Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Priestess Rough Guide

I would say....
    at low lvl, ms is better

but if you are a high spirit prs (to be a high spirit prs, you should have reach a certain lvl, as opposition of "low lvl" ), vb is better.
    And if you use forces, i advise to use vb, works well with forces ^^ (should be amazing with inferna force! O.o)

problems:
    when you put all your stats points for D gear, most of the time, prs only up health and stop to up spirit :s
    that only concerns monsters, vb bug in bc and does no damage (fix it!)

as for me, i use vb cause i can use it on left "click", and because i like the animation...
    but a lot of high lvl prs continue to use ms. so it depends of you.

I hope event girl will come soon to do some tests ^^
    (you can count on me fala ^^)

my thinking has been that vb had to be better at high lvls and ive wanted to redo skills to try it. but now im concerned with your (trisotte) statement of there being a vb bc bug?!?!?! thats no good. so vb is completley uses in bc?!?!?! yikes

i appreciate all the feedback for sure! so in about 3 lvls when i have vb at 10 ill be sire to let u guys know how it works. i also love the fact that u can use vb on left click lol. so much easier!

how high does spirit need to be at lvl 90?
    http://is.net23.net Official Site of Clan Is on Awell

Well vb10 with about 240 spirit never seemed to do as well as ms10 with same spirit and equip (I used a shop item a few times to respec spells only some time back.) 232 or so is typical 8x SP. Most prs up hp instead of spending some # /8 on sp so they don't go much higher in sp until well into 9x. As Tris says, if you're a high sp build, VB should be better but I can tell you even without the maths, aint so for < 250 sp afaik.

Another factor that might or might not play into it, I'm a staff user, 80c staff > 80d wand per hit but most prs use 80d. MS is weap based, not sp based so maybe if I were a wand user primarily, I might consider switching to vb earlier? I don't do BC so that's no prob for me.

ms lvl 10 => 14(+ min wand atk power)-34(+ max wand atk power)
    per spark (4-7 sparks)

vb lvl 10 => 66(spirit/8 + min wand atk power)-91(spirit/8 + max wand atk power)
    per ball (2)

my caluls are WRONG! i didn't considere a lot of things...
    i will do as ms cast 5,5 sparks... and... no wand (impossible XD), and no spirit included either... and stupid calculs... but it's to see how we can place this 2 skills...
    ms => 77-187 => average: 132
    vb => 132-182 => average: 157

we can say vb is stronger than ms (not a lot stronger though)
    BUT, as ms is casted faster than vb, you kill faster.
    here, no force, no spirit to up vb.
    that's why i said ms is better at low lvl (you hardly use enigma force when you are 4x... and your spirit hardly go more than 150... so 150/8... doesn't make a huge difference...)

at high lvl, monsters are strongers and in general, we miss more...
    but as ms is weaker (per spark), sparks miss more than balls

if you wanna be stronger, take vb with high spirit and add force (not a trans force....)
    if you wanna keep your stats point for health... we have to do tests or calculs... (omg.. that willl give me a headache) to see at which spirit it's better (and the extend), and if we add forces.. blablabla...
    if you wanna bc, go for ms! it works, it's faster to cast, so you can pot faster (between 2 casts)
    you might die while casting your spell with vb XDDDD

hrm... much to consider lol. im going for VB atm.. may as well follow it thru. if it sucks.. ill try ms. do those calculations and let me know how high spirit needs to be! i sooo dont do math! lol

holy bolt good for anything? i never hear much talk about it.

thnx so much for helping out! smoooches!
    http://is.net23.net Official Site of Clan Is on Awell

Yeah super interesting =D glad to read all this info.

Holy bolt is useless, just a skill used to level a tiny bit faster untill you get to lvl 22 when you can spam divine lightning All though I do have it set as my left hand skill when im in high level maps, in case i accidentally click left mouse button, its a quick cast and i can repot/escape fast, as opposed to VB the only other skill that is left handed, or no skill selected, if you attack then you sometimes get robe bug and all your defense goes away.

oh... btw, when i say vb doesn't work in bc, it's against other players.
    i think it works against towers (pple doesn't want me to hit alone the tower to test! XD)

holy bolt.... stronger than ms (per spark), but when you up holy bolt, it doesn't increase the number of bolt => ms better
    weaker than vb and doesn't include spirit... => vb better
    that's to say..... do NOT increase this skill! XD

@ SunnyZ
    robe bug?? O.O
    still?
    i didn't reallised it. XD

Well I get it now .. between the MS n VB thingie ..
    I personal lvled VB~, I still need 1 lvl before its lvl 10..
    But its kinda suck for a prs who has maxed VB when its useless in BC against a player, :'<

Quote Originally Posted by trisotte View Post
    @ SunnyZ
    robe bug?? O.O
    still?
    i didn't reallised it. XD
    Ye we still got it, its not as noticeable once you start wearing the crazy "new" lvl 80b + gear.

My mate gavan recorded a vid of the bug in action, hes an old school lvl 90 still wearing lvl 70 gear. But the bug is still very noticeable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkSyPpR9VzU

Hey Tris, thanks for putting some #s in for everyone. However, I think there is a big thing missing from your calculation there. Its not damage per cast but damage over time as you keep on spamming. MS is faster. So you may want to revisit and test some timings over say a 10 second period. Just a thought.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast