Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to mod PT.

Default How to mod PT.

Welcome everyone, I have been looking at the current PT modding "tutorials" and stuff on here and none of it is accurate enough to get the job done, I mean, even I had to get help from a friend for TGA's, super embarrassing she isn't even supposed to know how to use a computer!!! Just messing kitty ;D

Anyways without further ado.. I present to you (See what I did there? it rhymed hehe) The PT Modding Tutorial!!

How to Mod PT

FILES
    When you first begin to mod PT you will notice that you cannot open, ANY of the files in there, that is because of a special hex code at the start of the file that restrict anybody from opening them. Thanks to the trusty internet, we have been gifted with some wonderful tools to aid us in opening and modifying these files.

What You Need
    This guide will be using GIMP as the main editing tool for BMP and TGA so I suggest going and downloading it from Here

As I stated previously, you wont be able to open diddly squat, so you will require the tools to open them. The 3 tools required are TGA Reader, BMP Patcher, and WAV Patcher. I generally don't modify WAV because I stink and modifying sound but, that much is up to you.

The 3 files can be dowloaded Here!

Simply extract the 3 programs into a folder on your desktop or somwere else that has nothing but this in it, and is on it's own. Like C:/PTEditor or
    Desktop/EditorDir

The last thing you need is a BACKUP FOLDER, This is ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL. Keep this folder seperate from your edits folder but in the same place as it, so you can open them both at the same time.

BMP's

When you are editing a BMP file from the PT folder, select the file you wish to edit, for example Pristontale\image\Sinimage\Items\Potion\Itec101 which is the file for the ether core to ricarten, You select it, press Ctrl+C or copy it, then paste it into both your backup folder, and the folder with your editing tools in it. Now double click the BMP Patcher tool and follow its lead, you will press a button, it will patch the file, then you press another button and it closes the application. Super simple, but it does a TONNE and makes your life A LOT easier. Now you can open that BMP file in the editor folder.

Once you have the file patched, open it with GIMP, if you do not know how to use gimp, the best way to learn it is through YOUTUBE. Don't use google tutorials, they will only confuse you. Watch youtube tutorials for a bit and follow along on them. However, since you are just editing an ether core, I will say an example of how to do it. Press Shift+Q and select the eraser, erase the center of the core were it is green so that there is no red there, press Shift+Q again so all the red goes away and the core center is selected, go to the color tab on top and choose colorize, play with the sliders to get desired effect, accept. Ctrl+S to save the file and close.

Now you have a new CORE. NOTE that you CANNOT change the file size, that would only cause major confusion in the game and it may not load properly.

Now once you have the edited image you can simply Copy it from the editor folder and paste it into the priston tale folder, and overwrite it. Once you launch PT the new core will be there. Remember that you already backed up the files if you ever need them ;D

TGA's

TGA's were a bit more difficult for me. However this guide will make it easy for you with GIMP. Find the TGA in PT that you wish to edit, copy and paste it into the editor folder and into your backups just like the BMP. Now open the TGA Reader, and open the TGA that you put into the editor folder, you can now close the TGA reader. There is now a new TGA in your Editor Folder called ArchivoTmp, delete your original PT file that is in the editor and rename ArchivoTmp to what the PT file was called, this is the file you can edit. Open it with gimp.

You can edit this file as you would in gimp with the same tools but there is somthing you must do. Create a new layer in the layers tab, and put it above the current TGA, now you can edit the new layer all you want, it is transperant so it doesnt really matter, throw color on in a transperancy to get the desired colors. Once you have finished editing the TGA, merge the top layer down. This makes the file have to save with a new compression which is necessary to make it work in PT, now save the file and you will get a box that asks what type of RLE Compression to use, simply uncheck the RLE compression button and click OK. Now you can copy and paste your edited TGA into the PT folder and it will work fine.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.

EasyRage
    >> My Mod Shop! <<

hey, i did enjoyed it (:, but i have 1 question , if a gm finds im usin mods, can he ban me?

Quote Originally Posted by alex241095 View Post
    hey, i did enjoyed it (:, but i have 1 question , if a gm finds im usin mods, can he ban me?
    nope, its allowed in here, so don't worry about it, majority of EPT players uses a MOD files

https://www.facebook.com/lovekopt

i cant open nothing from the 3 files and i have GIMP 2
    i do all what you say
    help me pls
    <P></P>
    <P>Noam2000-Fighter 8x-Clan Delta</P>

forgot its work XD
    <P></P>

my tga reader dont working-
    "Componet COMDLG32.OCX or one of its dependenices not correctly registed:a file is missing or invaild"
    help pls
    <P></P>

http://www.ascentive.com/support/new...b/COMDLG32.OCX

Right click above link > Save as > then put it into the same folder as the TGA reader

nothing hepend its still:
    "Componet COMDLG32.OCX or one of its dependenices not correctly registed:a file is missing or invaild"
    <P></P>

its need to be:
    .OCX
    you give me:
    .HTML
    <P></P>

Well then google "COMDLG32.OCX + download" and chuck the file into the tga reader folder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast