Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New server with vanilla rates

Awell only turned out as a fiasco because of Subagames.

I used to play on 2003, and i just came back.
    And i found mirotic crystals dropped by the bunnies that you fight as lvl 1 in pilail
    I started using them and i got to lvl 22 in 1 hour of gameplay.
    I really think their drops should be limited, like any given monster can just drop the summoning crystal of a monster lower to their own lvl.
    So to use a mirotic crystals you should go kill a boss, and then you can use it when hunting a lower lvl.

I also think playing in the party should have bonusses, like better drop rates and exp
    And promote pristontale more. Maybe you buy GW2 you get a cd with PT for free!!! I hope this helps!!!

3 years later and still #dreaming

I agree, I would start playing today if they would offer classic x1 rate =) That was so much fun!

You must be mad to want this
    Acaros 70 Mech JamesTheFighter 72 Fighter MaskedPike 80 Pikeman QuickBow 70 Archer DeadlyAssassin 75 Assassin JamesTheKnight 62 Knight SwiftJavelin 67 Atalanta Janstina 71 Priestesss MageJames 70 Mage ShamanJames 92 Shaman ChaosCombatant 75 Martial Artist

Quote Originally Posted by chaoscauser View Post
    You must be mad to want this
    Yeah, I can't imagine anybody but masochists would play a 1X server under this trash companies command. Do these idiots even communicate with the player base anymore? Why would you want a fresh server when they can't even maintain the three sub-servers they have?

I mean, games been run by inapt apes for what, seven years? Just let the dream go boys, this games done/finished.

The only way this idea would even be slightly realistic if it was created by somebody that wasn't involved in Suba in any way. Other than that its a waste of time.

You are completely right, which is why me and 2 other devs are gonna create one ourselves instead. Keep an eye out if you have interest in playing on such server, we'll have an announcement soonish.

Quote Originally Posted by 030593 View Post
    You are completely right, which is why me and 2 other devs are gonna create one ourselves instead. Keep an eye out if you have interest in playing on such server, we'll have an announcement soonish.
    There are dozens and dozens of people within the PT community that could make functioning, perfect servers. The reality of it is simple: it's a waste of time. SUBA is basically a private server at this point, which accepts third party support to even keep the game afloat. Hence why you see people like Pathin and SunnyZ basically being able to do whatever they want because SUBA has "endorsed" them on their behalf to manage their game.

It's a win/win right? SUBA gets to sit back and reel in the money while not having to work on their game at all. Unless you have infinite money to spend on server upkeep I really wouldn't advise making a 1X rate server. It's just going to fail in the end. Only reason rpt even still exists is because it had a huge following for years that has stuck through.

If you could get a big name behind the movement (Gregoo/DKK/Sunny etc) you might be able to get some recognition; but i doubt most of the people who are actually genuinely good at server tech stuff would even want to bother.

I mean if the removal of anti-hack doesn't tell you that this game is beyond dead than I don't know what will. Unique login ID's per month is probably under 1,000 (I feel like this number is generous also). And nothing new or innovative has been added in years besides a few rehashed maps and some sub-par looking items.

At this point you could give me a 140 character with full maxed items and whatever and I still wouldn't play this game. Most people wouldn't either. There are just so many better games out now that it should be a crime to play one that is so far behind.

I'm positive that it will have a big enough population. The good thing about PT is it doesn't really need a lot of people for it to feel populated. We are not just gonna set up a server and release it. We have drastic changes planned which we genuinely believe is for the better. Our server will not be P2W either, nearly everything will be available in game without the need of real money. We will 100% pay for the server upkeep ourselves if needed.

We are also not gonna go for a straight out 1x server. We will be changing the tables and experience gains throughout the levels, to make it a more smooth experience.

The thing is, even though PT is old, outdated and outclassed by so many games, there is still no other game like it out there to replace it. The ARPG gameplay combined with a game with not so many quests, but where group up grinding is rewarded is non existent, and that's what we are gonna focus on to make even better. Along with a lot of other improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by 030593 View Post
    The thing is, even though PT is old, outdated and outclassed by so many games, there is still no other game like it out there to replace it. The ARPG gameplay combined with a game with not so many quests, but where group up grinding is rewarded is non existent, and that's what we are gonna focus on to make even better. Along with a lot of other improvements.
    so true. I'd play that
    Last edited by DeaDz3; December 16th, 2016 at 05:36 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast