Thread: Healer, Wisdom or Intellect...?

Default Healer, Wisdom or Intellect...?

So which one is healing based off of? Does INT increase heals or does WIS increase heals?
    Does anyone know?

Everything I've read here on the forums says I should put all my points into Wisdom but all the healers I've seen in game are full INT?

Just wondering if anyone has done any testing on this?

Any advice is greatly appreciated Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gboone467417B1a View Post
    So which one is healing based off of? Does INT increase heals or does WIS increase heals?
    Does anyone know?

Everything I've read here on the forums says I should put all my points into Wisdom but all the healers I've seen in game are full INT?

Just wondering if anyone has done any testing on this?

Any advice is greatly appreciated Thanks.
    The reason u read wisdom everywhere is the same reason we had discussion about intelligence versus wisdom in the original version. Magic attack is fed by intelligence and in some versions this also has been wisdom, in this version i can guarantee u this is not the case (tested it several times). In that time where int and wis would add to magic attack a say for wisdom was cause wisdom brings magical defense and more mp. Against even back then was that certain skills balance on int not on magical attack.

Ok that about where the difference and the discussion came from.

Now for this game it's easy wisdom does not add magical attack, intelligence does. The size of a heal depends on the heal skill level and the magic attack of the caster. So u want your magical attack as high as possible so that your heals gets higher. U don't need to worry for your mp, u're normal gear will supply more then enough. Even if u want to become a guild tournament healer (or castle siege if ever fixed) don't worry about adding. U'll have more then enough, if u miss for magical defense better upgrade your boots and/or your belt.

Cause of the healsize concern and that this version of luna does not carry pdef on shields it is really wise to consider if u gonna use staff(2h) or wand(1h). If u take an classic priest-bis-cardinal route u'll only get points in one-handed-training. In that case use wand with shield, cause the staff won't let u do more magical attack, while the shield will add a really big mdef bonus. If your route different and do u get a descent two-handed-training (for example for elemental master) use a staff (2h).

Sincerly LadyTsunade.
    Last edited by SireniapinEX3F1; July 28th, 2018 at 05:33 PM.

OK, I just did some testing of my own with my level 35 Elf Cleric and level 34 Human Wizard, both with level 5 Heal. I don't know if stats other than Intelligence and Wisdom play a part in healing, so I didn't make adjustments to those.

My Cleric:
    1039 Heal
    387 Intelligence
    1177 Wisdom
    Removing his shield with +35 Wisdom bonus lowered Heal to 1022, a difference of 17. So Wisdom provides about 1 heal point for every 2 Wisdom, here (17/35).

My Wizard:
    861 Heal
    655 Intelligence
    715 Wisdom
    Eating a "Grilled Nutrition" (+100 Intelligence) raised Heal to 881, a difference of 20. So Intelligence provides about 1 heal point for every 5 Intelligence, here (20/100).

I just ran these tests moments ago. Wisdom affects my healing ability much more than Intelligence. I didn't bother to test for attack, although looking at same-level one- and two-hand staff, they do show stronger attack for two-handers.

These are only 3x level though, so your mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugger View Post
    OK, I just did some testing of my own with my level 35 Elf Cleric and level 34 Human Wizard, both with level 5 Heal. I don't know if stats other than Intelligence and Wisdom play a part in healing, so I didn't make adjustments to those.

My Cleric:
    1039 Heal
    387 Intelligence
    1177 Wisdom
    Removing his shield with +35 Wisdom bonus lowered Heal to 1022, a difference of 17. So Wisdom provides about 1 heal point for every 2 Wisdom, here (17/35).

My Wizard:
    861 Heal
    655 Intelligence
    715 Wisdom
    Eating a "Grilled Nutrition" (+100 Intelligence) raised Heal to 881, a difference of 20. So Intelligence provides about 1 heal point for every 5 Intelligence, here (20/100).

I just ran these tests moments ago. Wisdom affects my healing ability much more than Intelligence. I didn't bother to test for attack, although looking at same-level one- and two-hand staff, they do show stronger attack for two-handers.

These are only 3x level though, so your mileage may vary.
    I've tested it myself now as well. And it seems your correct, actually not even, it turns out to be worse. I dropped my necklace which letted me drop from 21k wisdom to 5k and my healing dropped from 11k to 4k. While when i dropped my rings/earrings. Which made me drop my int from 5.5k to 3.5k the 11k stayed still. It seems in this specific server, ma and int are not part anymore of the healing size. So your correct to stated go wisdom for healsize.

Clearly here i've forgotten to check changes in comparison to the past. Learned a thing today.
    Still my healer goes int for her fighting part. Cause as u read u can get your wisdom very easily in comparison to your int and magical attack. Thou if purely looking to healing and no more then that, i indeed now as well would advise wisdom.

The 2hand against 1 hand story keeps sticking btw. A 2 hand weapon gets more base ma and cause of it simply is stronger. Only if u get only one-hand bonus a 1 hand can bring more magical attack, and that's not even guaranteed (depends on the level of the gear, how higher the level of the gear how higher the bonus difference on a different ma base, cause of that if high enough even for a only one-handed-trained character a 2 hand weapon can turn eventually in bringing more magical attack in comparison to it's one-hand equavalant. This is hardly noticable on low levels, there the one-hand rule will stick, thou 100+ where One-hand and 2-hand are not further developed slowly the 2hand will start to win from the one-hand even for a only one-handed trainee)
    Last edited by SireniapinEX3F1; July 30th, 2018 at 05:45 PM.

Tested it with a lvl 10 groupheal as well. Int didn't changed anything, thou wisdom drop from necklace gone, the groupheal went down from 16.5k to 9k. I can only conclude that the descriptions of the skills are now incorrect,
    cause once again they've changed something without changing the information. My conclusion at this moment
    is that only the level of the skill and the level of the wisdom influences the healsize. Could be that level of character
    does something, not likely, but cannot test that till next level.
    I healed with or without staff/wand, both resulted in same 11k healing on heal lvl1.

Btw this means that the size of the heal is based for most on lvl of your necklace.

P.S. I've also tested the healing circle (lvl5) of the majin, behaves in the same way, int doesn't affect the healing,wisdom
    does. Btw the description of healing circle is also incorrect. It says is heals 691 per second for 5 seconds, but in my case
    this is 11500 hp per second for 5 seconds and with that is my most powerfull groupheal i have. (and i've 83+ bishop, majin and elemental master).
    Last edited by SireniapinEX3F1; July 30th, 2018 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SireniapinEX3F1 View Post
    Still my healer goes int for her fighting part. Cause as u read u can get your wisdom very easily in comparison to your int and magical attack. Thou if purely looking to healing and no more then that, i indeed now as well would advise wisdom.
    I agree: we can get a ton of Wisdom from jewelry, gear and AP. That's why my Wizard has more Wis than Int. My Wizard has about 50 points to Wis with the rest to Int and my Cleric has about 50 points to Int with the rest to Wis. I probably shouldn't have bothered doing that with the stat points but maybe it isn't a deal breaker.

As for more Int on healers, there's an argument to be made for killing faster, taking less damage and not healing as often.

You're so right about the descriptions. Even the quests say to kill xx numbers of critters in the text but we really have to kill xxx numbers. Maybe it's easier to change the code than to update the in-game text?