Thread: How to use your guns/melee efficiently

Default How to use your guns/melee efficiently

Now, I just got done with a Melee mode, and near the end, I saw someone say "Hackers".
    Now, I'm sick of people saying that when it's a legit game, and their team is just subpar.

Now, I will try to point out some tips.

1: In Melee, holding down the attack button is a BAD idea. Precise strikes work better then swinging repeatedly. Headshots are best in this mode.

2: Every gun has its own range it's best at. However, they DO work at others.

3: When using a gun like the MP7, or P90 (High bullet clips) It's best to go in close, because of its high amount of bullets. Low clip guns are best reloaded frequently...which brings me to tip 4.

4: Reload often. I can't stress how important it is to go into a fight with full ammo. DON'T do it mid-fight, though. If you know there's an enemy coming, and you're sure you can kill him before your gun clicks, go ahead and kill him.

5: This will help your team: DON'T BLOCK PEOPLE. Don't match a person move for move. Try to be mindful of your teammates. You won't BELIEVE how many times I've suicided due to a teammate walking in front of me.

6: Accuracy. Walking and crouching improves it. Jumping and taking hits decreases it. DON'T spray unless you are POINT-BLANK to the enemy. Bursts work best. Scoped weapons are best fired this way. Shotguns are NOT always insta-kills at close range.

7: Don't switch to your pistol if your primary runs out. M.A.T.'s secondaries are NOT quick to pull out. They take too long, and are too inaccurate to use effectively when moving.

8: DON'T CROUCH IN MELEE! Nobody likes it, and it makes you look like a very bad player.

9: Check corners.

10: Be mindful of what your fellow players say. On both the battlefield, and in the forums. We try to help more often than not. (We also usually know what we're talking about.)

Thanks for your time. Questions and comments would be helpful. (This is my first guide, so I need recommendations on how to make a better one, if the need arises.)

P.S.: How do I get rid of the <div> on my signature?
    <div>I fight alone. I die alone. I need no friends. (But I do want some.)</div>

Also, damage is different for the different body parts. Head > Body > leg = arm

Very good, very good technique.
    Just complementing, when a melee, and the enemy shooting without getting hit him try to dodge, jump and shoot less, without gusts.
    Save ammunition, because it will eventually and while it recharges you eliminate it.
    <p></p>

Nice dude. Everyone knows this but I will put it, You can dance at a corner to see hallways, etc.
    Women are God's second mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by AL3XRAM View Post
    Nice dude. Everyone knows this but I will put it, You can dance at a corner to see hallways, etc.
    Until an enemy turns said corner, and kills you while you're pulling back the slide...that's the problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by NycxMeC View Post
    Very good, very good technique.
    Just complementing, when a melee, and the enemy shooting without getting hit him try to dodge, jump and shoot less, without gusts.
    Save ammunition, because it will eventually and while it recharges you eliminate it.
    Can you rephrase that? I couldn't understand any of it...Sorry.

NEW UPDATE!

HYBRID MODE INFO:
    1: DON'T USE MELEE!
    It's just...I saw a guy with a hammer, and played along using my M3 (Best choice, really) He SUCKED! Melee is a surefire way to die, and suck.

2: Rockets aren't worth it.
    They don't deal enough damage to matter.

3: Sniping
    Difficult, but useful. A 1-shot is very good in the hands of a skilled sniper here.

4: Anubis Spirits...
    I found the Mauser to be great for hurting them. Full-Auto guns seem to fare best against them. THEY WILL EXPLODE WHEN NEARLY DEAD!

5: TYRANTs.
    Best bet...well...just keep shooting. Like I said, rockets don't work. Shotguns are bad to use against him when he has that "aura" around him. Distance shooting is best.

6: BLOCKING
    Like I said in the main guide: DON'T BLOCK YOUR FLIPPIN' TEAMMATES! THIS APPLIES MORE SO IN THIS MODE! THE LARGE ENEMIES WILL RIP YOU BOTH TO SHREDS!

Oh, and one more thing I didn't mention. (I hit enter, and posted by accident.)

The best setup is a guy with minigun in front, and 1 or 2 shotguns mopping up what the minigunner missed. An assault rifle or sniper rifle in back.

Yeah bro, at the doomsday map there are 3 ways where the nemesis show up. And the sniper is a good option, but useless with the Tyrant.
    Women are God's second mistake.

the 4 rocket launcher or m20a1 FLASH work on tyrant
    and another tip

if u have tear gas and the dog is behind u throw at the dog the tear gas the dog will go to another direction
    Last edited by GuitarkillerX; July 10th, 2011 at 12:55 PM.