• Yes - Once every 3 months.

154 55.00%
  • No - Keep things the same.

66 23.57%
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Full server nation reset?

EchoSaviour is offline Divider of Zero, Multiplier of Infinity

Default Full server nation reset?

I was thinking about how to really change things up. And a random idea came to my head. How about an opportunity to mix the situation up by wiping the nations of everyone allowing people to pick their nation again.

For starters, the direct benefits of this is that any inactive account would no longer be registered on the tax.

Also, it allows enemies / allies to be shifted around bringing a new dynamic to the fight.

I'll let the community decide this before we start taking measures on expanding ACE.

*NOTE: If there is no poll, it's still being made*

All variables have been taken into consideration. All actions that can happen, could happen, might happen, and are unlikely to happen have been accounted for.

I voted yes 3 months, but i think it should be longer time spans between such attitudes, and only if its Needed (like, Zomfg nation imbalance!)

the inactives being removed from tax equation is certainly a huge plus

YES. First of all this may fix the balance on the servers. And if its done every 3 months then thats even better, so that way tax is a lot more accurate towards how many people are on each nation.
    Nwah-ANI Artemis 80 I gear Fargoth-ANI Artemis 86 B gear

Quote Originally Posted by General Nitro View Post
    There is no such thing as a trolling magnet, only a Gimpy magnet, every retard carries one. :V
    Make something idiot proof and the universe will build a better idiot.

I like the idea but with a few ?s
    How would that work? Would we keep all our inventory/spi if we switch, would the brigs WH be erased at that point, would we have to reset any stat points or do any missions over? Would there be lvl 92 Gears flying around undecided?

I concur with the removal of the inactives from the tax equation but I think it should be done once a year at most. Just have an update where the player must sign the EULA again or something or their character gets stored for x months then deleted.
    Having everyone reset their nation choice is a recipe for disaster tho since it could lead to a greater imbalance than before. Limited GM transfers to select individuals has had little to no effect on current balance so that is what I would support versus having everyone make a nation choice again and risk a 100 vs 1 scenario where it is 61 vs 40 now. Moving entire brigades has been a horrid idea however and caused rifts in other entities of Ace and I do not support that.
    The past has show us that server balance is nigh impossible to maintain as one group or another makes its way in or out for a period of time. Having a larger population of players would probably help more than this Echo as groups coming and going wouldn't affect the over all nation balance as much as they do now...my 2 spi.
    Last edited by Oshima; September 29th, 2009 at 05:07 PM.
    Don't you think I'd remember ordering a mind erasing kit?

It is a good way to spice things up and get rid of inactive account, also, the downside including constant brig changing, and some huge imbalance (like crap load of high lvs decide to stack 1 nation and screw the other for the lulz) issues may occure.

I'm not sure if I like it or not, still need some time to think about it.

You are next!

Quote Originally Posted by Runt View Post
    I like the idea but with a few ?s
    How would that work? Would we keep all our inventory/spi if we switch, would the brigs WH be erased at that point, would we have to reset any stat points or do any missions over? Would there be lvl 92 Gears flying around undecided?

Inventory/SPI/Levels/Stat Points stay.
    Missions get converted between the nations.
    Cannot fly around undecided. Moment you log in you're prompted with the nation select.

The only unknown is the brig WH, which we will have to check. Safest method of course is to take everything out before hand.

All variables have been taken into consideration. All actions that can happen, could happen, might happen, and are unlikely to happen have been accounted for.

Quote Originally Posted by FortuneHunters View Post
    the downside including constant brig changing, and some huge imbalance (like crap load of high lvs decide to stack 1 nation and screw the other for the lulz) issues may occur.

This i foresee happening....

Just so people know, right now there is no decision to do this. We're just gathering the poll data and player opinion on it.

1. Unique idea. Brave idea. Perhaps stupid idea, we'll have to see.
    2. Lots of people don't check the forums or speak english. Expect huge amounts of "OMG GM WUT HAPPENZ?" threads.
    3. This could work very well, but it could also be terrible for balance and PvP. It would be easier to control by moving specific brigs/gears (5-10 people at a time) to weaker nations.
    4. This would be fun to play with new people, yes. But I could forsee people stacking a nation for WP rapage, because people don't realize it's bad for the game as they are selfishhhh.

However, I do vote yes, because the pvp in this game is AWFUL right now. I've been playing AR more than AO because you can actually find wars during non-MS/base war times. AO I can fly through almost every neutral map with my BG and find 1 noob and no pvp most random times I log in. I'll do anything to increase population and pvp fun.

Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast