Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [C]Prs skill: Extinction

Default [C]Prs skill: Extinction

Bug Description:
    Im not sure if its the skill description thats wrong or the skills that isent working as intented.
    Skill description say:

Extinction percen: 96+(lv/5)%
    Extinction amount: 52%
    Mana usage: 60
    Stamina usage: 37

This is at level 10. And as i read this, the chance to hit with it (for my prs) should be 96 + (107/5)% = 117,4%
    So over 100% chance to hit.
    I know this skill works in Icemine on the undead miners and undead managers there. And it takes away 52% of their current health like its suppose to. I do think it feels like the higher lvl the mobs are the harder they are to hit with extinction.

Procedure to duplicate this bug:
    This is quite simple, try casting extinction on undead monsters with a prs.

Other information:
    Ive tought about if the description is wrong, so the hit rate should be like 96% - (monster level/5) so for a Undead miner in ice mine it would be 96% - (111/5) = 74% chance to hit. This would mean that the skill could miss. But i think it should hit quite often if this was the way to understand it. But if this is true then it would make sence how you hit more often on lower level undead monsters.
    I have tested this on Undead king hopy in ET1 and undead miner/undead manager in IM. It can hit on all 3 monsters, but the chance seams rather low compared to the skill description.

Screenshot(s)/Video(s):
    I dont really think this needs a ss or a vid. tho i found one that a fellow prs (Falara) made few years back, showing the fail rate.
    Fail Rate Extinction 1/3 - YouTube

-Trip
    Last edited by Fervid; August 15th, 2013 at 05:23 PM.

Thanks for the report. Would just like to have some confirmation from some others about this.

1.Extinction not work on boss type,also not work on Chaos Cara.
    2.Its only 10% by my test work on lvl 100+ undead mobs with lvl 10 Extinction.
    3.20-30% by my test work on 9x undead mob in ice2.
    4.low lvl mobs also not 100%.

lvl 10 Extinction
    96 + (10x/5)% ,over 100%
    Last edited by SuperJia; August 4th, 2013 at 12:30 AM.
    See you at the 12x soon.
    LEVEL:118--Magician--SuperJia
    LEVEL:111--Pikeman--SupperJia

Fervid, in this video you also see Falara get defense pops, i cant remember when I last got that. See my thread about robe bug in the bug section.
    IGN: Jaximus

This does look like perhaps it's more of a typo in the descriptions. Perhaps it should be something more like:

Extinction percen: [(96+lv)/5]%
    Extinction amount: 52%
    Mana usage: 60
    Stamina usage: 37

In which case:
    96+107= 203
    203 / 5 = 40.6%

40.6% sounds more realistic. Would love some more comments and feedback about this.

Ive now hit 95 and tested in both ice 2 and loc.

Can video, but it wont be tonight.

LVL 95 prs extinction 10, 100% trained

Incubus summoners, slightly lower then 50% hit rate so your formula above holds
    Any of the undead in loc, was ext every 4 hits of vigorball, 1 hit every 20-30 tries. Didn't do an exact count, but it was ludicrously bad, level diff between incubus summoner and dark guards would be less then 10, didn't think the formula takes monster level into consideration, get very similar results on undeads in very low level maps to Ice 2.

Personally when loc first came out Extinction worked too well, it was the highest level map at the time and I think Yedang purposefully nerfed it working here.

Time rolls on the drops in loc are npc fodder, and people are now trying to get to ET, please get yedang to unnerf extinction in loc, and even against the undead bosses. It is a very limited purpose skill, put it back to the way it was always meant to be.

GaZ

most probably the most boring video ever, about 2:30 in ext works on 1 monster out of 5 in LOC, about 6:15 I move to ice2 and show how it works on incubus summoners, and then about 8:45 I head to dun1 and gather a bunch of different undeads and watch how many get hit each time I ext.

Is your Ext trained? cause for some skills that is a factor, it affects the efficiency of the skill

Dan

yeah as noted in the post above, ext 100% trained, lvl 10

Thank you for the information. I now believe we have enough information to escalate this bug. I will notify the GM's accordingly so that they can forward it to the developers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast