Thread: Guide for a max critroute Soul Arbitor

Default Guide for a max critroute Soul Arbitor

This guide is a result of question about my build (LadyTsunade),
    this guide tells the how and the why i made certain choices.

The route to soul arbitor with max crit passive will be slower between 70-100, why i shall explain during this guide.

First of all this route is Human only.
    The main-path:mage->wizard->monk->warlock->Soul Arbitor
    Monk, Warlock and Soul arbitor each give a 4% crit passive, which will bring u a total of 12% crits from passives.

Weapon of use:
    Staff
    (In old luna's this used to be wand together with a shield, in this luna shield adds mdef not pdef and with that
    it brings nothing really handy for the field, use a staff instead)

Skills
    Mage:
    Fireball (Max) - Your main attack skill
    Mage's Blessing (Max) - Quick feet is very important later when u go close combat
    Intelligent Position (Max) - The more damage the better
    Wise Position (Max) - How more u regenerate how less u need to spend.

Optional:
    Windstrike (If taken then Max) - will speed up the training till 40
    Enhanced MP - 1% can really make a change.
    Reinforce Wisdom - It adds some extra more mp and mdef, thou it ain't much.

Wizard:
    Mage's Blessing (Max) - Quick feet is very important later when u go close combat
    Intelligence (Max) - Adds extra damage
    Mana Aurora (Max) - Your safety net, it takes damage into your mp pool instead of your hp pool,
    when it breaks it will be gone. Which makes your total hp kinda the sum of hp and mp.
    As extra bonus mana aurora lowers the take damage. A real must have.
    Staff Training (Max) - Adds extra damage
    Two-Handed Training (Max) - Adds extra damage

Optional:
    Bloodstream - Will return some mp, thou discussable if it actually makes training cheaper, cause
    u stand still each 10 seconds as well which let u get 1 hit more each time.

Monk:
    Holy Swing (Max) - Your new main attack skill till lvl 100!
    Holy Spike (Max)
    Holy Uppercut (Max)
    Robe Expertise (max) - Adds really needed extra pdef
    Bless Vital (Max) - All extra hp is welcome
    Twinkle Magic (Max) - Our crit buf, we really want those crits.

Warlock:
    Spellcraft (Max) - Adds extra damage
    Mana Aurora (Max) - Your safety net, it takes damage into your mp pool instead of your hp pool,
    when it breaks it will be gone. Which makes your total hp kinda the sum of hp and mp.
    Mage's Blessing (Max) - Quick feet is very important, u're close combat now

Optional:
    Bloodstream (max) - Will return some mp, thou discussable if it actually makes training cheaper, cause
    Meteor - Can be very usefull with training on gehenna's in The Great Garden.

Soul Arbitor:
    Holy Spike (Max)
    Holy Uppercut (Max)
    Mind Barrier (Max) - Adds a huge amount of extra magical defense.
    Concentration (max) - when activated lowers the physical defense but raises the magical damage, a nice skill to have

Optional:
    Holy Justice - A non-targetted ranged aoe with a really quick re-use time of 6.4 seconds.
    Cripple - At best gives a 62% chance to snares all enemies within 6m for 3 seconds

Now the why's:
    In past above route would be told not to take cause damage output would be way lower then the max magical attack route. In this luna version the ma passive has been altered and u only get 1% each job. In this route
    u get 2 times a ma passive which let u only miss 2%. Spellcraft isn't present in the max ma route which makes up for 4630,8 extra magical attack which means until u reach 231.540 ma this route actually will have more magical attack then u'll get in a route without warlock in it. So at best another route can be done with 3% magical attack to get
    spellcraft as well. Which let u actually just fall 1% behind. But for that 1% u get a lot more crits then someone whom goes for the max magical attack route.

Then the next question which often has been asked, do i need to take all 3 monk skills?
    They each have a reuse time of 2.5 seconds, their cast time is 1 second. If u take all 3 this means
    u've a full circle of 3 skills in 3 seconds which sets it to 1 hit per second continously.
    If u take just 2 skills of the monk u get 2 hits every 2.5 seconds. Which means 4 hits in each 5 seconds.
    In other words u would get a 80% damage output against taking 3 skills.

Then the last thing to discuss, which stat do i add? Int, Int, Int.
    The pdef of your gear u can solve with further enchanting. The wisdom and vitality depends mostly on your
    accesoires so enchanting those further solves any lack of it. If u take this into account it only make sense
    to add the 1 thing u can always use more off, damage. Int directly supports into magical attack.

Now as u can see above warlock doesn't add any direct 1v1 skill (u could take fireburst, i did it myself but till 90
    it didn't created more damage and after 90s i hardly noticed an real improvement, so i consider it unneccessary)
    Your holy monk skills will be the skills whom have to bring u to 100. Cause these skills will be stuck for 30 levels u
    can imagine that especially the later levels will have a noticable damage fallback. High staffs recommended.

As u can read in this guide pvp is not considered in the skills, the why is the next:
    This route lacks holy barrier, the 1st main advantage for pvp. Outside that u miss holy barrier the disable skills
    on this route aren't that great. In short, this route even if taken all possible disablers won't bring u a character whom
    is well build for pvp.

If u don't take any of the optionals u will not need a reskill on it's way,
    if u do take optionals know u run the risk of needing them. I reskilled at 70 and 100 but that was a personal
    choice, it can be done without, thou will be slower cause of lack of windstrike and meteor.

If u've any questions, please ask.

Quote Originally Posted by SireniapinEX3F1 View Post
    This guide is a result of question about my build (LadyTsunade),
    this guide tells the how and the why i made certain choices.

The route to soul arbitor with max crit passive will be slower between 70-100, why i shall explain during this guide.

First of all this route is Human only.
    The main-path:mage->wizard->monk->warlock->Soul Arbitor
    Monk, Warlock and Soul arbitor each give a 4% crit passive, which will bring u a total of 12% crits from passives.

Weapon of use:
    Staff
    (In old luna's this used to be wand together with a shield, in this luna shield adds mdef not pdef and with that
    it brings nothing really handy for the field, use a staff instead)

Skills
    Mage:

Optional:
    Enhanced MP - 1% can really make a change.

Wizard:

Optional:
    Bloodstream - Will return some mp, thou discussable if it actually makes training cheaper, cause

Monk:
    Holy Spike (Max)
    Holy Uppercut (Max)

Warlock:
    Spellcraft (Max) - Adds extra damage
    Mage's Blessing (Max) - Quick feet is very important, u're close combat now

Optional:
    Bloodstream (max) - Will return some mp, thou discussable if it actually makes training cheaper, cause
    Meteor - Can be very usefull with training on gehenna's in The Great Garden.

Soul Arbitor:
    Holy Spike (Max)
    Holy Uppercut (Max)
    Mind Barrier (Max) - Adds a huge amount of extra magical defense.
    Concentration (max) - when activated lowers the physical defense but raises the magical damage, a nice skill to have

Optional:
    Holy Justice - A non-targetted ranged aoe with a really quick re-use time of 6.4 seconds.
    Cripple - At best gives a 62% chance to snares all enemies within 6m for 3 seconds

Now the why's:
    In past above route would be told not to take cause damage output would be way lower then the max magical attack route. In this luna version the ma passive has been altered and u only get 1% each job. In this route
    u get 2 times a ma passive which let u only miss 2%. Spellcraft isn't present in the max ma route which makes up for 4630,8 extra magical attack which means until u reach 231.540 ma this route actually will have more magical attack then u'll get in a route without warlock in it. So at best another route can be done with 3% magical attack to get
    spellcraft as well. Which let u actually just fall 1% behind. But for that 1% u get a lot more crits then someone whom goes for the max magical attack route.

Then the next question which often has been asked, do i need to take all 3 monk skills?
    They each have a reuse time of 2.5 seconds, their cast time is 1 second. If u take all 3 this means
    u've a full circle of 3 skills in 3 seconds which sets it to 1 hit per second continously.
    If u take just 2 skills of the monk u get 2 hits every 2.5 seconds. Which means 4 hits in each 5 seconds.
    In other words u would get a 80% damage output against taking 3 skills.

Then the last thing to discuss, which stat do i add? Int, Int, Int.
    The pdef of your gear u can solve with further enchanting. The wisdom and vitality depends mostly on your
    accesoires so enchanting those further solves any lack of it. If u take this into account it only make sense
    to add the 1 thing u can always use more off, damage. Int directly supports into magical attack.

Now as u can see above warlock doesn't add any direct 1v1 skill (u could take fireburst, i did it myself but till 90
    it didn't created more damage and after 90s i hardly noticed an real improvement, so i consider it unneccessary)
    Your holy monk skills will be the skills whom have to bring u to 100. Cause these skills will be stuck for 30 levels u
    can imagine that especially the later levels will have a noticable damage fallback. High staffs recommended.

As u can read in this guide pvp is not considered in the skills, the why is the next:
    This route lacks holy barrier, the 1st main advantage for pvp. Outside that u miss holy barrier the disable skills
    on this route aren't that great. In short, this route even if taken all possible disablers won't bring u a character whom
    is well build for pvp.

If u don't take any of the optionals u will not need a reskill on it's way,
    if u do take optionals know u run the risk of needing them. I reskilled at 70 and 100 but that was a personal
    choice, it can be done without, thou will be slower cause of lack of windstrike and meteor.

If u've any questions, please ask.
    I've been inaccurate on the ma breaking point by forgetting gm's get spellcraft lvl 10.
    So they actually get 5k more ma and cause of it will always have 2% more ma + 5k ma if they've taken the ma route.