Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost Art Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by HBee View Post
    There were many times where the game was even in points, and I was on the verge of death... but I get ringed and those who spent all their skills and MP trying to kill me are now easy pickings for me.
    LOL

i remember fam

Might extend the match for 50 pts to win a full 12 vs 12 advance match, since we are going to be killed pretty much faster.
    While still keep the standard 35 pts for 6 vs 6 advance or regular match.

IGN : iroha "Overseer" (Lv 75 Wizard - Lv 70 Shaman Doctor Musician Dancer Sorcerer Witch Doctor)
    IGN : oriha (Lv 70 Blademaster Thief Hunter Mercenary)
    IGN : AceCocytus (stall) "Sovereign Abyss"
    IGN : Elegant.Sprite (Alchemy Helper)

Quote Originally Posted by HBee View Post
    CHOJI MARRY ME I'LL RING YOU

But ya I agree. Since an A match is only 35 points now, a top DPSer getting ringed just once is HUGE. There were many times where the game was even in points, and I was on the verge of death... but I get ringed and those who spent all their skills and MP trying to kill me are now easy pickings for me. DPSers dead > supports dead > hit 35 pts and game finishes before they can regroup and counter. If it weren't for me being ringed by Delphine even tho she was across the map I would've died and we at the very least wouldn't have won in that manner LOL

Ya ring is p busted here and that's coming from someone who benefited greatly from it. 10mins checks out to be one ring every game. SERIOUSLY, DO U RLY WANT ME TO GET RINGED ONCE PER GAME?
    you can get ringed 3 times a game, it wont stop me from coming back to reclaim my throne as #1 pvp dps

Guess I'm gonna ban wedding rings, yule logs, and magical daikons. The power of love is too strong

And there's no way to change the point requirement to win. It's 35 points or bust.

If something is perfect, it doesn't exist. Therefore, we need to face reality and set expectations accordingly.

Games & IGNs:
    -Lucent Heart (Rikkardo, Moon Flame Envoy|DeadlyLoli, Nova Sentinel) -remaining inactive-
    -Dream of Mirror Online (Veigar, lvl 75 Wizard main) -active-

Just a Black Mage

Feel free to drop a question, though I am mostly limited to DOMO related content.

Moving to another points, we have half month before the first official match runs. I will highlight some mechanism of how you are going to be promoted or demoted. Personally, I have interest in this 2-tier system better than the last one where you can join both level 70 and 75 cap (you can crossover from each cap). But, this interesting system take alot of effort to manage especially hosts. A quality tournament need alot of effort to maintain after all.

Right now, the amount of participant roughly:
    Advanced: 50
    Regular: 6

At this points, regular match is not viable for official match.
    The question now: Are we really going to keep this 2-tier system?

If NO, we are going back to old mechanism of Lost Art.

If YES, proceed below:
    The 2-tier systems is not new in the world. From MOTO GP, Formula 1, and Soccer League use tier system.
    We can not let all players entry for advance match, since the match is 24 entry maximum (you need to move as soon as possible to gain entry). Those who left out cant get participation points. Right now is 50 participant, optimistically there should be at least half of them showing up in the match. Regular match is no no at this point.

For the first run of Lost Art, we need some qualification match to trim Advance Participant to certain qualified players.
    Lets say 30 or 35 participant of Advance Match, the rest will be downgraded to Regular.
    For some time, there will evaluation to change entry based on their performance.
    Those who get poor performance in advance match get downgraded (say 5 persons), and those who get good performance in regular match upgraded (5 persons as well). This will balance participant of advance and regular match.

How to measure performance:
    I will try to explain simple formula.
    IGN Time Joined Kill Death Performance

You can write them in spreadsheet, some kind of Billboard.
    IGN: Participants
    Time Joined: Amount of time they join a match
    Kill: Amount of time they kill someone and score a point
    Death: Amount of time they are killed
    Performance: [Kill]/[Kill+Death] * 100%

The more you kill, the better your performance.
    Here comes the tedious part for you

[Competition]: Competition begins!
    [Competition]: Qmpelek of Western Army defeats iroha, and scores 1 points.
    [Competition]: Please wait for 20 second to join the competition.
    [Competition]: Please wait for 12 second to join the competition.
    [Competition]: Please wait for 6 second to join the competition.
    [Competition]: abooooody of Western Army defeats FaphireSinger, and scores 1 points.
    [Competition]: abooooody of Western Army defeats Rumiko, and scores 1 points.
    [Competition]: abooooody of Western Army defeats iroha, and scores 1 points.
    [Competition]: Legacy of Western Army defeats Yanny, and scores 1 points.
    [Competition]: Please wait for 15 second to join the competition.
    [Competition]: Please wait for 8 second to join the competition.
    [Competition]: Soutatkie of Eastern Army defeats JamesDark, and scores 1 points.
    [Competition]: Qmpelek of Western Army defeats Soutatkie, and scores 1 points.
    [Competition]: abooooody of Western Army defeats Acela, and scores 1 points.
    [Competition]: Please wait for 10 second to join the competition.
    [Competition]: Meyera of Western Army defeats Bonjo, and scores 1 points.
    [Competition]: Please wait for 2 second to join the competition.
    [Competition]: Templar of Western Army defeats iroha, and scores 1 points.
    [Competition]: Please wait for 5 second to join the competition.
    [Competition]: abooooody of Western Army defeats Soutatkie, and scores 1 points.
    [Competition]: Yanny of Eastern Army defeats Legacy, and scores 1 points.
    [Competition]: abooooody of Western Army defeats Yanny, and scores 1 points.
    [Competition]: Please wait for 1 second to join the competition.
    [Competition]: Qmpelek of Western Army defeats FaphireSinger, and scores 1 points.
    [Competition]: Meyera of Western Army defeats iroha, and scores 1 points.
    [Competition]: abooooody of Western Army defeats Yanny, and scores 1 points.
    [Competition]: Meyera of Western Army defeats FaphireSinger, and scores 1 points.
    [Competition]: Qmpelek of Western Army defeats iroha, and scores 1 points.
    [Competition]: Meyera of Western Army defeats Rumiko, and scores 1 points.
    [Competition]: abooooody of Western Army defeats Soutatkie, and scores 1 points.
    [Competition]: Qmpelek of Western Army defeats Bonjo, and scores 1 points.
    [Competition]: Meyera of Western Army defeats Soutatkie, and scores 1 points.
    [Competition]: Yanny of Eastern Army defeats abooooody, and scores 1 points.
    [Competition]: Meyera of Western Army defeats Acela, and scores 1 points.
    [Competition]: Yanny of Eastern Army defeats JamesDark, and scores 1 points.
    [Competition]: Qmpelek of Western Army defeats Yanny, and scores 1 points.
    [Competition]: Western Army wins by reaching 35 points!
    [Billboard]: You were last week's champion for the Heavenly Emperor's Sword Cup so you won't be counted in the rankings this week.
    [System]: Battle Record Type AMaximum reached, cannot expand further.
    [Competition]: Leaving the battlefield in 10 seconds.
    iroha 1 0 14 0%

You need to visit your chat log to calculate everyone performance failry.
    Glad I am not the host this time.

End Story: Best quality event need alot of effort. Good Luck!

EDIT 1: Don't forget to sort the Time Joined parameters first, before looking at performance. An active players is valuable assets of this server. And also, if you're smart enough, you just need to iterate line by line and increment the Kill and Death count of 2 players. No need to jump back and forth reading log for each players.
    Last edited by 1roha; May 16th, 2018 at 11:55 AM.

IGN : iroha "Overseer" (Lv 75 Wizard - Lv 70 Shaman Doctor Musician Dancer Sorcerer Witch Doctor)

Quote Originally Posted by 1roha View Post
    Here comes the tedious part for you
    This should be handled by a simple parser/calculation script and shouldn't be tedious at all.

That being said, I'm not a fan of this metric. It basically reduces supports down to nothing unless they never die at all.

Sodium, atomic number 11, was first isolated by Peter Dager in 1807. A chemical component of salt, he named it Na in honor of the saltiest region on earth, North America.

Keep in mind that in Lost Art, the matches are set into practice mode, meaning the maximum amount of players possible is 198.

What I can do is this: If players do not participate in an Advanced match for two weeks without prior notice as to why they cannot attend, they will be automatically be demoted to Regular. From there, they will have to earn their promotion. I bet most people are signing up for advanced just because they have a 71+ job, it offers more points, and offers exclusive access to two certain titles. They're expecting this to be casually handled like last year.

It only figures that if people want this privilege, they must earn it by actively participating in the event along with doing their best so they don't get demoted. You may see some people get demoted to Regular due to lack of attendance.

As for making sure supports keep their positions in advanced, I'm sure there are other ways to gauge their performance aside from not dying. For instance, notice if they're actively doing anything of significance. This requires a more player moderation/reporting (because I am only one person).

If something is perfect, it doesn't exist. Therefore, we need to face reality and set expectations accordingly.

Games & IGNs:
    -Lucent Heart (Rikkardo, Moon Flame Envoy|DeadlyLoli, Nova Sentinel) -remaining inactive-
    -Dream of Mirror Online (Veigar, lvl 75 Wizard main) -active-

Just a Black Mage

Feel free to drop a question, though I am mostly limited to DOMO related content.

Quote Originally Posted by DOMOAKFrost View Post
    This should be handled by a simple parser/calculation script and shouldn't be tedious at all.

That being said, I'm not a fan of this metric. It basically reduces supports down to nothing unless they never die at all.
    That's programmer job, tho I'm not that geek. Using notepad plus plus is good idea too.

As for support points, yeh they don't kill but they less died. Also they can kill with super Sonic swipe, it can kill everyone like double edge sword.

AAAANNNDDD, Time joined is the one getting sorted first while performance rate is sorted after ties.

For now adding constant kill point to support is the only solution that pop up in my head. +3 to winning sup team and +1 to loser sup team. Constant value can be changed to balance ranking between DPS and support.

But, looking at host stance. Regular match is not much fun with so little noobish *cough* entry in the first month.
    Last edited by 1roha; May 18th, 2018 at 05:23 AM.

Yeah I share the concern of there being so many advanced players and barely any regular players. But, it is impossible to decide who is worthy of either tier until pvp actually begins and the hosts and other players can observe skill levels. And as Veigar says, why would anyone sign up for regular if they have even one job lvl 71+? Way too lucrative.

Seeing as how many more people are higher lvl, given the amount of exp boosts we've gotten and the long period of time since the original lost art event, many players appear to be in advanced tier. But as we know, the skill set and game awareness required to participate in pvp is much more complex and difficult than simply grinding rebirths over and over.

There were a lot of players i've observed in the past who are either semi-afk, afk, or simply playing songs/buffs like they're in a low level aoe team in the last lost art, but they were never punished for playing that way. We all need to work together to make the revived lost art less of a meaningless "farmfest." We need hosts willing to make the tough decisions.
    Last edited by GheyMang; May 18th, 2018 at 08:51 AM.

Yeah, I would like to underline Ghey statement that Advance Tier is only for serious PVP-ier and keep the "farmer" in regular.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast