Thread: Skill Scroll

Default Skill Scroll

So with the addition to the new skill scrolls a gap has been made between those who buy SP with real money and those who buys item mall items from other players. From my understanding skill scrolls will not be made trade-able due to some potential issues.

I've thought of two potential solutions but I'm not sure how much work would be required.

1)Make a npc that sells the scrolls (or sp) for in-game money.
    This could hurt the game by potentially locking sp to in-game money rates and I imagine would take too much work.

2)Have a monthly or bi-weekly event where players can buy the scrolls for in-game money.
    With Drac being part of the team now I figured this could be reasonable and shouldn't hurt the game too much but takes time
    away from other events.

PS: Would kinda be funny to see random skill scrolls get won at Seizer's Palace as a rare reward xD (so much work thou)
    Aeria DOMO: onyx : electy

Suba DOMO: zonedelecty

1) Then there would be no reason to buy scrolls with SP. The price of an in item in-game would not determine SP rates either.

2) There will be a way to earn these in an event. I just wom't spoil it yet but I'm sure some of you can guess.

If something is perfect, it doesn't exist. Therefore, we need to face reality and set expectations accordingly.

Games & IGNs:
    -Lucent Heart (Rikkardo, Moon Flame Envoy|DeadlyLoli, Nova Sentinel) -remaining inactive-
    -Dream of Mirror Online (Veigar, lvl 75 Wizard main) -active-

Just a Black Mage

Feel free to drop a question, though I am mostly limited to DOMO related content.

I think not having the skill scrolls trade-able is very detrimental to the game and further reinforces the pay to win aspect of this game. Many other aspects of the game can be overcome with hard work and time, but denying people higher level skills and damage solely because they don't pay money is just as bad as FPS games that sell better guns to people who spend real money. With the Lost Art PVP returning, you are going to run into huge issues when it comes to balancing the pay to win players.
    IGN: Meyera
    Guild: Illustrious
    Main Job(s):
    Dancer - subs: Witch Doctor-Blood Cure Poison + Wizard-Spellcasting
    Mercenary - Subs: Blademaster-Martyr Arts + Wizard-Spellcasting

The only reason they're non-tradeable in the first place is because people cannot play fair and resort to buying gold from gold sellers. Because there are SO many people who have done so and probably some who continue to do so under the radar, we have no choice but to make them non-tradeable to prevent further abuse via gold sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Meyera View Post
    I think not having the skill scrolls trade-able is very detrimental to the game and further reinforces the pay to win aspect of this game. Many other aspects of the game can be overcome with hard work and time, but denying people higher level skills and damage solely because they don't pay money is just as bad as FPS games that sell better guns to people who spend real money. With the Lost Art PVP returning, you are going to run into huge issues when it comes to balancing the pay to win players.
    As Spooky said before closing the thread, you can thank all the people who chose NOT to play fair and bought from gold sellers and getting SP in illegal ways. This is why badges and skill scrolls are no longer tradeable, and why there have been alternatives (N/T badges aren't a big deal with SYCs and server exp; skill scrolls obtainable from raids; new skill scrolls being obtainable in Lost Art of PvP).

I am aware that this will heavily affect the balancing of Lost Art of PvP, so I'll say this now: as long as you aren't blatantly feeding, your odds of getting demoted will not raise. I'll also say that even if players hypermaxed their skills, they still have to make sacrafices if they don't want to pay for the IM springs (if not capped already) or if they don't want to grind Occupation Spring Water (an item that's rarely found in the market, and I bet the demand for it will be higher these days, so they may have no choice but to grind water if the supply and price get bad).

I had to get rid of Equip Robe so I can have every offensive skill on Wizard (except Secret Charm of Shrieking Demons and Warning Warble) maxed out. And even then, I've used 32 Wizard Springs (most of which were gifts from others or earning Try Hard Bags) and used a whopping 78 Occupation Spring Waters, the majority of which I grinded myself with my 75 Wizard and 70 Sorcerer, to maintain most of my other skills for PvP and PvE.

Yes, this is pay-to-win. I cannot deny that. Again, thank the people who chose to play unfairly to the point of forcing the Suba Staff to make these items N/T to dissuade more of these players. Like I said three times by now, Lost Art will be a way to get these scrolls, tradeable. You must also remember that getting a lot of skills hypermaxed means you have to either work a lot harder for springs or use a reskill to get rid of skills you may not want/need anymore. It also means you have to spend a lot of money to begin with. Please invest into these skills carefully. It's not like you needed these levels given the content we had before their release.

Any disucssion regarding new skill levels and Lost Art should be directed to this thread.
    Last edited by Superstarstrike; June 5th, 2018 at 03:02 AM.

If something is perfect, it doesn't exist. Therefore, we need to face reality and set expectations accordingly.

Games & IGNs:
    -Lucent Heart (Rikkardo, Moon Flame Envoy|DeadlyLoli, Nova Sentinel) -remaining inactive-
    -Dream of Mirror Online (Veigar, lvl 75 Wizard main) -active-

Just a Black Mage

Feel free to drop a question, though I am mostly limited to DOMO related content.