Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [VIDEO] Ace Online in Unreal Engine 3 (2007-2008, not udk build)

Lightbulb [VIDEO] Ace Online in Unreal Engine 3 (2007-2008, not udk build)

Hello again everyone. Here's a video update of the project I'm working on. Had a slight hitch for a couple of months trying to redo everything but I've created something I like alot so far. Read the description in the video.

I used ezvid for the screen capture, so it does get somewhat choppy from time to time in the video.

Something to think about: I always hated it when I tried enchanting a weapon and it broke. two solutions:
    1. Not give a f#(k and just allow enchanting without drawbacks
    2. Same concept but *enchants* are wiped. Can kill mobs to get some type of materials to increase the chance of the enchant (these items will not be precious. 25% of the time they will be earned.)

link:

Ace Online Video - for UT3 - YouTube
    Urbane101: B-gear lvl 89 || V111: I-gear lvl 53 || US Marine Corps

Every time i think you gave up and left you come back with progress <3

And they said it was too much work for what it's worth. This looks fantastic.

It's a good thing Masang didn't do this though; I'd end up with financial issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by RFAAG View Post
    Without RA ag not nobody knocks your ignorant!!
    Disregard females, Acquire currency
    I tried fixing it.

like the flames under the wings when u are on 0 speed...

good job ^^
    _whiplash lv. 92 BGear
    WillplasheR_ lv. 88 MGear
    OUT

Thank you for the encouraging words! I have a better understanding of how the programming language ties into the systems I've created so far (flight, targeting, menus, hud, and weapon switching), such as how the components of the gear are modified via user selection, and how the gear moves in-game, rather than just accepting it as it was.

First on the assignments list I have is to create all of the other inventory items, starting with engines and how they modify the speed. Then radar. Then the custom logo(s), then random materials. All of this will require a modification of the hud however.

Creating an AI is next. I will work on a flying AI to use so that it's class will have a suitable base for anything else that "flies".

Once that is done, I can have something to shoot at and to balance the weapons. From there I will Handle the leveling system, and how these changes modify the weapons, shields and health.

These things will take sometime, but I will try and post some video updates to show my progress.

Another update:

Hud: Items now Show up and are marked on hud as pickups. They glow Red with a quick flash if they are weapon pickups (only one present), blue with a slow pulsing flash if they are items, and probably green with some other effect if engines\shields [aux]. The level up meter at the bottom of the reticule (really annoying placement, will not stay there) not finalized, but may look something like this.

Flight: Boosting now works without killing player. Hud will flash a green outline on the throttle indicating the boost is being performed. Acceleration also works, but it is slow, as the video shows. This will change to something more suitable. Boosting will instantly accelerate the craft to a faster speed, trying to fix but fyzx, man. Sounds are added as well, but i don't know how to record the sound of the computer with EZvid.

Inventory: Items can now be picked up and will then be added to the menu. New menu design, it is animated and kind of circuit-y.

Link:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCsWh...ature=youtu.be
    I realize the quality is crap. Next video will be better.

In other news: I took a small break to figure out how the hell I am going to make this thing feel. I have been playing PSO E I&II like an addict over the last two weeks (game I grew up with), and I really like how that felt, aside from moving too slow, but I also like how Ace has alot of stuff to look at... Anyway, Sega is pissing me off by not releasing a western version of PSO II or at least some info on its current state. I guess I better try to learn Japanese. Anyone else not liking that?
    Last edited by MIG24; June 11th, 2013 at 09:46 PM. Reason: Grammer, Spelling, terrible wording, randomness, and video.

Dude... Show this video to Masang and ask for a job coding. I would LOVE this game to be like that :V

Heppy - Mediocre IG

Heppernaut - Terribad BG

Quote Originally Posted by RageAid View Post
    Dude... Show this video to Masang and ask for a job coding. I would LOVE this game to be like that :V
    Completely agree. Someone should poke Invo to send this out.
    Community Manager of Suba Games
    [privacy policy] [terms and conditions][sitemap][forum rules][game rules]
    [support system][staff list]

PM me here on the Forum, or message me in-game for any help at all!
    http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/...a2a9101dd2.jpg

MSI Afterburner
    Try using this to capture video, been using it for a while and it works fine for me. It records sound as well.

Are you going to implement strafing as part of the gear's handling? Would be nice to get something that is at least somewhat reminiscent of the actual game's mechanics. The HUD and menu interface look great by the way.

As for PSO II, pretty sure there's at least a handful of English patches out there. Enjoy.
    Last edited by ZeroInsanity; June 11th, 2013 at 11:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RageAid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kkid View Post
    Completely agree. Someone should poke Invo to send this out.
    With the current graphics? This is all done in the unreal engine (although I'm sure you've noticed), so I am not sure if it would be possible to reboot everything to match in that manner... Plus this is done in my free time. I always did kind of want to do game design though...

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroInsanity View Post
    MSI Afterburner
    Try using this to capture video, been using it for a while and it works fine for me. It records sound as well.

Are you going to implement strafing as part of the gear's handling? Would be nice to get something that is at least somewhat reminiscent of the actual game's mechanics. The HUD and menu interface look great by the way.

As for PSO II, pretty sure there's at least a handful of English patches out there. Enjoy.
    I am going to try and change the way the gear handles, yes! The strafing (for now) controls the roll of the aircraft so I can see how the custom camera I made works. So far I like the way it is right now, but the way that the flight is handled right now (How to think of it: the gear's rotation is based off of the rotation of the camera) I think would prevent me from making any type of actual turning or rolling of the craft (like ace) without trying to animate it in 3ds max (which I know how to do and have been thinking about doing). But to effectively answer your question, yes! I am going to try and make it's flight like Ace's.

I just read up on the PSO2 english patches, so I may give that a go. I would like a localized version, but it seems like the same thing that happened with Ace is happening with PSO2 as well now. I guess I'll just wait.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast