Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: The "Get this game" thread

One of the very few Sci-Fi Anime style MMOs that was a success for nearly 10 years (2007 to 2016) is up for grabs. Who's developers recently celebrated the 25th anniversary of the Shin Megami Tensei Series.

The smooth anime style is easy on the eyes and very unique to this game.

With a compelling story mixed with Law, Chaos, and Demons.

The game gives you decisions to make for yourself creating multiple paths to follow through the apocalyptic wasteland that's left of Tokyo.

Shin Megami Tensei also has a unique Demon companion system. The companions you convince to travel with you can be fused together to create a stronger demon you haven't had yet.

With over 200 possible demons to fight, create, or battle with. Everyone has an endless amount of possible teams of demons to have.

There'a a surplus of cosmetics and equipment to customize your character and set yourself aside from the rest of the crowd.

The cities are crowded with people to socialize with and befriend and trade with

And plenty of dungeons to explore with your friends and your demons and your friends demons too

Places to go, people to see, demons to catch, and huge bosses to kill

Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine Online is a game worth playing and a game worth reviving. With a nostalgic fanbase just waiting for this game to be picked back up again. It's a game worth having. Especially on a site known for reviving games people love.

Loved Megaten and played on both Aeria and Atlus. Would be amazing if Suba could pick this gem back up

Domo IGN : Genius

I'll have to repost here since i can't delete my other comment on a different post

Quote Originally Posted by OniFenrir View Post
    ....I've played this and i'm probably the only one who can stop you, the thing is... Atlus sold the rights to CAVE and it was CAVE who brought the downfall of SMT: Imagine both in the US and JP, CAVE outright denied content on the US, to the point that Aeria Games had to forcefully crack the patches to update the game, until CAVE got pissed off and forced them to shut down that server by not renewing the contract, then it moved to ATLUS USA... and there was from barely to no update there until it died and ATLUS USA turned into MARVELOUS USA before it's final years, so, it would be kind of comlplex for SUBA games, since... who the hell has the rights? Is even Atlus intrested in keep developing the story? Will CAVE allow it without backstabbing again?

On the note about JP... CAVE had a very bad way of handling the game, players could reach level 90-something even when there was barely any content to justify since... Ichigaya gold runs shenanigans.

Even if that's not enough SUBA might need to get an experienced team in cracking updates and get ready to see the game getting killed again.

And finally there're certain demons that will petty much raise the minimal age to play it because.... MARA!!!!... yeah, not the slime one.... along potentially more striperiffic demons.

I've been petty pesimist, i'll just bring the plus side, this game is like Mabinogi (albeit more grindy in nature and players are unable to max out all the skils) but with better (more efficient) engine (since it isn't that RAM consuming) and now thanks to P5, SMT: Imagine can live of the ideas from all the franchises, even Persona-like re-skins and more clothes so... yay for microtransactions?

Also there'll be probably a proper end for the game (a final battle against YHWH).
    Besides that i thin ATLUS still exist as a potential publisher and as i stated in the quote, there's no way to know if they want the game online again.

I would... really... reeeeeallyyyyyyyy want to ask for C21, but there's an english NA publisher, Cyberstep US despite being themselves and Cyberstep JP the ones who killed the game in the first place, also there's this fear i have that they'll somehow kill the game... AGAI!!! (Yeah, they've been known for allowing other sites to publish their games, but somehow those servers don't seem to survive for some odd reason... i have the feeling that Cyber$tep is the cause.) The plus side is that it's an old engine... akin to DoMO in some way since the game is from around 2k5.

(I do really like this game and it still getting updated... at least the JP server does, it was something new for that age, an MMORPG about robots)

I.... dem Koei, still has an english publisher... seems that Shin Sangoku Musou Online Z won't be reviving anytime soon... then again... it's Dynasty Warrior...the barely existant AI turns it into just a PvP game with (most of the time) standing upgrades just waiting to be slain (They also allowed Aeria games to publis DWO).

...There's Nobunaga's something from Koei again, but dunno about that one... oh yeah, english NA publisher.... dem.... AGAIN!!!

...I'd ask for the F2P lego online game to come back but again, english north american publisher and developement probably stopped after the shut down notice appeared.

After a very brief moment of contemplation... i realized i can't lie to my inner gamer fanboy, i do seriously want C21 English server to be back, i would even beg C.$. japan if i had to, but this game requires for people to grind, farm and be smart (since you have to dismantle a lot of robots to make custom builds) and SUBA to not screw it up like Cyber$tep did by daring to remove the original Open World playstyle for a linear one with barely any content until the game is having it's final breath
    Last edited by OniFenrir; August 26th, 2017 at 10:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EchoSaviour View Post
    I'll leave this thread up for any people who want to suggest a game out there that you would like to see us host. Remember that we cannot guarantee that we'll get them as this is strictly for suggestions. Suggestions need to meet the following requirements:

1a: No English Publisher
    1b: No North American Publisher

2: Must be a game thats already out at some place in the world, or was released at some point. (Games in development are really really tough grabs)

3: Game must still have developer support. (Don't go asking for us to host a game like Silent Death Online. Which was an awesome mmo btw but developer completely canned the project)

Alright, get suggesting.
    Spirit Tales Online / Glory Destiny Online Please

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041