Thread: iCOG welcomes MAT

Default iCOG welcomes MAT

ICOG | eSports League | ICOG Welcomes A New Supported Game...

As a MAT player, thank you for all your hard work that got us to get to this moment. This wouldn't have been possible without you guys. Let's make this game a good one!

Woooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! Bang bang!
    Wavey Was Here And Has Done His Job.

Great news! Thanks for the update Coherent.

Finally...
    Women are God's second mistake.

The COO and I have been bouncing e-mails back and forth, getting acquainted with one another. Let's see some dedicated competitive play. You guys pushed for it, we made the partnership, now let's all work together to go to the next level 'n beyond. =)

Quote Originally Posted by [GM]MrSaturn View Post
    The COO and I have been bouncing e-mails back and forth, getting acquainted with one another. Let's see some dedicated competitive play. You guys pushed for it, we made the partnership, now let's all work together to go to the next level 'n beyond. =)
    The thing problem Saturn, is that this game has a low population and you can't expect us to help populate the competitive side of this game when very little is added in patches that help with competition. All the perks that are added, or at least most, are for casual players who want to look cool or have that cool looking weapon.

Competitive gaming usually goes against this idea. All the variants of the guns that are only attainable by purchasing with real cash have advantages, rather than being re-skins. This means that most leagues, including late WOGL and now i-COG, will push for equality amongst players. This means that all those gold guns that add a slight advantage will not be able for use. Not only that, there are a bunch of other items that deter from competitive play.

We have yet to get competitive patches, and I don't blame you guys. I'm sure that this game was made for the MMOFPS casual player, wanting to socialize and game while having a social status.

Some things that I urge Suba to try and establish with the developers are the following:
    -1st Person Spectate in Clan Matches
    -The removal of Dancing/"3rding"/Ghosting
    -Complete Re-skins WITHOUT stat changes
    -Unique maps (Most maps are just recycled & slightly modded CS maps)
    -Allowing the ban of any items (C4 Quick Defuse, Armor, Picture Sprays, "3D-Surround" that doesn't even work, etc)
    -Allow spectators to join a game and spectate in 1st person.
    -A WORKING ANTI-CHEAT IS A MUST

As you can see, there are a lot of things that should be added to have this game in competitive form. The addition of guns that have beefed up damage, armor penetration, faster reload, faster movement speed, and other perks will increase your profits, but will deter the developing competitive scene in this game.

^ he brings up great points. i think that if they (Suba) had a point system with I-COG when they run a league season (not draft), and gave rewards based on that. Rewards like gold items that are useful in competitive play. Gold is always good as a reward, but items produce a more desirable result i.m.o. and this is just one reason off the top of my head:

Reward w/ New Items: before they are released to the shop, you can win them through gaining points in competitive play. Those players will get to test new items, and other players will get to see used in action by "good" players (product promotion/marketing & placement). Subagames, on the other hand, get to provide a more valuable reward to players while also making the benefits of playing competitively more "sought after".

Don't criticize me too bad if you disagree. It's a rough idea and like any, it probably has kinks in it.

i know there are already item rewards, i'm just referring to competitive play (there's the reward if you are top clan 4 wks in a row on the CW boards but that point system is fubar)

I should get a medal or a GM for doing this all. No joke

Quote Originally Posted by HeadhuntFabo View Post
    The thing problem Saturn, is that this game has a low population and you can't expect us to help populate the competitive side of this game when very little is added in patches that help with competition. All the perks that are added, or at least most, are for casual players who want to look cool or have that cool looking weapon.

Competitive gaming usually goes against this idea. All the variants of the guns that are only attainable by purchasing with real cash have advantages, rather than being re-skins. This means that most leagues, including late WOGL and now i-COG, will push for equality amongst players. This means that all those gold guns that add a slight advantage will not be able for use. Not only that, there are a bunch of other items that deter from competitive play.

We have yet to get competitive patches, and I don't blame you guys. I'm sure that this game was made for the MMOFPS casual player, wanting to socialize and game while having a social status.

Some things that I urge Suba to try and establish with the developers are the following:
    -1st Person Spectate in Clan Matches
    -The removal of Dancing/"3rding"/Ghosting
    -Complete Re-skins WITHOUT stat changes
    -Unique maps (Most maps are just recycled & slightly modded CS maps)
    -Allowing the ban of any items (C4 Quick Defuse, Armor, Picture Sprays, "3D-Surround" that doesn't even work, etc)
    -Allow spectators to join a game and spectate in 1st person.
    -A WORKING ANTI-CHEAT IS A MUST

As you can see, there are a lot of things that should be added to have this game in competitive form. The addition of guns that have beefed up damage, armor penetration, faster reload, faster movement speed, and other perks will increase your profits, but will deter the developing competitive scene in this game.
    Got everything right there.