Thread: Help repair the transmission

Default Help repair the transmission

I was recently involved in a car accident. Nothing serious, hit the bumper and the bumper rail. But here's the trouble, I hit the transmission (4l60e) along with the bumper, no visible damage, but something obviously happened.

I'm in the car repair business. When I was a kid, my father and I used to repair an old Pontiac. Then we used manuals to understand how the mechanisms in the car worked. Now these manuals can be found on the Internet. Once knowing how to use manuals saved me from a long wait for help. On the road, my Lexus ES car broke down, which I had never repaired. The nearest service station was more than 100 miles away. After finding the manuals online (https://at-manuals.com/manuals/4l60e-4l65e-700r4/) , I quickly figured out the cause of the breakdown and proceeded to repair it. An hour later, I was driving again. Perhaps this advice will save you a lot of time and money, too.

Thanks for the advice. I will definitely look in the manuals to solve my problem, but I think it would be easier to send the car to the service station. The guys there will find a solution to any problem.

If it helps you save money, why not give it a try.

It is a pity that you are in such a situation. When I took my car wash to the service, I was told after cleaning with steamer for car detailing that I needed to be more careful with my transmission. For external washing, I use a product without rinsing. My only tool is a hand-pump sprayer, like the kind used to kill weeds.