Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Error I3: an error occured when connecting to the server?

u got teamviewer right?

Quote Originally Posted by Spiftman View Post
    u got teamviewer right?
    Yes.. Send me a PM with your ID code and I can take a look why your windows update is not working.

136 197 820 is id pas is 9896

So far with Spiftman's case. I was able to remotely check his computer, and we've learned that he can not connect to windows update, nor download any files from MS servers. Also, we could not update his virus databases, or malware databases. We have manually downloaded a patch for his malware. But if anyone else is having problems with this I3 error, and can not use windows update. Odds are that this problem is linked. As soon as we find a solution we'll post it.

Updating: We detected several instances of malware on his computer. And we are still unable to update his malware/virus definitions, access MS servers or the online Mat server. He's going to try to run Ad-aware over the night in safemode to see if it picks up anything else. In the meantime, I would really be interested to know if others who are experiencing this error are also having issues accessing any of MS downloads, the MS Update server, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by TinyAce View Post
    How do i run a windows update btw?
    would do it manually but microsoft.com is broken
    It would appear that TinyAce, you are also having this issue since you were saying Microsoft.com was broken. If I were you, I would try to have your computer tested for malware. I would recommend the following:

First confirm that when you try to access MS Update, you get a "Page cannot be displayed" or something similar. Next confirm that when you try to download this file, it would appear that the file is offline or website is down.

MS Update:
    http://update.microsoft.com

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/e...displaylang=en

If you can not access either of those links, try downloading and installing one of the following programs, start with the first one and if it does not work, then install the second.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
    http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebyte...-10804572.html

-or-

Ad-Aware Free Internet Security
    http://download.cnet.com/Ad-Aware-Fr...bj=dl&tag=top5

Although I have not found a full fix for this problem yet, I think we're on the right track..

i fixed my previous login problem and now have this error....hmm i really dont bealive windows update would have anything to do with it...

plus i have windows update working updating every day or two

rofl fixed it...forgot i left the program in capability mode...u guys check if u did the same

Quote Originally Posted by Execution View Post
    rofl fixed it...forgot i left the program in capability mode...u guys check if u did the same
    Glad you got it solved. Your situation was a bit different than the one I described. Care to share your steps to resolve the initial problem, before you were getting the I3 error?

yea for playing i had to instal .net framework 2.0 then for some reason it screwed up my .net framework 3 and i had to reinstall it

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast