Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Modern M-Gears and You

Default Modern M-Gears and You

(Funny Title is funny)
    As Per request from Naro, here's a nice strategy guide meant for M-Gears on this Version of AO.

Please note that the build section of this topic is meant for Lv 88 M-Gears, so if you are lower level or higher, alter the current stats to fit your level.

Without further a do, the strategy guide~
    __________________________________________________ __________________
    First of all there's still many aspects to an MG than one can think.
    I've learned the hard way; going out to wars and learning death by death ever since my MG was named White_Bird for all I know. From my experiences, here they are in one post.

War tactics
    (Haha, lists)
    (There's gonna be a lot of IFs in this list so get used to it)
    1.1 - Use every single thing to your advantage. You see that mini map on the top right corner of your screen that you almost never use? Well guess what, you're now gonna start using it. Why you ask? Well lets say you're min ranging some A-Gear and out of no where, you get GBMed in the face. How? B-Gears. Simple as that. Use that mini map to your advantage. It can definitely help you out if you are min ranging A-Gears or just warring. You might be asking yourself "How can I tell if its a B-Gear or not?". Well lets use the min ranging example again. If you use your mini map correctly, you can tell who is the B-Gear by these little mental notes I've taken. Most B-Gears will just come right at you and try to catch you in a GBM as quickly as possible because they think you don't notice them. On the mini map, you can see these little Orange triangles and if you see that orange triangle coming at you quickly, be ready to reverse engine heal roll. They will probably be like "Wut" because they didn't get their free kill mark.

1.2 - ALWAYS ROLL THOSE B-GEARS (If they can do the damage, of course). I can't stress this enough. If you see a B-Gear that you know does a cluster**** amounts of damage to you and he's coming at you bro, roll that **** quickly. Some B-Gears will get smart and try to get you to roll to early and hit you on the rebound by using either BMM or TA. Counter this by diving downwards if you're mid alt or high alt. If you're low alt, try to raise as quickly as possible since you can't roll for another 3 seconds.

1.3 - A-Gears are your enemy if they can do more than 100+ damages on you. If you see this, run away high alt or just run in the opposite direction. However, if there's an allied B-Gear orbiting that sucker and trying to kill him but has a bubble up, use your Purify to let your B-Gear get that A-Gear off your ass. If necessary, call out that you have a Purify ready to go to hit that target.

1.4 - Become the distraction to help out your nation. If you and your other war buddies are getting raped by some sort of A-Gear carpet, get out there and be a distraction so your buddies can come out and kill them. Most of the time, A-Gears will hit the first target that comes out of the warp and will continue to fire at that target until its dead. If you can handle all the damage, then do so. If not, well I'll explain in another paragraph in the builds sections.

1.5 - Help out your fellow A-Gears. I know a lot of you hate A-Gears entirely, but when you have one on your side getting destroyed by B-Gears because of a lack of defense, B-Stop on top of your desired A-Gear and protect him from possible GBMs. I used this tactic on some brig mates and, honestly, it will go well if you use it correctly.
    However, After a short amount of time of using this tactic, most B-Gears will get around it since GBM has a Explosion radius that is only relevant to the ground. So use it wisely.

Elite Skills and Special Skills
    Purify
    2.1 - Purify is damn well the most abused skill on an M-Gear so far. You need to learn to use it wisely on certain occasions rather than spam the damn thing on 'revenge kills' or just being a silly mother****er and waste your own SP. Use it on major occurrences like BBing B-Gears, Hypershotting A-Gears or Zerking I-Gears. Use it to counter THOSE gears, not just because you want to be a jerk and purify someone (Unless they're one of those people who need buffs 24/7 then feel free to spam it on those guys).

Full Recover
    2.2 - Full recover is honestly a Skill that can be used on the most major assets of your nation. For example; If you see your nation leader, vice, or that 3rd leader guy, in trouble in a Mother ship war, use it on them. They just so happen have the ability to activate those teleports and you definitely need those up.
    Another Example on where to use a Full recover on someone is to use it on a 'One Man Army' camper like a A-Gear or B-Gear.

Invincible
    2.3 - One of the most best skills that you can use to your advantage is Invincible (Like the sub-topic title didn't give it away already). This skill can be used to your advantage so hard that it is strange that most M-gears use it at the wrong time. Why you ask? Because they're either buff bots or just stupid. Let me say this: Don't use it on camps you know you can break. I mean C'mon, use it on camps you know you can't break like those massive MS war camps. Those are where you should use them. Not on small camps.

Builds and equipment
    Alright, probably the most major things that most M-Gears forget is their equipment. Now, I may not know much on the subject but these are my 2 cents on things.

Weaponry
    3.1.1 - Try to make as much Re-attack as possible. Why? Because M-Gears can't dish out no damage output (Unless you're one of those *******es who think Attack builds are fun). Always go for a Tongpha. No Exceptions. The reason why is because Tongphas have the Re-attack, the firing pattern, and the Induction rate needed to fit our needs. If you're gonna use an Arrow for grinding then be my guest, but don't use them for warring. You won't catch a damn thing (Unless you want to be an I-Gear and have more than one weapon to counter one specific thing, then go for it. That ain't my money).

Try and go for Re-attack Prob on your Tongpha (IF Weaponry is the Meteor Shower), so you can at least hit most of the things you are going for or if you want to go for pure DPS, try for Min-Max RA but you might need Hyperfixes on this to take full advantage. Here's my own Meteor Shower:

As far as Standard weapons go, try to go for a Jin or Drum (IF Weaponry are the Volcanic Ash or Lightning Viper) since they can output the highest DPS and have the prob to sustain that damage for Eva gears. If you are a credit *****, try for a Merlero from the slots, they are damn well good weapons overall and have the stats of a Jin except with .45 Base RA, same as a Big Smash. Retain the Re-attack/Prob enchantments and fixes for these weapons as well or if you want full DPS to kill some A-Gears, go Re-attack/Min-Max. Here's a example of a RA/Min Max weapon here (Its also mine, huehuehue):

3.1.2 - Getting an Armor to E12 Defense is probably the most best investments you can make for your M-Gear. No matter what, you will need to get an armor to E10 Defence or more. By having a armor with E12 Defence will increase your survivability rates by a **** ton if you have the skills to roll and know when to do it. Try your best to get a Slot Armor, or if you want to be risky, go for a Legend Circle Defender.
    As far as Fixes may go, try for Regen for SP and Prob. A Good fix that fits those standards is Orobas and usually helps you out a lot since you are mainly having Re-attack weaponary. Here is my own armor:

Builds
    In an overall aspect, this is pretty much dependent on who you are and what you like to do, so these are just 'roads' for you to take. Choose what fits you best.

Survivability Builds
    3.2.1 - Def/Shield Builds (My own build) - This build will enhance your survivability by a lot. Due to the overall capabilities of this build, you won't get OHKOed anymore (That is, of course, if you have the credit whored armor to do so). If I remember correctly, the person that actually made me go this build was a post by krls (Yeah buddy, you're responsible for it). This build will reduce you down to slower engines and you can only use the Lv 34 Accounter M-X engine and the Highest level 0 Engine from the NPC shop. Also note, that If you go this build, you may need a lot more SP Kits than needed. The builds stats are as follows:
    Lv 70 CPU Wingo Jazz Format 4C - 35 Stats in Shield / 20 Stats in Fuel
    Stat Distribution -
    Def - 300
    Spirit - 128
    Fuel - 29
    Shield - 80
    700 SP Build (My own build)(Recommended by my buddy Oxcart (to restat the defense :V))
    Lv 70 CPU Wingo Jazz Format 4C - 35 Stats in Shield / 20 Stats in Fuel
    Def - 252
    Spirit - 88
    Fuel - 26
    Shield - 113

Evasion Builds I do not Recommend untill higher levels like 92+, so this will not be implemented into this strategy list.

Support Class Builds
    The good 'ol Def/Spirit class builds are probably best fitted for most M-Gears who want to take on the full aspect of supporting their formation and nation. Take this route if you feel you want to take on the full support role of your gear. This build is highly recommended if you are new to the M-Gear area.
    Lv 82 CPU SC-Dolce-8A - 10 Stats in Attack / 20 Stats in Fuel / 30 Stats in Spirit / 12 Stats in Agility (Evasion)
    Def - 300
    Spirit - 214
    Fuel - 29
    __________________________________________________ ______________________

If you have any problems, suggustions, or just a question, ask me on this topic, or AO itself (My forum name is the same as it is in AO).
    Thanks guys, hopefully this will allow you fellow M-Gears to further survive.
    Last edited by Scribbin; March 14th, 2012 at 08:13 PM.
    LV 8x MG ANI/Artemis

Thank you very much for the updated guide. Been a long time since I have seen a new one. Well written and thank you again!

Editors Note 1
    Stats for the 700 SP build on shield is supposed to be 149 and not 113. Excuse the error
    LV 8x MG ANI/Artemis

But attack builds ARE fun. Teach you how to roll.

A Mechanical Equine was here.

RobotUnicorn - 8x MG - The one who's been farmed by everybody.

KitkaVixen - 7x BG - Typical BG who delays.

Mikail - 7x AG - Just happens to farm hero AGs with 0-siege.

Last1Standing is offline Makes M-Gear guides and doesn't afraid of anything

Where is the 300 Fuel build with the Hydro Cannon? M-Gears these days.....
    My Mgear Guide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1yIt89O_ds

http://www.youtube.com/tastypotatox

Quote Originally Posted by Scissors

PLEASE NERF ROCK!!! Paper is balanced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillis517 View Post
    And on that fateful days the NAAO forum trolls united against a common flamebait, and on that day....**** got real

I requested this? Well nice guide lol.

NEW!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i9eEDXCJTgWatch IT TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RobotUnicornMG View Post
    But attack builds ARE fun. Teach you how to roll.
    Ill try this build out since restat cards are free now. Ill post the build after I run some tests and add them to the lists.
    LV 8x MG ANI/Artemis

Editors note 2
    Evasion Skill - Deck Evade
    Now you might be thinking this is decking to the floor to kill yourself but this... This is different. This skill is used to tacticlly evade BGears as they chase you. Now if you do this tactic correctly, you can evade the BGears ABM or GBM completely. To do this, you need to be low to the ground and ,just like any other deck, you hit the ground at a 90° angle and you'll do a full 180° in the air, usually avoiding the ABM or GBM completely. Now you Shouldn't do this at a low level of health or you might do a real deck.
    Last edited by LazyTriangle; May 13th, 2012 at 04:17 PM.
    LV 8x MG ANI/Artemis

How about adding a section on how to counter gears? Like As, Is, and other Ms?

A Mechanical Equine was here.

RobotUnicorn - 8x MG - The one who's been farmed by everybody.

KitkaVixen - 7x BG - Typical BG who delays.

Mikail - 7x AG - Just happens to farm hero AGs with 0-siege.

Quote Originally Posted by RobotUnicornMG View Post
    How about adding a section on how to counter gears? Like As, Is, and other Ms?
    LV 8x MG ANI/Artemis

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast