Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Somewhat new, would appreciate some help

  1. #1

    Default Somewhat new, would appreciate some help

    Hello everyone, I'm new on the forums.
    I firstly laid my eyes on PT in 2002 I think, I was verry young back then, 12 yo, I found out about the game from and older family friend who was already playing it. It was kinda one of the first mmo's for me, I think before that I played some MU online.
    Unfortunately at that time if I remember correctly you would have to pay a subscription if you wanted to play over level 15 i think, I know they removed that afterwards. So because of that my only experience with PT was playing like all the classes to level 15 or something like that because of course back then, at that age, my parents wouldn't give me their credit card to pay for a game. I kinda always wished i could've played it though. Time passed and i forgot about it, with the release of newer mmo's. Many years later, now I'm almost 30 and i recently remembered about it and I really want to start playing the game for old time sake.

    Of course I can't say I'm returning to the game since my experience with the actual game was until level 15, so I don't have so much knowledge.

    I think I'd wanna play a mage, but I would want to know from those that have a good experience over the years, how long does it take to level up a new lvl 1 to max level nowadays? Can I manage lvling solo, do I need to invest in the shop or is it possible to lvl up to max and have a nice gameplay afterwards without spending real money?

    I thank you in advance for the replies.

  2. #2

    Default

    No one here care to help a brother out?

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlkantriquG0Dp1 View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm new on the forums.
    I firstly laid my eyes on PT in 2002 I think, I was verry young back then, 12 yo, I found out about the game from and older family friend who was already playing it. It was kinda one of the first mmo's for me, I think before that I played some MU online.
    Unfortunately at that time if I remember correctly you would have to pay a subscription if you wanted to play over level 15 i think, I know they removed that afterwards. So because of that my only experience with PT was playing like all the classes to level 15 or something like that because of course back then, at that age, my parents wouldn't give me their credit card to pay for a game. I kinda always wished i could've played it though. Time passed and i forgot about it, with the release of newer mmo's. Many years later, now I'm almost 30 and i recently remembered about it and I really want to start playing the game for old time sake.

    Of course I can't say I'm returning to the game since my experience with the actual game was until level 15, so I don't have so much knowledge.

    I think I'd wanna play a mage, but I would want to know from those that have a good experience over the years, how long does it take to level up a new lvl 1 to max level nowadays? Can I manage lvling solo, do I need to invest in the shop or is it possible to lvl up to max and have a nice gameplay afterwards without spending real money?

    I thank you in advance for the replies.
    Well, welcome back, I guess
    I too just came back not long ago. I can't remember when I started back in the days - but I haven't got a char higher than lvl 90 at the moment. I've been asked to join the PT discord - but haven't yet. But I'd advice you to do that; reason being that these forums are kind of dead. We are only few who still uses this forum, so you will rarely get a reply.

    Now, about that mage... My highest char is a mage, lvl 90 as I write this. Mages are fast lvlers, having their AoE skills helps them a lot while lvling - so you can easily go solo lvling. Also, since last you played, I believe they changed the xp gained, so that you lvl a lot faster now (still slow at mid-higher lvls, but it is a lot easier to lvl now in my experience).
    As I stated, I'm no where near max lvl. But I'm pretty sure you don't have to spend real life cash to enjoy the game at a higher lvl. At least I haven't had the need so far - and I'm not having trouble gathering gold and such for higher aged items (80D mid-high aged), so you shouldn't worry about that.

    In my own experience.. Lvling a mage is a nice choice for a first char, since you can use it to lvl up other chars later on; you just need 2 accounts for that, since you can only use 1 char per account at a time. I've been told that mages don't do good high lvl maps though, here you should either choose fighter, pike, ata, mech, (knight); as a couple examples of classes that are better for hunting. Right now I'm using my mage to lvl up my atalanta, she is now lvl 86.

    Anyway - welcome back; I hope you'll enjoy the game. You can add me in-game if you want to chat. I'ts not that I play a lot at the moment, since I have a son, 8 months old to keep me busy
    But if you ever see me online, feel free to pm me, maybe I can help you get some gear.

    In game name: Rayon - (mage)
    Galadia - (atalanta)

  4. #4

    Default

    Hello xDreamr, thanks for replying. I did kinda joined the discord channel, but I haven't gained full access because I didn't create a character yet. Also I appreciate the information.

    How long did it take you to level your mage to 90 and do you think making a knight as my first char to solo is better than mage?
    Also if you don't mind telling me what is the level cap nowadays and on what server do you play your character.

    Also when you say two accounts you mean like multi-boxing, playing with two accounts at once?

    Thanks a lot, also if you use discord, leave me your ID as a pm here so we can chat more easily.
    Again I appreciate your reply a lot and wish you all the luck and happiness upon your son

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlkantriquG0Dp1 View Post
    Hello xDreamr, thanks for replying. I did kinda joined the discord channel, but I haven't gained full access because I didn't create a character yet. Also I appreciate the information.

    How long did it take you to level your mage to 90 and do you think making a knight as my first char to solo is better than mage?
    Also if you don't mind telling me what is the level cap nowadays and on what server do you play your character.

    Also when you say two accounts you mean like multi-boxing, playing with two accounts at once?

    Thanks a lot, also if you use discord, leave me your ID as a pm here so we can chat more easily.
    Again I appreciate your reply a lot and wish you all the luck and happiness upon your son
    I can't remember how long it took to get to 90, but the speed of lvls wasn't that bad. Take in to consideration that I don't play that much, and that I also lvled most of my lvls during mini boss event, which was very nice exp
    My experience, as I said, is that compared to many years ago, you gain exp a lot faster now.

    About lvling a knight instead of a mage.. It is entirely up to you. Try read the knight section of this forum, or even better ask on discord. My method might not be the best, but I like the pace that I'm lvling. It might not be faster lvling the mage to use it later as a power lvler for other chars, as I'm doing, compared to just maining one char from the start. But I can speculate on the knight.. You'll be lvling with brandish, and for that You'll need mana. For that reason only, it might be faster to get up a mage, since mana isn't an issue here (since they got plenty mana, compared to knight), so half the time, if not most of the time, You'll be gathering mana, therefore lvling slow.

    I believe lvl cap is 140 now, but someone may correct me on that.
    I play on valento server mostly, since it is the most active server. Take into consideration that events are usually active on the other servers and not valento(just to keep in mind)
    However you can play your chars on All servers, if that was the question, No restrictions as to which server they were created on.

    About the double account.. You can log in to multiple account at once, but only one char per account. Therefore, if you follow my method of training, you would create two accounts, one with the mage and one with another char that you would leech exp off of the mage with. As long as you don't use any programs of some sort that are playing the game for you, you won't be doing anything you shouldn't.

    I hope this helps, and Thanks regarding the comment on my son

  6. #6

    Default

    Thanks a bunch mate, your information was very helpful, would you want to exchange discord ID's? If so send me a PM with yours and we can chat more, maybe even play together.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlkantriquG0Dp1 View Post
    Thanks a bunch mate, your information was very helpful, would you want to exchange discord ID's? If so send me a PM with yours and we can chat more, maybe even play together.
    I haven't joined the discord yet, sorry.. But you can try catch me in game on one of the two chars I listed
    I'm from Denmark btw. Hope you'll have fun playing pt again

  8. #8

    Default

    Thanks man, I will definitely. I'm from EU also. Do you use any other chatting platform? Skype, anything else?

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlkantriquG0Dp1 View Post
    Thanks man, I will definitely. I'm from EU also. Do you use any other chatting platform? Skype, anything else?
    I don't - but I'll try join discord sooner or later
    Have you settled on a class yet?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •