Thread: What class is worth soloing with?

Default What class is worth soloing with?

I used to play a long time ago back when aeriagames ran DOMO and since the game doesn't seem accepting of new players - hoping to find or form a guild is out of the question. What class(es) would be the best to solo as starting out? I'm guessing Shaman would be the best choice.

Yes, Shaman with Doctor subs.

It has actually been buffed along with other mage-related aspects, but in order to truly take advantage of it, it is important to know how the element cycle works. Bascially their seasonal attacks changes the target's element to the element of that attack.

If something is perfect, it doesn't exist. Therefore, we need to face reality and set expectations accordingly.

Games & IGNs:
    -Lucent Heart (Rikkardo, Moon Flame Envoy|DeadlyLoli, Nova Sentinel) -remaining inactive-
    -Dream of Mirror Online (Veigar, lvl 75 Wizard main) -active-

Just a Black Mage

Feel free to drop a question, though I am mostly limited to DOMO related content.

Quote Originally Posted by Superstarstrike View Post
    Yes, Shaman with Doctor subs.

It has actually been buffed along with other mage-related aspects, but in order to truly take advantage of it, it is important to know how the element cycle works. Bascially their seasonal attacks changes the target's element to the element of that attack.
    I thought so. Would I go with pure wisdom or 2 Wisdom 1 Dex?

Quote Originally Posted by Xerashi View Post
    I prefer 2 agi 1 wis until 102 agi thn pure wis. Also, Illustrious recruits new players all the time.
    IGN: Meyera
    Guild: Illustrious
    Main Job(s):
    Dancer - subs: Witch Doctor-Blood Cure Poison + Wizard-Spellcasting
    Mercenary - Subs: Blademaster-Martyr Arts + Wizard-Spellcasting

Quote Originally Posted by Xerashi View Post
    To add on to Meyera's suggested build, Dex just isn't necessary for any magic-type class unless it's PvP.

If something is perfect, it doesn't exist. Therefore, we need to face reality and set expectations accordingly.

Games & IGNs:
    -Lucent Heart (Rikkardo, Moon Flame Envoy|DeadlyLoli, Nova Sentinel) -remaining inactive-
    -Dream of Mirror Online (Veigar, lvl 75 Wizard main) -active-

Just a Black Mage

Feel free to drop a question, though I am mostly limited to DOMO related content.

Quote Originally Posted by Meyera View Post
    I prefer 2 agi 1 wis until 102 agi thn pure wis. Also, Illustrious recruits new players all the time.
    I've been maxing wis out so I'll start working on agi as well and cool - that's good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Superstarstrike View Post
    To add on to Meyera's suggested build, Dex just isn't necessary for any magic-type class unless it's PvP.
    Fair enough.

Also:

I got my Shaman to level 35 and now I'm working on my Doctor sub atm but what would be the best physical attacker in the game? I used to play Fencer a lot but I'm not sure how good it is late game.

In two words: Fencer sucks.

In an actual explanation: Early game Fencer actually hits fairly hard, but it drops off like a stone in a puddle and only ends up having a use in PvP on its Targeted Attacks side (and even that isn't super common). Not to mention certain mobs start shrugging off its crowd control portion of its attacks.

The best physical attacking job right now would be Hunter.
    Last edited by Superstarstrike; March 16th, 2019 at 12:56 AM.

About fencer, I advise you to read my thread about it (even i'm not a pro with DOMO, but I tried to get it as far as possible, for the levelling part... and that killed my fun with the game).

https://forum.subagames.com/showthread.php?t=92632

The more to read is how it was before and with the last answer, how Softstar definitely killed it with the shaman update.

About PVP, i always though 2nd skill set cast times were too enormous to make them usable... some friend of mine that are doing PVP casually confirmed it as the best way to use them is as a shamy x fencer now...

You also need to update your game knowledge with stuff that never existed on Aeria and are super usefull for levelling :
    Vanity pet bonuses when packed : https://domo.fandom.com/wiki/Vanity_Pet_Treasure_Box
    Wardrobe passive bonuses : https://domo.fandom.com/wiki/Wardrobe
    and updates on equipment modifications (aka costume modding and legendary stuff) : https://domo.fandom.com/wiki/Equipment_modification

Those evolution plus the modification on the shaman class have all a huge impact on the gaming experience.