Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Balance Suggestions

nerf the drop rates and exp rates of the overpopulated nation.

or give then underpopulated nation higher exp/drop rates

Merge the two server !!

Quote Originally Posted by CalciumDeposit View Post

Balance Idea:
    Make the factory of the "winning/curbstomping" nation more weapon hungry >:3
    And subsequently the other nation's factory more forgiving <3
    OH yea, I like this here lolol
    Sephiroth__BLK B-g- -GoEasyOnSeph - Igear_Try me if you can handle it!
    Sephiroth_BLK-Mgear

**RETIRED**

Do not do transfers. It doesn't balance anything. The only thing that happens is that people that have to be on the losing nation to want to play will make gears on the other nation. The population of the nation the people have been transferred to explodes, and the server is just balanced in the opposite way. The only time I have ever supported transfers is in helix when the server was locked to new account creation. The nations will balance out over time, but never if you start transferring people. Ignore the people talking about how unfair a position they're in. You can play smarter and perform better in a smaller nation. But if you don't put in the effort to do so, why should the people in the other nation suffer that were working harder than you are? There is never true balance, one side always wins more than the other. If you want perfect balance, pick a new game.

You guys really need to ignore the suggestions to transfer people, it DOES NOT HELP.

Also, as a former lead in other games I demand a robot armor since I am a celebrity.

For nation imbalance, try that 'mass nation reset' thing you've mentioned before on the next major patch and see what happens. Or if you can manually move entire brigades around as you see fit...which may work better (as to prevent all of the server's major brigades ending up on one side).

For gear imbalance:
    -Move Multitarget from BG to IG.
    -Nerf Chaffs and/or Reduce Damage.
    -Find some way to make other AG weapons handy so it's not all "BIGSMASH WHEEEE' during wars.
    Quote Originally Posted by JKRevan View Post
    but if echo spills the beans we wont be able to collect items...
    FenderJazz - sees you trollin, is hatin' 87 MG BCU Prelude - Crescendo Founder

Base Wars: Switch the kit boxes to the losing side, considering the amount of kits used in order to get one of these bases, its retarded to give them to the winning nation if you can't win it.

SP's: Adjust the SPI gains so that even in a loss you still gain enough for it to be worth attacking. (not wp rewards, the spi rewards... its retarded to try for an hour to down an sp only to get 300k or less in some cases specially when the winning side can get 5mil just sitting and camping out those who are actually trying)

MS's: Reverse the regen w.e system. Instead of giving them to the winning nation, have everyone start off as 25%. For every loss it increases 5% and for every win it decreases 5% or something like that. Switch the HH from the winning side to the losing side, the winning side obviously doesn't need more grinding while the losing side generally needs all the help it can get.

Start-up (lower levels after lvl 11): if one sides been shown to be extremely overpowered consider giving people an item pack for selecting the losing side. This would include stuff like low lvl grinding weapons, low lvl armor, spi, wps, w.e a new person would need in order to start a gear and get up faster making switching nations a better deal for those mid lvl's that fear regrinding and making it easier for new players to level. Raise the HH %'s for the losing side as well, or make the xp one continuous, or perhaps make them last to a high lvl on the losing side.

Things to not do: Nothing (even a failed attempt is better than nothing)

Quote Originally Posted by Corak_the_Mysterious View Post
    Do not do transfers. It doesn't balance anything. The only thing that happens is that people that have to be on the losing nation to want to play will make gears on the other nation. The population of the nation the people have been transferred to explodes, and the server is just balanced in the opposite way. The only time I have ever supported transfers is in helix when the server was locked to new account creation. The nations will balance out over time, but never if you start transferring people. Ignore the people talking about how unfair a position they're in. You can play smarter and perform better in a smaller nation. But if you don't put in the effort to do so, why should the people in the other nation suffer that were working harder than you are? There is never true balance, one side always wins more than the other. If you want perfect balance, pick a new game.

You guys really need to ignore the suggestions to transfer people, it DOES NOT HELP.

Also, as a former lead in other games I demand a robot armor since I am a celebrity.
    Yep,Coraks right don't transfer revo.

Quote Originally Posted by FenderJazz View Post
    For gear imbalance:
    -Move Multitarget from BG to IG.
    -Nerf Chaffs and/or Reduce Damage.
    -Find some way to make other AG weapons handy so it's not all "BIGSMASH WHEEEE' during wars.
    Those are exactly some of the same things we've talked about in past on Airborne's TS. We didn't counter the movement of Multitarget with what should be given to Bgears but all agreed it didn't really serve a useful purpose for the general needs of Bgears. Those that have used that I we've talked to ever only mentioned the VA increase for circle fighting, which would make more sense on an Igear anyhow.

Chaffs went back and forth as it coulda been something better for Igears but at the very least it was clear that on Bgears with RD and the ease of goin defense and/or eva was just too much reduction/negation of damage for a 'general purpose' gear.

Yes, lots of people QQ about LegSmash=pwnzor or that it's generally the only weapon an Agear needs for almost all situations. Even I had to agree about proliferation of smashes after a large portion of early AO players crested the WC level and my own classic favorite of Jackhammers just didnt mean much at those levels. Whatever happened to Air Mines? The earlier suggestion of 1x6 & 1x4 would be a vast improvement in use for secondaries. If that was to happen though, an obvious looking over the damage values of Agear guns would be needed.
    While Heats were lightly grazed with the buff-brush, it still wasnt even noticed by what I would guess to be 90% of Agear players at the time. Applaud the attempt, but there wasn't any follow through.
    Quote Originally Posted by KanyeWests View Post
    Imma let you finish but none of the bees are actually in space in this game
    ~BCU/Pre~ Dyyre || Tynaiden ~ Magenta for Men! =^.^=

For nation balance:
    This is a tough one, and I think everyone will agree. Moving a person or a brig may or may not do anything, and even then it will most likely be only a short term change. To make a permanent change I would look at SP's, MS's, Base Wars, and NCP. After each moth all of these are used to figure out which side is definitively behind. So this bypasses tax, levels, or even nation size. This is a straight measure of which side is better than the other. From this; i would say that the losing side would be given some overall bonus that the winning side is not given. Not regen or any of the current items that are given, but a straight damage boost, hp, evasion, and defense. This will create a few completely imbalanced people, but that is the point. These people will be expected to lead the LOSING nation and help even out the fight. Say every time a nation is "behind" (see above idea to determine which side is behind) than that side is given a 5% boost to all stats. This process continues until the losing side is ahead, and then you back down the boost for every month they are ahead.

For gear balance:
    B: remove/nerf bawoos. Most of the problems with b gears has to do with their damage output, and all of that comes from a single missile type. For a nerf take them down to 65% prob. Yes this is extreme, but with b gears the way they are now something does need to be done.
    A: nerf big smashes. Every other gear has to compromise horribly with their weapons, same should apply to a gears. They have Supreme, big smash, jackhammers, and codys (that i know of). However all you see in a war is a big smash. Make it so they have to use different weapons for different things. Give one gun a longer range, one more accuracy, one more damage, one more prob. Big smash is damage, but 1000m range or something of the sort.
    I:give these little buggers more HP on the non-evasion binders. If you arn't using an evasion binder you are going to be targeted because you die soooo fast. Thus, i doubt hp increase will affect them that much, but it will give them the chance to stay alive a little longer. I would say somewhere between a b gear and an a gear's hp. Leave evasion binders the same.
    M: see i gear on this.Change elevation to a pure damage increase. From the 5% or whatever it is now to 15% or more. This should help a tiny bit with the grind, give them more kill power in a war, and it is a cahnge for them.
    BCU Prelude Crescendo
    mythics eva i gear
    athallos grinding m gear

An Igear beef idea that has always turned me on:
    Give frenzy +1 missile along with the other bonuses. (basically a 50% damage output increase that makes any and every missile a viable weapon)
    Id take that over the pierce Idea.

For A gears, change all their gunz to 1x? and nerf the distance down by 30% without touching the prob.

For Mgears give them a buff like "raging inspiration" that gives all form members 30% more exp.

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast