Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestions Thread: New Gameplay Features

Default Suggestions Thread: New Gameplay Features

Hi guys,

In this thread, we're asking you, the players, to provide us with suggestions on how we can improve ACE Online. What do we mean? Well, for the most part, new features and enhancements that you think will improve the gameplay. We will use this data to try to more accurately provide feature updates and suggestions to the developers in the future.

Please make your feature suggestions as descriptive and detailed as possible, both so we have a good idea of exactly what you are suggesting, as well as so that if we do end up going forward with an idea, we will have a good starting point for communicating with the developers. Ultimately the question is, "what would make this game more fun/more exciting/more enjoyable for me, my friends and new players?" This can be anything from brand new stuff, to tweaks and changes that long-time players would appreciate, but this does not include significant balance changes and similar.

This isn't meant to replace dedicated threads on very specific ideas, it's just to keep all the new ideas in one place. If you want to have more in depth discussion on one idea, please make a new thread.
    Last edited by Involution; December 6th, 2012 at 05:22 PM.

Revamp player rankings to include;

Player net-worth
    Player time spent playing
    Player net in warpoints.
    Autism Combat Extreme

You just opened a big can of worms, Involution! I have a number of things as you may have seen already, but I will bring one up that has not been adequately covered: Infinity Field in episode 4 ---- it is not fulfilling as it once was. It is like going against ag, mg, and ig that can spam shield para, purify, silence, and such every 10-30 seconds.

When 1 and 2 first made their appearances, they were a bit difficult until everyone got the hang of them, which was fine. There were no STEPS, the default was what a 25 is now. Ok, the next revision to IF1 and 2 came and steps 1-50 were made available. this broadened the experience for everyone regardless of their level and equips. I actually enjoyed doing them with no-name players and masters alike, but the more difficult ones yielded a better satisfaction of accomplishment as well as orb gains to continue to support such activities, as well as buy the pierce and prob charms useable outside of IF to counter eva/def from turkeys and extreme survival builds. Interestingly enough, the nerfed the dragons' damages, even the step 25 ones. If3 came, and things continued, although for some reason, IF3 did not allow many instances to take place, not sure why.. Then they boosted dragon damage the middle or so of this year and increased dragon pierce and prob...not even the best survival build could withstand just taking it all without learning to roll. I liked that, yes I did. Mg became more beloved to counter inverse, drain, and the dragon's shield para skill (i forget the name) with release. Good, a bit more challenge to mix things up and keep people on their toes and dependent one each other

Now, episode 4...I could not believe what they did. Go ahead and try it if you have not. The dragons spam those skills like no tomorrow and it is horrid. Drain does away with like 100 sp/sec, and as an mg releases 1-3 people, who then use an sp kit, there comes another drain...then another. It is fine they can do this, but this frequency is out of control along with other skills compounding.

Being unable to shoot standard or advanced (i forget the name of these skills!) is ok, but lacking the ability shoot while under the influence of some other skills compounds the frustration. The one skills that traps a gear at zero-speed, cool as it is, needs a small tweak as well. It should allow the gear to at least ROLL the volleys heading towards them. So here you are with everyone, your sp at zero so often, you cannot shoot guns or missles, you are locked in place, and you cannot even roll...everyone gets demolished one after another and repeat. Two Mgs couldn't keep up with releasing that.

I love challenge, but this is a bit over the line. The sp drain frequency needs reduced a good bit. The ability to roll should always be available so as long as one has 3 sp to do it. Fix those and the rest of the difficult circumstances are fine to cope with as a new level of challenge.

Now, what I wonder is going through masang's head is that there are 50 steps...someday, people hope to do those above 30 more often, maybe even step 40+. Right now, steps over 20 for IF1 are the worst experience ever, and people want to gain solar orbs for IF charms. If2 is fine mostly. I have not done IF3, but I doubt it is an issue. If Masang is going to make the instances impossible, especially IF1, they should just make step 30 the max and rescale the experience/drops/# of orbs gained as if 30 was a 50, a 15 is like a 25, and the like.

Yes, I know of the IF charm reactive coating or something like that, which reduces chance of status effects. The very best one is 80% protection, the second is 70%. With how often dragons spam the skills, it may as well be more like 0-20% protection. but not everyone can invest the amount of orbs to buy these along with antimatters, parasites, rapiers, and that damage protection one and buy IF charms for outside use, too.

I really miss doing step 25-28 IF1 and step 30-35 IF2, they were difficult as heck, but these enhanced teamwork and communication in this game better than any leader's blue text words ever could as well as the sense of accomplishment with people you actually spend time with in game, which is the most essential part of why players continue to log in for pewpew time -- each other.

Just a few tweaks to IF and maybe there will be more then a few total nations instances a day above steps 5-10 -..-

---wanted to add to If post, but 30 minutes edit time limit passed---

a simple change to boost effectiveness against the super-high defense and eva gears, related to IF, is to make ALL IF rapier and parasite charms usable outside of IF. None of the others but those! Then free or frugal players can get a 15-minute boost to their fight performance using in-game efforts that come with a cost/benefit all its own, so it could not be done all the time, either.
    Last edited by Xjmas; December 6th, 2012 at 06:49 PM.

New firing patterns with new weapons would be nice, but without making them less useful than current weapons. Maybe even add some extra base pierce to them.

I've said this many times before, but I'm going to keep suggesting it. Enchantable final boss weapons (with no chance to fail when upgrading). Now would be the best time to implement them than ever, with all players gaining a ton of survivability and only BG's getting better weapons. Increasing the drop rate from bosses to something like 1/50 would benefit everyone.

Last edited by EliadenV2; December 6th, 2012 at 06:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kkid
    You can't tell people to "go kill themselves" just because you disagree with the statement.

Hi guys,

I've deleted a few posts. Please see posts such as Heretic's or jylon's for what we consider to be good suggestions to add to the game. Note that this does not mean you have to post a wall of text, but stuff like "get rid of defense/evasion"... we are working on that issue and already have multiple threads discussing it. As I said in the opening post, please keep balance discussion elsewhere, this thread is just for brand-new features.

Quote Originally Posted by [GM]Involution View Post
    Hi guys,

I've deleted a few posts. Please see posts such as Heretic's or jylon's for what we consider to be good suggestions to add to the game. Note that this does not mean you have to post a wall of text, but stuff like "get rid of defense/evasion"... we are working on that issue and already have multiple threads discussing it. As I said in the opening post, please keep balance discussion elsewhere, this thread is just for brand-new features.
    Sorry involution. you want suggestions. but as we do if there are many things that have been asking over the years and have been ignored. things so easy that there is no need to describe them. I leave it to your consideration.

you gotta ask yourself: what killed the excitement of the players before asking the players what it appears to thrill?
    answer is there!

If you enable everyone to reach level 101 in a week, two or three years will lose the thrill of those involved in order to reach the level of 101.
    this my answer not yours!find another answer yourself.
    Last edited by jetgil; December 6th, 2012 at 06:48 PM.

I have an ideea about wars. Create a system that gives a Call of Hero in Water Melon Island every hour at xx:00. No limit of players. All players get kicked out when a nation kill every enemy. Not allowed to respawn after death. Reward : 25 Suba points
    BG- lvl l01- 340att

I'll make a suggestion I have been throwing around in my head:

Map Influence System:

1. Every map is given a default ownership relative to Bark City, with Bark City being neutral ground
    2. Nations can capture a map from the other nation by holding it with enough players
    3. Maps are held by staying within a zone of control at a key point on the map for X seconds/minutes
    4. Maps that are deeper in enemy territory take longer to capture
    5. When a map is held by a nation, the opposing nation cannot warp to it, but can warp to the nearest held map
    6. Nations receive a WP, SPI and XP bonus based on how many maps are held
    7. The system resets once every week, and would more or less be like an "always on" Strategic Point on most maps
    8. At the end of each week, the nation with the most time spent holding the most maps (cumulative) will get a War Point bonus, possibly other rewards

Obviously this only applies to combat zones, safe zones are still the same as always.
    Last edited by Involution; December 6th, 2012 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by [GM]Involution View Post
    I'll make a suggestion I have been throwing around in my head:

Map Influence System:

1. Every map is given a default ownership relative to Bark City, with Bark City being neutral ground
    2. Nations can capture a map from the other nation by holding it with enough players
    3. Maps are held by staying within a zone of control at a key point on the map for X seconds/minutes
    4. Maps that are deeper in enemy territory take longer to capture
    5. When a map is held by a nation, the opposing nation cannot warp to it, but can warp to the nearest held map
    6. Nations receive a WP, SPI and XP bonus based on how many maps are held
    7. The system resets once every week, and would more or less be like an "always on" Strategic Point on most maps
    8. At the end of each week, the nation with the most time spent holding the most maps (cumulative) will get a War Point bonus, possibly other rewards

Obviously this only applies to combat zones, safe zones are still the same as always.

Sounds like a license to gate camp.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast