Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leveling Guide.

Red face Leveling Guide.

Since i'm bored, I don't see my old one from the old forums as a sticky I will write a new one.

Sticky this please.

I'm going to break the leveling guide down into classes, I can only give information based off what I know for each class and where I/others have leveled.

This guide is relevant to solo leveling, subject to change if you have a party.
    I am going up to 9x because after that it should be obvious.

Brief Overview:

--[xx] Levels refer to the BEST time to go to that map.
    I.E:
    70[75]-80[85], Refers to the fact, if you have good enough gear go to that map at 70, if not you can definitely handle it at [75]. A lot of soloing is based on gear dependence.

(x1, xx) Next to a map name is just its common abbreviation (Good to know those).

Italicized map names means, its more so a personal preference but it is not the map I recommend leveling on.

Underlined means that is the map most people I know level on & my map recommendation

Both at the same time, means I would level there if you have the gear and means to but, it will be a bit more challenging.

Fighters/Mechs/Knights/Pikes

Lvl. 1-5: Garden of Freedom
    Lvl. 5-10: Ancient Refuge/Ascasia Forest
    Lvl. 10-20[22]: Ruinen Village
    Lvl. 20[22]-30[35]: Cursed Land (CL)
    Lvl. 30[35]-43: Forgotten Land (D1)
    Lvl. 43-55: Forgotten Land & Oasis (D2)
    Lvl. 55-65: Battlefield of the Ancients (D3), Forbidden Land (D4), Beehive Cave
    Lvl. 65-70[75]: Dark Sanctuary (DS) & Dungeon Fl. 3 (U3, Dun3)
    Lvl. 70[75]-80[85]: Dark Sanctuary & Cursed Temple Fl.1 (S1, CT)
    Lvl. 80-90: Cursed Temple Fl. 1 & 2, Greedy Lake (GL), Iron 1 (i1, RoC)

Priestess/Atlanta/Mage/Archer

Lvl. 1-7: Garden of Freedom
    Lvl. 7-12: Ancient Refuge&Ascasia Forest
    Lvl. 12-22[23]: Ruinen Village
    Lvl. 23-30[35]: Cursed Land (CL)
    Lvl. 30[35]-43[50]: Forgotten Land (D1)
    Lvl. 43[50]-55: Forgotten Land & Oasis
    Lvl. 55-65[70]: Battlefield of the Ancients & Beehive Cave
    Lvl. 65[70]-75[80]: Dark Sanctuary
    Lvl. 75[80]-85[90]: Cursed Temple Fl. 1, Greedy Lake, Dark Sanc.
    Lvl. 85-9x+: Greedy lake, Cursed Temple Fl.1 , Cursed Temple Fl.2

If you have any comments, questions, or things you would like to add, feel free to PM me or post below ^_^
    Hope this helps some of the newer players, I sure wish there was one of these back in the day
    Alerion (KS) - Lv . 10x
    Kismet (PRS) - Lv. 10x
    eXile (FS) - Lv. 96

could add... since 9x to 10x:
    because, mele char can train s2, i2, cave. loc (for ks 95+)
    if add 9x to 10x could say too where is good for solo, in party or both.

about prs and mage, can add like training map dun3.

and sod too can be added like training place ^^

is my opinion... based in valento server spawns. dunno exactly how are spawns in awell and midranda.
    Last edited by MagdaThePriestess; November 9th, 2010 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MagdaThePriestess View Post
    could add... since 9x to 10x:
    because, mele char can train s2, i2, cave. loc (for ks 95+)
    if add 9x to 10x could say too where is good for solo, in party or both.

about prs and mage, can add like training map dun3.

and sod too can be added like training place ^^

is my opinion... based in valento server spawns. dunno exactly how are spawns in awell and midranda.
    Yea there are a few other places but I figure after about 7x most people should get the point of where to level, just went to 9x for kicks.
    But yeah, SoD and Dun3 are always good places, I should have listed those

Awell has pretty clean and empty spawns in comparison to Val, so i'm sure on Val you might have to get a bit more creative or use a lower level map if all the spawns are taken. Which isn't a problem in Awell

Did my best for like a 15 minute post >:]

Thanks for the sticky.
    Alerion (KS) - Lv . 10x
    Kismet (PRS) - Lv. 10x
    eXile (FS) - Lv. 96

umm:
    atalanta:

1-20 use chaos chrystals in oasis
    21-34: ruinen, cursed, forgotten
    35-55: oasis, dun2
    55-64: forbidden land HS, dun3 HS (BoA is waste of time for ata, so is beehive)
    65-75: dun3 HS, DS
    75-80: DS, S1
    80-94: s2 -> i2/ i1
    95+ LOC

Prs:
    1-20 look above
    21-34 forgotten / nav
    35-55 oasis
    55-66 beehive / forbidden HS / BoA if others full
    66-70 ds / forbidden HS /dun3 HS solo
    70-95 s1 (ct1) or dun3 hs solo
    95+ LOC

you can solo dun3 hs pretty fast as ata.

as soon you have high VL you can solo pretty much everything as prs!

please dont mistake ata with archer
    dont underestimate prses VL and DL flinch
    ata can use kiting with storm jav in DS so she can train there ASAP
    you can use the same techniqe in S1, thats why i could solo the hs there earlier than pikes could.

also mage should go to dun3 as soon he has meteor!

thats how i got my chars up pretty fast. i dont know about other classes

generally i would say, since now subgear can be aged and you get your abs and def high pretty fast, you can train in d4, dun3, ds, s1/2 generally as soon youre able to enter anyway.
    you just have to be smart and mix your armor with the 20hp, 3.5 abs formula and hp mix your weapon, thats all.

aging of armor and weapon is not smart for stuff below 80D
    Last edited by SelenisAaargh; November 10th, 2010 at 05:50 PM.
    <div>@TrueSelenis</div>

Quote Originally Posted by SelenisAaargh View Post
    umm:
    atalanta:

1-20 use chaos chrystals in oasis
    21-34: ruinen, cursed, forgotten
    35-55: oasis, dun2
    55-64: forbidden land HS, dun3 HS (BoA is waste of time for ata, so is beehive)
    65-75: dun3 HS, DS
    75-80: DS, S1
    80-94: s2 -> i2/ i1
    95+ LOC

Prs:
    1-20 look above
    21-34 forgotten / nav
    35-55 oasis
    55-66 beehive / forbidden HS / BoA if others full
    66-70 ds / forbidden HS /dun3 HS solo
    70-95 s1 (ct1) or dun3 hs solo
    95+ LOC

you can solo dun3 hs pretty fast as ata.

as soon you have high VL you can solo pretty much everything as prs!

please dont mistake ata with archer
    dont underestimate prses VL and DL flinch
    ata can use kiting with storm jav in DS so she can train there ASAP
    you can use the same techniqe in S1, thats why i could solo the hs there earlier than pikes could.

also mage should go to dun3 as soon he has meteor!

thats how i got my chars up pretty fast. i dont know about other classes

generally i would say, since now subgear can be aged and you get your abs and def high pretty fast, you can train in d4, dun3, ds, s1/2 generally as soon youre able to enter anyway.
    you just have to be smart and mix your armor with the 20hp, 3.5 abs formula and hp mix your weapon, thats all.

aging of armor and weapon is not smart for stuff below 80D
    Ok selenis if you want me to make a guide based on the fact most people can donate and people have money and a bunch of other really obvious things here ill fix it.

ALL CLASSES
    1-90 crystals + power level .
    Guess that covers it all right?

This is a general guide for new players on what maps are good for what levels.
    If you want to write a guide and cover, Ecosocial status in the game, how much you can donate, how much preaged gear you have, then go for it lol im sure they will sticky it.

On top of that im not underestimating any class, especially the ones you listed but you should take into consideration the different builds those classes can have, add that to your leveling guide to.
    Sorry its not perfect but I spent 10-15 minutes and i wasnt trying to cover every single character and every build and on top of that you are assumig these characters all have mana on stock, obviously if you have mana its a lot easier to pull aggro in higher maps and kill faster.

So to reitterate my point, THIS IS FOR NEW PEOPLE WHO HAVE NEVER PLAYED BEFORE AND DONT KNOW WHERE TO LEVEL.
    Thanks for your input but it felt more like flame when i read it.
    Alerion (KS) - Lv . 10x
    Kismet (PRS) - Lv. 10x
    eXile (FS) - Lv. 96

my post was meant as a criticism and to show a different and probably more challanging but also more rewarding path for the classes i know well.
    please show me where i flamed you.

FYI
    when i restarted my ata, i didnt have anythign on this server, no group of friends to support me nor any way to get mana easy way.
    also i started investing into PT when i became 8x not before.
    if you post on a forum in a matter-of-fact way, (already demanding that your thread should be stickied...) you should expect some critics.

if you start a thread named *leveling guide* as help for new players, why not invest more than 15 minutes and differentiate between different classes.
    and to be honest from the maps you suggested for atalanta and priestess i have a feeling that you dont have much experience with those chars.

but especially new people should have good advice where to train most effectively.
    and more importantly how to actually be able to have fun that way.
    why making a guide for the easy and save way? thats already covered:

If you dont recieve any damage from the mobs around you, you probably should continue with the next map.

there, you dismiss my suggestions as flame and stuff for the *rich ones* (LOL) and now you have a statement representing your suggestion.

you seem to be pissed about the 1-20 crystal thing?
    well 1-20 doesnt really matter where you lvl.
    all lowest lvl maps are pretty much straightforward.
    and especially with those xp events you pass them in a day or less.

But i am sorry for disturbing your thread with my own experience.
    I will ask trisotte to delete my posts and replace them with more pleasing non-sequiturs, maybe then you will feel better.
    Last edited by SelenisAaargh; November 11th, 2010 at 02:12 PM.
    <div>@TrueSelenis</div>

my post was meant as a criticism and to show a different and probably more challanging but also more rewarding path for the classes i know well.
    please show me where i flamed you.
    if you post on a forum in a matter-of-fact way, (already demanding that your thread should be stickied...) you should expect some critics.

if you start a thread named *leveling guide* as help for new players, why not invest more than 15 minutes and differentiate between different classes.
    and to be honest from the maps you suggested for atalanta and priestess i have a feeling that you dont have much experience with those chars.

but especially new people should have good advice where to train most effectively.
    and more importantly how to actually be able to have fun that way.
    why making a guide for the easy and save way? thats already covered:

If you dont recieve any damage from the mobs around you, you probably should continue with the next map.

there, you dismiss my suggestions as flame and stuff for the *rich ones* (LOL) and now you have a statement representing your suggestion.

you seem to be pissed about the 1-20 crystal thing?
    well 1-20 doesnt really matter where you lvl.
    all lowest lvl maps are pretty much straightforward.
    and especially with those xp events you pass them in a day or less.

But i am sorry for disturbing your thread with my own experience.
    I will ask trisotte to delete my posts and replace them with more pleasing non-sequiturs.
    I understand i'm going to get criticism but, what you just said basicly changes the whole entire thing.
    What i'm trying to say is this guide is for a new characters with no prior gold, help, or suba points.
    This is a pretty good general idea as to where you should level.

I already said in my prior post that I forgot to add Dun3 HS (throne) to the list.

Also some of the stuff you said I don't completely agree on, for one mage should go to throne right when he gets meteor.
    Ok well AGAIN, thats based upon the build. My friend was lvl. 75 mostly spr and energy shield based with mixes on his armor and until he really got around 80 he couldn't handle throne, same goes for my mage on Val. Reason: Webs

Another thing I don't agree with, you keep mentioning Forbidden Land. Well through my experience and I have personally made over 50 6x's prior to crystals, I have pretty much proven overtime Beehive and BoA HS give more EXP than forbidden at relatively almost any level[until 7x+] unless you are on a melee class or you are PARTYING, which again this is based on solo. The reason I find that map slower is because around 55 you still have crappy damage unless you are pure on ranged classes [again now builds are playing a role in determining where to level], Fifi's hit like a mofo + you have stone giants with a lot of HP/Atk, and the spawn rate atleast to me... is pretty damn slow imo.

I'm not gonna lie, I haven't really ever done much on an Ata, my leveling aspect with them is more based around the same as an archer but, AGAIN, it depends on the build.

And also, you say prs 66-75 in DS. Well at 66 on a prs I found it much easier to level in throne than in DS personally because of those damn witches, and for some reason webs don't bother me much on my prs since I have VL I can take a bit more of a beating.

Finally, yes sub gear can be aged now but, again..., this is for NEW characters with no help. When I first started it was hard enough to age my gear let alone my weps + sub gears. And that also depends on what event you start playing on because you could get lucky in a drop, hide and seek, crystal exchange, recharge/crystal/pack drop events, and sell them and make the money to age all your gear and be a beast at low level.

My guide is based soley off 1x with no event on. Thats how I mostly leveled and thats where I went to level on all the characters i've played when I was starting from scratch with no one to help me out and/or there was a lack of gear in the first place.

So as I said before, if you want to cover all the semantics of how leveling could be faster IF you have, so and so items + money, go for it.
    This was just a GENERAL IDEA of what to do, thats why I only spent 15 minutes because thats all that was really necessary.

Ill give you this though, if no other spawns are open PRS/AS/(probably Ata as you said) could go to D4 and level because its decent exp but, realistically if you are killing more mobs that give you about the same amount of exp and you are killing them faster [comparing D3 - D4] you get more exp which is why i'm more suggestive on going to D3 over D4.

One thing though with Ata/Prs/Mage/As, how & where they level is realllllllllllly based on the build.

A lot of your 'criticism' was more seemingly focused on the Ata anyways which as I said above I admitingly, don't have much experience with.
    If you would like to write an "How to Level an Atlanta" Guide below or in a new thread feel free if you feel that my guide is so obscured that an ata could not proficiently level by using it.
    Last edited by e_Xile; November 11th, 2010 at 02:32 PM.
    Alerion (KS) - Lv . 10x
    Kismet (PRS) - Lv. 10x
    eXile (FS) - Lv. 96

I will ask trisotte to delete my posts and replace them with more pleasing non-sequiturs, maybe then you will feel better.
    XD
    flattered you think about me

Anyway.... I think this thread is a good idea.
    But, if it is in sticky, it should be clean. So, I suggest you to agree about a guide. or to post each one a guide (I don't know...).
    It is not to know who is right or wrong. These are just advises for new players.
    Having different points of view isn't bad. They can test by themself after that, and make their own opinion about it.
    I am okay to do any modifications you would ask me to. But I will have to delete all the discussion (to keep it clean). You can still pm me if you want some remarks to be kept.
    ~ Lalala ~

I think you could make mage and priest their own seperate as a mage and prs will level much differently then an archer ana ata because they get DL and Dia pretty early on.

ata and arch run out of mana to quick to spam kill at that low lv to be able to get the same rate of exp as mage and prs do at 3x 4x and 5x.

Prs and mage can make quicker exp at lower maps due to higher kills.

Also with brand and torn pikes and knights level much differently then fighter and mech.

so youd have ranged (ata and arch) 1 on 1 (fighter mech) aoe melee (pike and knight) and casters (prs mage)
    Last edited by ed teh gar; November 11th, 2010 at 04:53 PM.
    [2]bad[4]you 114 ks
    I like being me =]

sig by sunbeam

I have made an Atalanta guide last year in the right section and have posted alot in prs section too already.
    And it seems that they do have some attention because of the response i get online.

Well not a complete Ata guide but a complete walkthrough for my build with references to other builds.

Also exile, new players nowadays shouldnt have many problems getting their hands on sheltoms up to devine, so aging subgear aint that uncommon.
    Last edited by SelenisAaargh; November 11th, 2010 at 05:36 PM.
    <div>@TrueSelenis</div>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast