Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contour Contest Part II

Default Contour Contest Part II

As the Ocotober 5th draws nearer just wanted to ask how will you guys be picking and choosing what contours should go in the poll while others are left out. Also when it comes to putting the contours in the poll for the community to vote for which ones they want, i ask that you make the polls Open so that moderators can see the names of the people who voted. Even if the rest of the community see's who voted for what it shouldn't really matter, but im asking this so it's a way to see whose stacking votes by comparing the IP's of the voters and so that it will be a fair win.

We will take into consideration the amount of likes for the contour, as well as the staff's preferences. The mods' inputs are also welcome. Also, I was wondering if you could direct me to the poll that Avo set up for his contest, just so I can get the general idea of how it works? Thanks.

Hi guys,

Just letting you know that voting is currently up in the General Discussion forum. If you guys encounter any issues with the threads (i.e. I accidentally wrote someone's name wrong, poll options don't match), please let me know and I will change it ASAP.

How do you guys intend to monitor that there isn't stacked voting going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Xjmas View Post
    How do you guys intend to monitor that there isn't stacked voting going on?
    I was actually going to ask. Is there a way we can see who voted on the poll? I don't notice any obvious way to do so from the poll itself.

It's pretty obvious that at least BananeAG stacked votes (2x more than on any other poll), so we may disqualify him, but we'd like to be able to confirm who voted and compare their IPs if possible.

No..that's why i said make it public so we could compare IP's >_>. I personally suggest redoing the polls but make it the rule of you need to post a comment if you are going to vote in the poll because you can't compare IP's without the person having commented so you could click the IP button, unless you guys know another way of checking IP's.

I will do some more digging in the admin panel and consult our tech team. vBulletin does have a way to compare the IPs between multiple users and search by IP, based on my past experience with it.

EDIT: I found it - it's inside the mod panel, not the admin panel. Check "Search IP Addresses" and you can see that BananeAG created nearly a hundred accounts on Oct. 13 - random letters and numbers for names, all matching his IP. So, obviously he cheated. I'll run this search on the other users.

EDIT 2: Checked all the winners, only BananeAG cheated. This is also consistent with the number of votes - every poll has about the same amount, except the one with his contour, which has close to 100 more votes in it. So, he is disqualified for cheating and DeadImpact wins that one.

It is *possible* that some users voted twice as some have alts around here, but even so, none of the contests would have been decided by one vote alone, so we won't get angry over that.

In the future we plan to make some revisions to how contests are held - namely by having a semifinal where users will vote on the top 5. I will also make sure to make those polls public, so we can remove any cheating that might occur. Thanks a lot for your suggestions Xjmas, they were appreciated.

Oh, also, as for the contest threads, I will remove them tomorrow. I just want to give users a day to see the results.
    Last edited by Involution; October 15th, 2012 at 05:53 PM.

Just made my day lol.
    Don't think i have that option to check IP's like that though?
    Last edited by Xjmas; October 15th, 2012 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjmas View Post
    Just made my day lol.
    Don't think i have that option to check IP's like that though?
    Can you access the Mod link at the very bottom of the forum page? I'm not certain exactly what privileges forum mods have here.

Do you mean Moderation tools (0)? that's all i see at the bottom right. At the top right i see Inline Mod though.

P.S. check your mail not your pm's i can't even pm which is my issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast