Thread: Its a pity that non class appropriate armors are disabled now

Default Its a pity that non class appropriate armors are disabled now

i am really saddened to see this change happen.
    i was pretty damn disappointed that during the skill revamp the light armor expertise was removed from the monk class path but fine, i guess, changes need to be made people can adapt and make new builds work. its something i can live with.

but this???
    i mean seriously? just because there is a couple of dimwits out there that cant even check their stats properly figure it out that they get physical defense penalty for wearing non class appropriate armors, now the rest of us that actually has some brains, cant opt to wear different, non class appropriate armors at all??? even for cosmetic reasons in towns, or like while farming and fishing and such???

well.... thanks a lot...

i dont think this was a smart move. unless there is a plan to include an npc that exchanges gears for costume gear with the same character model with no stat bonuses in the aforementioned upcoming cosmetic update.

does noone else feel bothered by this?

This complaint was made since the very beginning about fighters and rogues getting no penalty for wearing robe boots when it comes to pvp, while if a mage wears plate or leather, the same thing doesn't happen. I don't think any changes will be made to it tbh with you, but it is one small thing that's always bothered me too.

i am not sure if you understood me right.
    now you don't get penalty, you just simply cant put it on. and that is what bugging me.
    i understand that what you wear has much greater implication in pvp, but since i am not involved in that i wasnt having much oversight on that aspect. since i arrived the penalty was present and i settled with the thought if i dont want to be eaten by the mobs i will wear class specific armors, which is robe in my case since i am mage. but due to my desired class path i need to use human mage... which i dont find visually too appealing in robe armors. therefore i preferred to traverse the land, farm, fish, and idle in town while equipping a lower lvl leather armor, which i was finding more visually compelling. but since the last patch. i cannot... at all whatsoever equip a leather armor in any circumstances.... and that somewhat bothers me, especially given that any permanent costume is only accessible trough cash shop and rings out at 14$ for just one set of clothes. and now they take our alternatives away too... just 14 doesnt seem much, but when you can get entire indie games for under 20$ on steam, not just a set of costume.... all hail microtransactions....
    what's wrong with someone wanting to wear some leather with an open top, or a metal miniskirt when they feel like? why is it necessary to limit the customisation? not like the game got smaller because there is not need to have models for those armors for certain classes, after all the models and animations are universal regardless of class within a given race. i really dont see any other logical reason in making this change other than that they choose to hold the hand of the idiots(protect them from their own stupidity) in hope that there will be higher population and then people wont quit within a week claiming the game to be dead and deserted. Too bad that they dont get it that its not gonna make much difference. it will only dishearten the fans that actually care about the Luna.

Quote Originally Posted by LurchingElf View Post
    i am not sure if you understood me right.
    now you don't get penalty, you just simply cant put it on. and that is what bugging me.
    i understand that what you wear has much greater implication in pvp, but since i am not involved in that i wasnt having much oversight on that aspect. since i arrived the penalty was present and i settled with the thought if i dont want to be eaten by the mobs i will wear class specific armors, which is robe in my case since i am mage. but due to my desired class path i need to use human mage... which i dont find visually too appealing in robe armors. therefore i preferred to traverse the land, farm, fish, and idle in town while equipping a lower lvl leather armor, which i was finding more visually compelling. but since the last patch. i cannot... at all whatsoever equip a leather armor in any circumstances.... and that somewhat bothers me, especially given that any permanent costume is only accessible trough cash shop and rings out at 14$ for just one set of clothes. and now they take our alternatives away too... just 14 doesnt seem much, but when you can get entire indie games for under 20$ on steam, not just a set of costume.... all hail microtransactions....
    what's wrong with someone wanting to wear some leather with an open top, or a metal miniskirt when they feel like? why is it necessary to limit the customisation? not like the game got smaller because there is not need to have models for those armors for certain classes, after all the models and animations are universal regardless of class within a given race. i really dont see any other logical reason in making this change other than that they choose to hold the hand of the idiots(protect them from their own stupidity) in hope that there will be higher population and then people wont quit within a week claiming the game to be dead and deserted. Too bad that they dont get it that its not gonna make much difference. it will only dishearten the fans that actually care about the Luna.
    I wasn't aware that "change" was made since I don't really do that sort of thing with any of my characters. It seems to only affect mage classes as my fighter is able to wear leather armor and little to no changes happen aside from stat reduction depending on the enchantment + and base stats. By permanent, are you referring to the actual eternal costumes or the 30-day ones? Because the 30-days are permanent, and those are considerably cheaper than the eternal sets. Honestly, I really doubt it it's a change at all; more like a bug since it doesn't affect any of the other classes. (this excludes majin) Whether or not that'll be changed, like I said, I doubt it. It's not a huge priority.

hmm... so you say for your figher/rogue class characters dont have any type of armor highlighted in red other than the one for the majins and you still to this very day are capable to freely equip robe, leather and plate type armors on all your human or elf characters?

hmm... so you say for your figher/rogue class characters dont have any type of armor highlighted in red other than the one for the majins and you still to this very day are capable to freely equip robe, leather and plate type armors on all your human or elf characters?
    Correct. Although, as I said, the stats will get reduced so it isn't advised to do so unless you're not botting or something.

well, i know that, its not appropriate to wear those while fighting (unless one purposefully want to sink unreasonable amount of money on potions), i mostly wanted to wear them as decoratives while in town or travelling or farming or stuff.
    and i just seen a fighter with mixmatched gears, so mean it only affects goddamn mages... so i hereby take this conversation over to bug reports. tough it stuns me that i made the post about a week ago and the staff didnt notice it nor have they sowed any interest in assessing it.
    but i guess one can only expect appropriate actions if they do appropriate actions themselves.

well, i know that, its not appropriate to wear those while fighting (unless one purposefully want to sink unreasonable amount of money on potions), i mostly wanted to wear them as decoratives while in town or travelling or farming or stuff.
    and i just seen a fighter with mixmatched gears, so mean it only affects goddamn mages... so i hereby take this conversation over to bug reports. tough it stuns me that i made the post about a week ago and the staff didnt notice it nor have they sowed any interest in assessing it.
    but i guess one can only expect appropriate actions if they do appropriate actions themselves.
    Because the "staff" is one guy who only comes on to do patch notes, when there is one. None of the other gm's will reply to any thread in this section because they're not working on this game. But even then, none of them are in charge of that kind of thing. A GM cannot fix that problem and with the way the devs are, it's very unlikely it'll ever get resolved since they only like to do one thing at a time, and whatever it is they're doing takes a very long time as well. With just the exp, it's been pushed off for months and when they finally chose to do something about it, it ended up being the wrong thing. (i.e. changing gain per mob instead of the entire curve)