Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rose Guard is looking for members!

Default Rose Guard is looking for members!

Hello everyone. I am the Clan Captain (and founder) of Rose Guard.
    My name, both here and in the game, is RoseThorne.

We're looking for people not just for clan wars but who may want to stay on as clan members.

If you've read this and decide you'd like to join,
    then please apply on the clan page.
    Our team ID is 5984

P.S. Please note that I will be speaking with each applicant prior to deciding whether or not to accept them into the clan.
    I just want to make sure that all those joining aren't joining just to troll people.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are our requirements (call them rules):
    1) No t-bagging anyone, whether they are in the clan or not.
    2) No calling anyone names of private parts, whether they are in the clan or not.
    3) No sexual speech -- not even if you're alluding to something sexual.
    3) If we're in a clan war and I have a plan, follow the plan.
    4) Any disputes you cannot peacefully settle between yourselves in a day will be brought to me.
    5) You must be level 5 or higher. Sorry, it won't let me set it any lower.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What is a t-bag?"
    Repeatedly crouching on top of and/or around another avatar, whether they're alive or a corpse.
    If they're your in-game husband/wife, please do so in private.

"Does telling someone to go to the kitchen and make me a sammich count as sexual?"
    No, but using food and/or other things to describe private parts and/or sexual actions is considered sexual speech.

"What is considered a private part?"
    If you use it to go to the bathroom or nurse babies, it's a private part.

"What happens if I break a rule?"
    You will get three reminders (that's three chances) about the rules before anything happens.
    If I have to remind you a fourth time, you will be kicked from the clan for at least a week.
    If you return to the clan after being kicked, you will receive two warnings before being kicked.
    If you are kicked twice, you will not be returning to the clan.

"I'm considered a pro in the game."
    I really don't care if you are pro or not.
    I don't worry about skill in the game because I'm here to have fun and make friends. =)

"Make me admin!"
    Uh, no?
    I appreciate the ambition but I will decide who becomes admin in the next 7 days.
    So far there's only one candidate, though....

"Rose, marry me"
    Doubtful.
    Very doubtful.

Feel free to post here if you're interested.... I never bite, only stab.
    Last edited by RoseThorne; September 9th, 2012 at 07:25 PM.

<..< piss off rose and u deal with me O:< ...... but seriously is she has a plan in clan war even if its stupid just follow it cause u never know it might just work to ur advantage so yea .....
    Last edited by ErueDraith; September 9th, 2012 at 10:00 PM.

O.O Aww, thanks for your support Erue.

Sounds like a dictatorship but instead of a man figure, it's a woman. Good luck.

Rose, marry me!!!!..... Just kidding....
    There are players that never understand a plan.... even if they speak the same language.

Try to recruit good and legit players and watch out with those alternative accs. The best way to do it is in-game, players rarely check the forum.
    If you want to have a good clan, you should be patient and respectfully understand whatever the members say.
    Being admin is just a title, it doesn't make you pro; you can use this excuse when someone starts with "I want to be admin!!".
    As a retired admin, patient is a good attribute...

Well... I hope those advices help you.
    I'm done with M.A.T., maybe I will be around sometimes. Good Luck with your clan and enjoy the game.

Nice to meet you
    RAMOS
    Women are God's second mistake.

@HeadhuntFabo: Thank you for sharing your opinion! ^_^
    I was hoping my clan didn't sound like a dictatorship to anyone, because it's really not.
    I only require a plan to be followed in clan wars because I want a chance at actually winning;
    and I only require no t-bagging/purposeful AFK or type killing/no calling people names of private parts/no sexual speech because I actually want a good name for my clan.
    Plus there are plenty of clans out there who give you a three-strikes-you're-out deal, whereas with me you have five strikes before you're out for good.

@AL3XRAM: Very true. Which is why I require my plans to be followed, so they know it's part of clan warring in my clan and not just a general suggestion to be ignored.
    Ah. Thank you for your advice! ^_^
    Of course, and thank you again for the advice! As Sun Tzu wrote: "A leader leads by example, not by force." =)
    Mm, yeah. I think now I understand why I have someone eager to be admin -- even though I've told them twice it's not about skill it's about certain qualities....

Thanks again for all the advice! ^_^
    Awwh, why? D:
    And okies and I hope to see you around too~!! :3

Just because you're the leader doesn't mean you know how to lead. You put yourself on the pedestal. If you think you're capable of leading, then by all means try. I'm just saying that the whole thing about following is iffy. If you have no experience (and you don't), why should someone follow?

Lead by example, not by force. What examples have you got? Nobody knows your clan for their Clan War capabilities. It just seems like a place where friends can use Clan Chat instead of having to be in a game with each other.

Fabo just mad that he is HIV ALADEEN.

@HeadhuntFabo: That is all very true.
    Why SHOULD anyone follow me, especially since I have no tangible leading experience or training?
    That I cannot say.
    They either will or they will not; it's their choice.
    But I lead because I want a clan free of drama -- and, well, t-bagging -- that does come up with a strategy for clan wars.
    I can't make anyone follow me; but I can try to be the kind of person someone would want and/or choose to follow.
    It's true my clan is unknown, but how can I be known without members to help me clan war?
    As for clan chat: yes, it is for chatting; but it is for gathering people for practice and for clan war as well. =)

@ThasNice: Actually, Fabo has made a few excellent points. I appreciate objective critiques.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast