Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10 FPS drop

Default Windows 10 FPS drop

We have massive drop in FPS in Ricarten on Valento server this is on all four of our PCs of different specs and a laptop that we have here, my son and my sister also have the same problem again different PCs, locations and ISPs all are running Windows 10.

I am not sure if it is the fonts, Direct X or something else as this also occurs when pressing the A key to check drops.
    This is spoiling the game and making shopping near impossible on Valento.

Can anyone help?

Yeah, not much you can do about it.
    Yedang did a REALLY poor job on the direct x upgrade.
    Even beast computers running 32gb ram, i9 4ghz cpu, gtx 1080 11GB graphics cards runs pretty horrible in ric.

The problem lies with font rendering.

The only thing you can do is install windows xp for true dx9 support and have the game run silky smooth.

This has made the game unplayable for me over time.
    I've come and gone from the game many times over the years, this is what keeps me from sticking.

Having to wrestle with single digit FPS every time I hover over an item, check shops, or press A in the field is unbearable.

Finding a copy of Windows XP, correctly installing it and Pristontale, and then having to boot into the OS every time you want to play the game is absurd. Even if there were a guide that details the steps to reliably do so it's crazy that that would be any kind of accepted solution.
    Last edited by Falconman; November 17th, 2018 at 05:03 PM.

I'm having the same issue and what I've got in mind is running a virtual machine with windows xp, install pt and see what happens... Theoretically it should go smooth, as PT is not a very demanding game.

I'll reply to this post again after I've tried that, with some results

I've thought of trying that, I imagine it would run poorly all around on a VM.

I've been trying to install Windows XP on an empty drive as a second OS with no luck.
    I've had to deal with tracking down a valid working copy to boot from and different errors when running setup to install it.

Ok, I just logged in to PT and ran around Ricarten, checked shops hovered over items.

I am running a AMD Ryzen 7 1800X (8 Glorious cores)

GTX Nvidia 1070. 16GB of DDR 2400mhz RAM.

I had zero issues.

Maybe the problem is how many cores PT is requiring? Subagames should be able to change this on this end without upsetting Yedang or whoever is publishing PT now.

I imagine most are using a pretty decent card, so this would rule out the graphics card and possible the issue is with the core count of computers nowadays.

I'm assuming you're also using Windows 10.

Intel i5-7600K and GTX 1080 here.

I've been through several Intel cards over the years and PT has been just as bad with text/font rendering along the way.
    Is it possibly only an issue with Intel cards?

Yap, I'm using i7-8700k, 16gb ram 2400 and a GTX 1070 and my frames drop to a single number in ric (Valento).

Just confirming my test with a VM... I got to install PT in a Windows XP virtual machine, but the experience was not the expected. All of it was runing on pretty low fps.
    In conclusion, it would be probably the best try to install Windows XP on a hard drive and try to run PT there.

Quote Originally Posted by Matayou View Post
    Yap, I'm using i7-8700k, 16gb ram 2400 and a GTX 1070 and my frames drop to a single number in ric (Valento).

Just confirming my test with a VM... I got to install PT in a Windows XP virtual machine, but the experience was not the expected. All of it was runing on pretty low fps.
    In conclusion, it would be probably the best try to install Windows XP on a hard drive and try to run PT there.
    As I thought would be the case.

I've had no luck finding and installing a copy of Windows XP without there being issues.
    Unless someone can write up a guide or I figure it out, I'm at a loss on where to go from here.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconman View Post
    As I thought would be the case.

I've had no luck finding and installing a copy of Windows XP without there being issues.
    Unless someone can write up a guide or I figure it out, I'm at a loss on where to go from here.
    In the Registry of PT is there not a core number value that can be changed for the processor?

I know other MMOs have an option for processor to be changed from any numbers of cores being used. I was thinking PT might have the same to see if performance improves?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast