Jazzyjaz1: I tried to wait until the MATrepair was done, but it's stuck on " 11/15 " and " 92.03% "

So I started the game anyway as you asked, and it crashed. Then I tried it again and I logged in but I still have the same issue with the avatars.

Hmm, I'm completely stumped, I would say it's safe to point fingers at the graphics card.

@Jazzyjaz1: Okay. Thank you.

@SThorne2

The solution is pretty simple doe, i cannont find the english version of this video... but im almost sure your mat will run normally after this.

Step No1 Disable the GPU Label: in game Settings.
    Step No2 Play MAT

Here is a video about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sP0WAFU6qE
    Is me... Moshy