Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Automech Guide

I've got another question for ya spirit (or any other high lvl automech).

I recently purchased a wyv armor (min str ata... but its still lower then min str as phoenix) and I've got a question about aging/mixing again.

I had two pairs of as salamander armor, one that was +5 and one that was +40 hp mix. I found I did much better in almost every area with the +40 hp rather then the aged one. So my question is this, would it be crazy for me to mix the wyvern +40? will it hurt me later on? and at what age do u think an armor becomes better then a +40 mix?
    Kaidoh 9x Automech - Member of Eternal
    Any former Vengeance (EPT-Mardanos and PTP(NetPlay)-Migal) members out there? pm me!

Well I used both in the past. My phonix is hp mixed while my frenzy is abs mixed (+30%). The hp armor should be fine unless you wanna age high or do like me with the 30% abs mix. Personally I never wanted to risk aging high on minimum str as armors as they are far too hard to replace. And the 30% mix is only really worth it on lvl 100+ armors. The 30% abs mix on a frenzy is similar to a frenzy +10.

I keep my Phonix armor with +40 hp for boss hunting where the xtra hp is vital. However for normal training/hunting the abs mixed armor reduced my potting enough to me being able to tank a few mobs in ice2 now and if I got vl I can tank 1 et2 mob.

So if I have to advice, use the +40 hp to you reach a frenzy. Then I will leave it to you if you wanna risk the aging or use the same mix I do.
    Last edited by Spirit; December 16th, 2010 at 04:06 PM.
    Kamica - 12x prs - OHxR3B1RTH (main char)
    Kamicana - 10x ata
    SpiritRage - 11x automech
    Kasmic - 11x ks
    Kamira - lvl 6x personal shop located on valento server

i never realized there was a mix that adds a percentage instead of a set amount, must not have been popular years ago when the armors had such a smaller base abs. thanks for the advice though, I was just making sure i wasn't about to make a big mistake with my armor.
    Any former Vengeance (EPT-Mardanos and PTP(NetPlay)-Migal) members out there? pm me!

I a question>> whats the required str for a lvl 100 MS boots

The min str for ms 100 boots is 95 - and for your future reference you can always get these type answers at " ept1.net" - an excellent site provided by vago for everyones benefit =)

How hard would it be to get my 65 Mech to 8x with just my +10 Sagi?! =)
    12x Fighter - K3N [NewB]

11x Mech - Phear the Moo with the Phro

'Honor Above All Else' - ChaosKnight

Old School Midranda - UnknownKC

Member of OHxr3birth

Actually, I was wondering if theres any existance of a hybrid automech? So Auto + I dunno..something which allows a Mech to use grand smash from time to time..
    12x Fighter - K3N [NewB]

11x Mech - Phear the Moo with the Phro

'Honor Above All Else' - ChaosKnight

Old School Midranda - UnknownKC

Member of OHxr3birth

it's pointless. auto-damage is horrible as it is. and you won't have enough str to make GS worthwhile. or to even carry your weapon. if you do, auto becomes more worthless...
    viðrar vel til loftárása

Quote Originally Posted by iK3N View Post
    Actually, I was wondering if theres any existance of a hybrid automech? So Auto + I dunno..something which allows a Mech to use grand smash from time to time..
    there actually is an auto/str hybrid on the server, OblivionWarrior. He's high 8x (last i saw) and uses an extreme scythe and spike jav. I out damage him by quite a bit which I guess isnt that shocking. I believe he also uses ms armors so his str is probably about 60-80 points higher then a normal automech at his level. Overall it would be an interesting build to try. But just like Exarchia said, you'd be taking alot of dmg away from bows/jav and gaining only a fraction of the dmg you could be getting with an extreme+gs.

Also it kind of defeats the main reason to be an automech, no need for mana

A more fun hybrid build is spark-auto. Since spd 10 also applies to the casting speed of spark and magic forces help spark out a little you might almost kill a mob with the skill!

almost.
    Last edited by cazafex; January 6th, 2011 at 11:55 PM.

Tonight i was doing some testing for a new build. The santa suit is an extremely good pure armor, and with celesto mixes it becomes even better. Also, since pt now has aged subgear, the def and abs a pure build can get is actually quite ridiculous. So i'm planning on redoing my autos stats and going with spirit's 111 str pure build. (even though i was ripping on it earlier in this thread ) Currently i'm only lvling at ct2, and nothing there (excluding ratoos) hurts that bad when i wear my suit (+40 hp +4 abs mix) and blaze shield (B> MS great shield 111 str 19% blk )

my only question is, where's the best place for automechs to level at 95+? I'm planning on switching back to a balanced build at that point, assuming ct2 isn't the best place.
    Last edited by cazafex; January 9th, 2011 at 01:17 AM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast