View Poll Results: Has this thread helped or taught you more about the video options in MAT?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

35 83.33%
  • no

7 16.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MAT Video Settings Tutorial (And Performance Optimization)

My monitor resulotin is 1600x900 yet I only see a max option of 1024x768 in the game??? Why aren't the other options available? Also, is there a way to "force widescreen" mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Airk View Post
    My monitor resulotin is 1600x900 yet I only see a max option of 1024x768 in the game??? Why aren't the other options available? Also, is there a way to "force widescreen" mode?
    The games resolution doesn't take place until you have actually entered a round for battle. During all the other menus and room areas, it's fixed at 1024x768.

Doesn't make a difference. See the screenshots below. Max option is only 1024x768.

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/7...eenshot1wz.jpg
    http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/9...reenshot2d.jpg

ohh that's weird.. i have many more options than that.. I have about 6 or 8 different resolutions to choose from.. Maybe you could try updating your video drivers.

But it only happens on this game? Other games I get all video options, I know its very weird; is there any way to force the game to display the various reslotions... like editing a .cfg or .ini file? Maybe a GM can look into this?

Heyy.

This seems to be a rare problem I am guessing.

I am going to have to give you a generic response, re-install the client.

Go ahead and unistall the game. From there, go to your subagames folder and delete it. Then go back to re-downloading and re-installing the client

That should fix it up!

if not, ill look into it

~Epic
    <P>&nbsp;</P>

So I re-installed the game, same issue. If it matters, my display adapter is an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470; it plays games very well but for whatever reason the display resolution for MATonline will only go to 1024x768 max... a bit frustrating.

Yea, I understand how that can be annoying.

What are the resolutions that you get in windowed (should be the same, but are they different?)

Maybe switching to and from windowed mode should help with the options showing up.

This is the first that I have heard of a problem like that, I can only imagine it being client sided (your client) meaning that you are one of (maybe) a few who have run into this problem. There might be conflicting programs, but I doubt it.

I'll have a look at the configuration files and if I notice something happening within them, I'll send it over to you.
    <P>&nbsp;</P>

Doesn't matter if I switch from Window to Full Screen; I only have two options: 800x600 and 1024x768. I've disabled that Catalyst AI in my ATI Properties to see if that would help, but didn't make any difference. Its just weird that other games I can select a higher resolution.

Would be much appreciated if something could be figured out. Thanks!

thb im not trying to sound ignorant or anything but all you did was repeat " depending on your graphics card" . What im about to tell you will change your life. Lowest settings possible = more frame rates.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast