Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [How To Convert To Bomb From Ghost] Guide by BooN.

Default [How To Convert To Bomb From Ghost] Guide by BooN.

Hello there! Welcome to a [How To Convert To Bomb From Ghost] Guide by BooN.

A few questions I'd like to answer before I start.

Q: When did I start playing MAT?

About Around May 2011.

Q: I hear you have gotten banned before, hacker!

False, yes I have gotten banned before, but it was for seven days do to altering with subagames MAT folder and deleting the chat filter. A screenshot was sent in that subagames showed me wit me saying a curse word and I was given a
    7 day ban.

Q: Do you have any other accounts?

Yes I am known by plenty of names such as Chomp,Chompy,FlusH,LuckyPanda,BooN. People who have known me for a longer
    period of time call me chomp, but my name won't ever be changing again.

Q: What clan are you in?

I am a ReDefined Member and always will be. If all of us ever play again then I will return to that clan. For now I am with friends in DevilzFlipKrew. Also, none of us hack just to get this cleared.

Q: Are you the best mat player?

Of course not, Crypsis(Also known as HeadHuntFabo on forums) is in my opinion. BUT, I definetly think I could place in the top 8 or 10 ^_^.

Q: Did I play ghost mode before?

Yes, I was a main ghost player when I first started playing mat, I was pretty good. That was back when IEatCats and MarkedOne played.

Q: What if I already play bomb but I want to get better?

Great! You can still use this guide, no problem. The improvement may just be a 40% or 50% instead of a complete 100%.

For those of you who don't know I actually made a mini montage video, visit YouTube.com/ChompyMat to see it. I don't really like it since it was when I first started playing again and I'm much better but it's whatever.

A lot of people ask me how do I headshot so much, sometimes il get 3-5 headshots in a row in pubs. Max I've ever gotten was 7 in a row( I killed the 8th player but was a normal kill).

For the last time, I don't hack. Or auto-aim, whatever you want to call it.

When I first started playing bomb, I always wondered how players like velociti an coherent always were headshotting players left to right. I
    thought maybe It was my crosshair, or maybe I'm aiming wrong. So I did a bunch of experiments.

Many people underestimate AI Mode, yes it is useless for trying to get better aim, I agree they basically stand still not moving and are ver easy to trick, after all they are robots. But it will help you get the base of your aim.

Before you follow any practice I am going to state. Here are my settings.

Sensitivity-0.85-1.00(The highest I can go on MAT is 5.00, it may be different for
    you. But with one full slide from my wrist, I can only do a 180 degree turn. I reccomend using low sensitivity because it is the most effective for me, you will never over aim, and in fact, it's proven that most professional players use a low sensitivity. Which are usually the ones with the more precise aim. Do NOT mistake this statement for saying high sensitivity users are bad. Ectasi, played on 5.00 sensitivity.
    Also you should never change your sens. to use a gun. Stick to one sens. and build I it. Lowering your sensitivity so you can snipe or vice versa for assault is a BAD idea.

Crosshair- Type A/Small(I have always used this crosshair, except for when I first started playing bomb I used a circle crosshair but later switched). I reccomend using type a because it is the most logical crosshair and you can see your crosshair expand for recoil control.
    The circle crosshair is terrible, I notice a lot of ghost players use it, In my opinion it's terrible because it doesn't expand so you can't really tell where your bullets are going. Type B is a viable option but it depends on the player.

In Misc Settings, I turn off everything except Target Direction and Chat Window.

Blood Color-Green

Main Assault- Default Ak-47, M4A1 Attachable Silencer,

Main Pistol- Glock(By far the best pistol in the game imo, a lot of times I don't even use a gun il rush with a Glock.

Sniper- Green Soul SVD, AWP(I reccomend using the AWP ad learning to always hit the torso, I use the SVD because a lot of time in scrims I would get tanked.

Reminder- I am not explaining footsteps or a sound guide, if you are a ghost player. This should already be known.

Just a reminder, I am not saying using these settings is the best or will make you better, it is just what I use.

Back to practice drills. I do NOT practice anymore I just play for fun now.

If you don't already, master the ak-47 default. Learn its recoil. Same for the Glock, master it's burst mode.

DO NOT SKIP ANY STAGES UNTIL YOU HAVE MASTERED EACH ONE COMPLETELY!(Meanig you can solo stage 1 and 2 on nightmare over and over. If you skip, you won't be improving as much as you could have.)

Stage 1(Building the foundation)AI Mode Underground Massacre-(Difficulty should increase as you progress, these should be done alone, yes solo. I do these alone on nightmare). For beginner this will be a nightmare, you will probably go negative and lose the first two times. But the point of this is to improve your reflexes and build on what I call 'The Waller Mind'. You should pick a side and practice headshotting each bot as they come from their spawn on the other side of the map. It will be hard at first, but slowly you will notice you can headshot them in under 3 bullets. Also, make sure you are moving all the time, if your staying still while doing this you aren't benefitting from this. If you fail to kill numerous times you will notice the bots will come closer and closer, simply crouch down and up and kill them(this is where the Waller mind comes to play, you should be able to put your crosshair where they were in the split second you see them when you crouch back up an down. If you get pushed to your base, practice your prefiring and tap aim at the head level. Also, NO GRENADES!

Stage 2(The Cage) AI Mode Base 911- This drill is simple, a bunch of bots coming at you once. Don't try healing here, as soon as you spawn your going to be surrounded. Try your best to kill them. At first, just try completing it on easy and normal. Then before you move on to insane and nightmare, do easy and normal again but this time try and get as much headshots as you can. Do this part about two times on easy and normal, if you don't get more headshots on your second attempt, go for a third attempt and try again. Also, NO GRENADES!

Stage 3(Get Dominated)- Yes the title says it all, you will need to find a buddy that is a ton better than you and play each other on a Team Deathmatch game in cross range 300 kills. The rules are no healing or walking and NO GRENADES, just straight head to head killing. It is important that you are trying your hardest here, go all out. Don't quit, the point is for you to get wrecked over and over before you can even get a kill off on your friend. If you really cannot find someone that is willing to do this for you, try finding someone who uses a bunch of gold with 10% ap, hk 416, gold Kriss etc. and play them. You shouldn't use any kind of armor, only a Glock and a default ak 47. I am willing too be your opponent myself, BooN, but only on weekends since that's when I play. Just leave me a mail in game and il reply ASAP. If you can't find anyone good enough, I reccomend just playing Stage 2 on nightmare over and over until you do. This is the last drill I reccomend doing this 3 times or more a day for a week.

Congratulations! Now that you have mastered all stages, you are ready to play bomb! Remember, though these are drills to help you, you will always get better by just playing regardless and having fun.

That's it. This guide is guranteed to transform any ghost player into a good bomb player effectively. If you have any questions please PM me on the forums or on MAT in mail or try and catch me online on the weekends. I wish this guide had pics and videos but unfortunately I don't have any.

I hope this was a successful transformation for all the ghost players,

Please leave any feedback.

BooN.
    Last edited by Ch0mp; April 3rd, 2012 at 06:38 PM. Reason: A few minor errors
    If it's not a headshot it's not a kill.

Hello, nice to meet you, my IGN is Malaysian.
    well, i bet almost of players here doesn't read your post at all, even me but i read some that i feel quite interesting
    About the mouse sensitivity , actually it depend on the player itself. Mine can play very "pro" with sensitivity about 2.8 - 3.0 if my delay would be below 88.
    About crosshair. well i need a focus point, so i use type B with the middle point of the crosshair.
    Blood color..green is the best.
    About ghost mode skill
    one skill called "Prediction"
    it is almost similar as hacking since the skill predict the normal step of ghost.
    If you're veteran/experienced player. i think you could be able to predict the next move of the ghost.
    And of course if you success killing them, they could guess you're hacker instead of pro.

I used this skill frequently since my delay is above 200. So i've got to shoot earlier regarding the bullet delay.

Quote Originally Posted by ToFFyiCE View Post
    Hello, nice to meet you, my IGN is Malaysian.
    well, i bet almost of players here doesn't read your post at all, even me but i read some that i feel quite interesting
    About the mouse sensitivity , actually it depend on the player itself. Mine can play very "pro" with sensitivity about 2.8 - 3.0 if my delay would be below 88.
    About crosshair. well i need a focus point, so i use type B with the middle point of the crosshair.
    Blood color..green is the best.
    About ghost mode skill
    one skill called "Prediction"
    it is almost similar as hacking since the skill predict the normal step of ghost.
    If you're veteran/experienced player. i think you could be able to predict the next move of the ghost.
    And of course if you success killing them, they could guess you're hacker instead of pro.

I used this skill frequently since my delay is above 200. So i've got to shoot earlier regarding the bullet delay.

Ah, your probably right. People are viewing it but not replying, I don't think they could give any feedback without trying. And for your ghost statement about prediction, it's not really the same, in bomb mode you are being shot at from various distances, not by you listening and looking for something or hearing, to run past. The way people move in bomb is strafing as they shoot, not sneaking on you with a Melee.

Blood color doesn't matter I just find it the most appealing for a succesed hit.

Crosshair type B is optional, but its kind of a downer when your bursting and the dot is moving all over the place, though it is preference. Your sensitivity doesn't actually matter, it's just I find my sens(a low one) to be the best suitable for bomb. I used to use 3.00 sens, and practiced daily, yes it was indeed fast and pretty accurate but not accurate enough. And almost 70% the time when you are surprised to will have mouse spasms, low sens. prevents these .
    Last edited by Ch0mp; April 4th, 2012 at 01:27 PM.

There is some decent information in here I guess, but overall this isn't really a guide to make a 'ghost player a bomb player'.

This is basically just a guide to working on your aim. It's lacking any information on how to actually be decent (i.e. tactical) at bomb mode. Sure, good aim is very important.....I wouldn't argue that at all. But if this IS a guide to making anyone convert to bomb mode, it's missing the actual bomb mode information entirely (e.g. using sounds to your advantage, team communication, tactical defense/offense, knowing specific spots to throw grenades, pre-firing corners, good ways to handle solo situations, bomb defense once its planted, etc.)

I don't really think you can teach someone the tactics and smart team-based play style of bomb mode, at least not on a forum. They need to get in a bomb match (actually, lots of bomb matches) and learn for themselves; learn by mistake, learn by watching others that are noticably good, etc. Sure, anyone playing bomb for the first time is going to get steam rolled (most likely)....but as long as someone isn't completely retarded, they will learn from mistakes.

Also, like someone else said.....mouse sensitivity and cross-hair type are really just personal preference. If they've played with a 2.50 sensitivity (for example) for more than a month already, then I'd say they need not change what they've already gotten used to. And if someone has practiced with the weapons, they really don't need a cross-hair to enlarge as a recoil reminder (might help, but not really necessary).

There are a few tactics from ghost mode that actually transfer pretty well to bomb mode too (assuming a person is playing ghost mode efficiently). Using your sound to hear footsteps, shots, nades (or breathing in ghost) is also great in bomb; sounds can tell you where a person is at in the map, where they are approaching, or a bomb site push by the bomb carrying team. Also, most ghost players know to use their surroundings to their advantage. You don't just stand out in the open and get slaughtered (on either side in ghost).....you use corners, boxes, stairs, and hiding spots to make more tactical defense spots and pushes. This also transfers pretty well to bomb mode.

Sure, nothing in your guide here will hurt someone going into a bomb mode for the first time.....but there is a considerable amount of info left out that would help so much more.

Hi, i'm Zune, nice to meet you both
    Not much players reads guides to play this game because it's easy "in my opinion" mouse sens, blood color, and other things it is a matter of player preference. you just need to familiarize yourself with the sounds of breathing, steps and learn where to find them. this seems more a point of view not a guide to ghost.
    Last edited by GodziIla; April 5th, 2012 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zun3 View Post
    Hi, i'm Zune, nice to meet you both
    Not much players reads guides to play this game because it's easy "in my opinion" mouse sens, blood color, and other things it is a matter of player preference. you just need to familiarize yourself with the sounds of breathing, steps and learn where to find them. this seems more a point of view not a guide to ghost.

I see your point I did say my setup was my preference and they don't have to use it. And actually though if it may be a point of view I gurantee it works. I have done this with a few players and they show great improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolDaddyPancakes View Post
    There is some decent information in here I guess, but overall this isn't really a guide to make a 'ghost player a bomb player'.

This is basically just a guide to working on your aim. It's lacking any information on how to actually be decent (i.e. tactical) at bomb mode. Sure, good aim is very important.....I wouldn't argue that at all. But if this IS a guide to making anyone convert to bomb mode, it's missing the actual bomb mode information entirely (e.g. using sounds to your advantage, team communication, tactical defense/offense, knowing specific spots to throw grenades, pre-firing corners, good ways to handle solo situations, bomb defense once its planted, etc.)

I don't really think you can teach someone the tactics and smart team-based play style of bomb mode, at least not on a forum. They need to get in a bomb match (actually, lots of bomb matches) and learn for themselves; learn by mistake, learn by watching others that are noticably good, etc. Sure, anyone playing bomb for the first time is going to get steam rolled (most likely)....but as long as someone isn't completely retarded, they will learn from mistakes.

Also, like someone else said.....mouse sensitivity and cross-hair type are really just personal preference. If they've played with a 2.50 sensitivity (for example) for more than a month already, then I'd say they need not change what they've already gotten used to. And if someone has practiced with the weapons, they really don't need a cross-hair to enlarge as a recoil reminder (might help, but not really necessary).

There are a few tactics from ghost mode that actually transfer pretty well to bomb mode too (assuming a person is playing ghost mode efficiently). Using your sound to hear footsteps, shots, nades (or breathing in ghost) is also great in bomb; sounds can tell you where a person is at in the map, where they are approaching, or a bomb site push by the bomb carrying team. Also, most ghost players know to use their surroundings to their advantage. You don't just stand out in the open and get slaughtered (on either side in ghost).....you use corners, boxes, stairs, and hiding spots to make more tactical defense spots and pushes. This also transfers pretty well to bomb mode.

Sure, nothing in your guide here will hurt someone going into a bomb mode for the first time.....but there is a considerable amount of info left out that would help so much more.

The reason I consider this a guide is because ghost players already have the sound down, in clan war ghost players already interact on the mic. There isn't any info that I could tell them here, exactly my point. So i basically just make them a good aimer. When they play bomb they will develop the mechanics and tactics on their own. That can't be written. Most of bomb is common sense, in bomb you can win in pubs with 100% skill like I do a lot of times, but in clan war it's 70% teamwork and 30% skill. Which is again something they have to learn, this guide can improve anyone's aim guranteed, so it can be a intermediate and beginner guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Bo0N View Post
    The reason I consider this a guide is because ghost players already have the sound down, in clan war ghost players already interact on the mic. There isn't any info that I could tell them here, exactly my point. So i basically just make them a good aimer. When they play bomb they will develop the mechanics and tactics on their own. That can't be written. Most of bomb is common sense, in bomb you can win in pubs with 100% skill like I do a lot of times, but in clan war it's 70% teamwork and 30% skill. Which is again something they have to learn, this guide can improve anyone's aim guranteed, so it can be a intermediate and beginner guide.
    I'm not trying to troll you or anything, but let me get this straight......

1. You admit you can't really teach someone about bomb tactics in a forum post

2. You admit that the original post was mostly just a guide to improving aim

3. You admit that the original post was missing any bomb mode information.

Then why did you call it a 'guide to making a ghost player into a bomb player'? Wouldn't it be a guide to improving ANYONE's aim (or making them a bomb player, or whatever) and not just ghost players? Besides, I've seen plenty of ghost players that have well above average aim.

Also....there are plenty of tactics about bomb you could have included. Sure, there is alot that is situational and can't really be listed....but there is alot you could include (pre-firing corners, or efficient bullet management are 2 simple examples). I mean, how many kills have you been able to get because you pre-fired a corner where you knew someone would pop out? Or how many have you gotten simply because you managed the bullets in your magazine efficiently and didn't have to reload as often as other people? If you're a decent player, I'm guessing quite a few.

I already said this method could be used for anyone if you didn't play bomb lol. And because it is a conversion IMO, if they learn how to kill actually players and not ghost hiding with a hammer they are basically a bomb player. And yes the only information I would agree that is missing would have been go and learn every map for yourself. You know a lot of ghost players that have good aim killing ghosts but not players cool? I played with Klliop before one of the best ignore the best ghost, and he could solo a whole ghost team just sniping or with assault kill at least 5. But when it came to bomb he couldn't kill ish, I asked him why and he said they aren't like ghost they're shooting at me o_o. He already knew all the stages, could hear footsteps etc. which is why the title of this guide will be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Bo0N View Post
    I already said this method could be used for anyone if you didn't play bomb lol...............

which is why the title of this guide will be the same.
    Makes no sense ^^

That's the only reason I've commented on this thread.....the title of your guide makes no sense with the information you included. It's not just for ghost-moders, and it doesn't have any helpful bomb information.

So you're guide is still just a "How to Improve Your Aim" guide or "How to Improve in AI mode" or "How to Change Your Settings so they are just like Boon's"

----------------

Also, I'm not sure I understand why you think aiming in ghost mode and any other mode is all that different. Which is also why I don't understand you posting drills to improve aim (can't hurt, just doesn't make much sense under the circumstances). And sure, ghosts don't shoot back, but that doesn't make them any less of a target. You can have great aim and still get steam-rolled in bomb, just like you can have only decent/average aim and do pretty well in bomb. Bomb mode is where tactics and playing smart really make a player shine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast